• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: 1) Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25) vs. 2) Toronto Raptors (56-26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, but who'd take him? and for that kinda dough...?

Actually, I think several teams would. I don't think the problem is that Love suddenly forgot how to play or suddenly turned into a bad player. I think he just doesn't fit with what the Cavs have. For the most part, he is relegated to standing at the 3 point line, waiting to get the ball and shoot.

For whatever reason, he doesn't seem to have been able to adjust his game to being part of a "big 3" as well as Bosh did.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess they could use a stretch there. but the lack of rebounding imo is the thing I don't like about him. and it's STILL a lotta bones to throw at a guy who only cans the occasional 3...
Love seems much more hesitant style of play in Cleveland then when he was in Minnesota. If I recall he was a pretty good rebounder in Minnesota and he had no hesitation with shooting the deep ball. In Cleveland it seems his style of play has gone down. Sorta like how Bosh went from All Star in Toronto to third fiddle in Miami when LBJ was there.

Maybe in a different environment Love goes back to being more aggressive.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol but he STILL wouldn't be "the man" in Cleveland. ain't that what he's always wanted...?
Yeah but he knows LBJ likes to pass the ball so he will get his touches. He has to know he isnt a #1 option anymore.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love seems much more hesitant style of play in Cleveland then when he was in Minnesota. If I recall he was a pretty good rebounder in Minnesota and he had no hesitation with shooting the deep ball. In Cleveland it seems his style of play has gone down. Sorta like how Bosh went from All Star in Toronto to third fiddle in Miami when LBJ was there.

Maybe in a different environment Love goes back to being more aggressive.

yeah I guess you and TF12 have me there. he DID seem to be a different player when he was running with the T-Wolves...

now that i'm thinking of that, bet PART of him wishes he would've STAYED there...

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not like LeBron, but in all seriousness, IF there is no title this year and you seriously look at your roster in how to improve...I look at the roster and focus on building this thing around Kyrie rather then LeBron. LeBron being THE guy putting in all these minutes and being as athletic as he is don't know how much longer he can do it.

Kyrie is where I look to carry the franchise in the future.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I guess you and TF12 have me there. he DID seem to be a different player when he was running with the T-Wolves...

It's a huge step down from being the #1 option to the #3 option. Especially when you are a player who can't really create his own shot and have to wait for 2 guys who can, to get you the ball. Some guys just can't make that adjustment. Even as well as Bosh handled it, there were times where he was lost in Miami's offense.

He also doesn't impact the game on the defensive end like Bosh did.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love was big in HS and college, where he did need to lose some weight. However, I think he has lost too much weight now that it has affected his effectiveness. Sure, smart move to slim down to be easier on your knees and to prolong your career. But he loses a large part of his game with how much weight he has lost. He seemed best around his 3rd or 4th year in Minnesota.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not like LeBron, but in all seriousness, IF there is no title this year and you seriously look at your roster in how to improve...I look at the roster and focus on building this thing around Kyrie rather then LeBron. LeBron being THE guy putting in all these minutes and being as athletic as he is don't know how much longer he can do it.

well, imo the guy's hitting his decline right NOW, so if you're the Cavs you don't have much choice in the matter...

my only thing with building a franchise around Kyrie is the one glowing weakness he's ALWAYS had...which is constantly being injured. guess we'll see which way they go from this point on...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok....how are you going to do that? They have no cap space room, even in 2017 when the cap sky rockets they will still be over the limit.

Last edited:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love was big in HS and college, where he did need to lose some weight. However, I think he has lost too much weight now that it has affected his effectiveness. Sure, smart move to slim down to be easier on your knees and to prolong your career. But he loses a large part of his game with how much weight he has lost. He seemed best around his 3rd or 4th year in Minnesota.

Love is playing in a totally different position now. In Minnesota he was the primary option and was in the post/paint quite often hence his large rebounding numbers. In this offense he's relegated to being a 3rd offensive option and is often times hanging around the perimeter. Him losing weight was the best for him hands down.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, I actually think u start running the offense through him so u can save LBJ a little more. We have seen it in this playoffs already that Irving can take the lead. Maybe they go for 1 more Big time Push with LBJ being the #1 but after that build around Irving. To be honest I bet you most teams are more scared of irving then LBJ when they have the ball in their hands. 1 problem with Irving is he doesnt play great D ( avg), and he gets injured.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the injury bug with Irving would be concerning.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok....how are you doing to do that? They have no cap space room, even in 2017 when the cap sky rockets they will still be over the limit.

About the only way to do it would be to trade Love. I think that a day or so ago, someone suggested Ryan Anderson(?) and another player for Love.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the lineup change late in the game. I understand Love couldn't back in but not having TT in and basically no rebounders in wasn't a good move. I except Lue to make adjustments and be ready for Game 5. If Lowry, Derozen and Biyombo continue to play at this high level though it will be hard for the Cavs to win especially if Love continues to struggle. They need another 3rd option to step....J.R., it's your time man

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still baffled that LeBron just doesn't drive hard to the basket every single time when the game is on the line. Dude is completely unstoppable when he does that. He is a matchup nightmare.

Too big, strong, and powerful for a typical guard to guard him. He is too quick for a forward or big man to guard him.

Seriously, if the game is close in the final minutes, my only play I draw up is LeBron coming off a screen, getting the ball and then driving hard to the basket. It should be either 2 points everytime or a foul.

If you watched the game everytime he drove or attempted to you saw the double going and everytime he did go to the rim Biyombo was there. They have done a great job limiting his driving and having a rim protector there the last 2 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.