• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: 1) Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25) vs. 2) Toronto Raptors (56-26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You told me I was. Fucking liar:finger2:

I'm just buttering up Mecca so she'll stay on the Cavs bandwagon. :D

Seriously, though, you, Mecca, and trojan are all pretty good at that.

Might be a little easier for Mecca since she's a Clipper's fan and rarely has a real rooting interest in the various discussions. Don't tell her I said that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the Heat wanted to target Lowry two offseasons ago. We couldn't because we were waiting on Lebron before he left us to go back to Cleveland. By the time he made his decision Lowry was already re-signed. Funny how things work out, Lebron actually did us a favor.
id rather have Lowry for a lot less money than Dragic at 16M a year....

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its puzzling why these 'reporters' ask such dumb questions.

They know there's a 95% chance they'll get an obvious answer. But its worth it to ask for the 5% chance the coach falls for the bait and says something controversial.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id rather have Lowry for a lot less money than Dragic at 16M a year....

They were discussing on the radio this morning the possibility/plus minuses of trading Dragic for Conley.
Reasoning being style of play would be better for each team.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They know there's a 95% chance they'll get an obvious answer. But its worth it to ask for the 5% chance the coach falls for the bait and says something controversial.

Only if you are asking Whiteside or Beasley who will say anything.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way u look at it the NBA is watered down and the Big 3 teams killed the NBA. Man I miss it when the best players wanted to beat the best players not join them.

I do think the Finals will be interested. I wont watch the ECF anymore. Its pointless. I think I will be right about GS at the end. I said it will be over in 5 or 6. GS too much for OKC but OKC can hang in there. I do give them credit for that.

I think it's about the same only the top teams today are not as good as the top teams of the 80s/90s.

When you think about it...the great teams all had their runs but they were clearly better than their conference foes...in the 80s it was mostly the Lakers and Celtics...in the east the Sixers broke thru once or twice maybe...then DET had their run and CHI couldn't get over the hump...when they finally did, no one could touch them...in the west HOU got a couple...Jazz got there once, but rarely was there a great deal of parity, but most every team did have great players...at least one or two.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yo:

Its been nice having another poster around to contend against the anti-cavs masses :-)

I'm not really a Cavs fan, and from my perspective, there seems to be a shitton of anti-Lebron sentiment on here as well as people calling you and Wiggy a homer. Frankly, I haven't seen anything from you that would merit you being labeled a homer, and very little from Wiggy. What I've noticed is a lot of people dumping on Lebron and the Cavs, you two defending them, often with thought-out, seemingly reasonable arguments, and then you get called a homer.

Of course, I hope Trojanfan doesn't see this post, or he'll tell me about how he's certain that I've seen things that I haven't, and then spend the next dozen posts telling me how not obsessed with Lebron he is.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we had something meaningful. Go fuck yourself. :D

So, don't you think Lebron should just sign a contract for minimum wage so that the Cavs have the money to go out and sign someone like Steph Curry?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok...well I could say Toronto and Miami are better than every team in the West besides GS and SA and that isn't a stretch at all honestly.

Actually, it is a stretch, especially Toronto.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, don't you think Lebron should just sign a contract for minimum wage so that the Cavs have the money to go out and sign someone like Steph Curry?

No chance in hell that happens. He's one of the best players out there and this isn't a charity event. Lebron is going for every dime he can get - and nobody can blame him.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance in hell that happens. He's one of the best players out there and this isn't a charity event. Lebron is going for every dime he can get - and nobody can blame him.

No, I think it's possible. He's a hometown guy and really loves the area. He's always at the Outback Steakhouse around the corner from his house. He's making huge scratch in endorsements and whatnot, so I could see him agreeing to play for $8.30/hr so that Gilbert has the money to buy Curry away from the Warriors.

Status
Not open for further replies.