• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: 1) Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25) vs. 2) Toronto Raptors (56-26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a playoff record of which he erased Pat Rileys name for the record books........ :) gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside mwahahahhaah

Just like the Warriors 73-9 record...it won't mean a thing if they don't finish it with a title.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like the Warriors 73-9 record...it won't mean a thing if they don't finish it with a title.
see this is where i dont agree - for the most part.

after every single little thing the Cavs do- the reflex for Cavs haters is- IT DOESNT MATTER IF THEY DONT WIN IT ALL...

yah i understand that argument--- but i think to a certain extent is a big hulking wad of bullshit. No one can tell me that this has not been EXTREMELY fun to watch the Cavs play GREAT ball and put up some historic numbers these last few series. OF COURSE every single Cavs fan hopes they finish it off with a Championship- but if they dont win the title- at least for me- I can look back without any kind of reservation and say that this season has been LOADS OF FUN - from start to finish and everything in between. If people- as sports fans- cant appreciate a season like this and ONLY care about a TITLE OR BUST- they miss out on about 97% of being a fan.

Im watching the Cavs sweep through the East- and LeBron go for crazy transition dunks where he takes off from Columbus Ohio and reverse slams it- thats a HELLUVA lot of fun and its been AWESOME being a Cavs fan since he has come back. OF COURSE i hope they win a title- but regardless- this season- last sesason- next season- has been, IS, and WILL BE, just a TON of fun.

The Lil Kevin stuff...Irving and Love taking huge steps up, LeBron being as healthy as he has been in forever and making CRAZY plays, the 10-0 playoff run, the 3pt records, Ty Lue establishing himself....etc etc. etc.....no matter WHAT happens- i dont know even ONE Cleveland fan who has not absolutely loved and enjoyed watchng this team.

Last edited:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes talking about all the idiots who kept bemoaning the fact that the "real" title matchup was the Spurs and Warriors, LOL- ya know- the people who in January thought they KNEW what would happen in June, LOL

Nobody who made that prediction was an idiot.
It seemed destined that those 2 teams would face off.
It's sports, it's games.
Shit happens.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

after every single little thing the Cavs do- the reflex for Cavs haters is- IT DOESNT MATTER IF THEY DONT WIN IT ALL...

yah i understand that argument--- but i think to a certain extent is a big hulking wad of bullshit. No one can tell me that this has not been EXTREMELY fun to watch the Cavs play GREAT ball and put up some historic numbers these last few series. OF COURSE every single Cavs fan hopes they finish it off with a Championship- but if they dont win the title- at least for me- I can look back without any kind of reservation and say that this season has been LOADS OF FUN - from start to finish and everything in between. If people- as sports fans- cant appreciate a season like this and ONLY care about a TITLE OR BUST- they miss out on about 97% of being a fan.

Im watching the Cavs sweep through the East- and LeBron go for crazy transition dunks where he takes off from Columbus Ohio and reverse slams it- thats a HELLUVA lot of fun and its been AWESOME being a Cavs fan since he has come back. OF COURSE i hope they win a title- but regardless- this season- last sesason- next season- has been, IS, and WILL BE, just a TON of fun.

The Lil Kevin stuff...Irving and Love taking huge steps up, LeBron being as healthy as he has been in forever and making CRAZY plays, the 10-0 playoff run, the 3pt records, Ty Lue establishing himself....etc etc. etc.....no matter WHAT happens- i dont know even ONE Cleveland fan who has not absolutely loved and enjoyed watchng this team.

Looks likes the words of a possible excuse maker.
It's championship or bust.
Nobody gives 2 fucks about how much fun it was to watch Goliath beating up David.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stopped reading after this. It has nothing to do with Cavs hate. Did you miss the part where I said "Just like the Warriors 73-9 record"?

For the Cavs and Warriors both, it's championship or bust...period. The Warriors 73-9 record is great, it's the best record in league history. If they don't win the title...it's pretty meaningless. Same with the Cavs. It doesn't matter what records they break if they don't win a title.

Nobody hangs banners for regular season records and no one hangs banners for playoff wins unless they get 16 of them. I watched the 88-89 Lakers roll into the finals unbeaten in the playoffs. If memory serves, they were the first team (at least in the modern era) to do it. End of the day, it didn't mean shit because Byron Scott and Magic both got hurt and they lost in the finals.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were discussing on the radio this morning the possibility/plus minuses of trading Dragic for Conley.
Reasoning being style of play would be better for each team.

I'd be all for that trade.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stopped reading after this. It has nothing to do with Cavs hate. Did you miss the part where I said "Just like the Warriors 73-9 record"?

For the Cavs and Warriors both, it's championship or bust...period. The Warriors 73-9 record is great, it's the best record in league history. If they don't win the title...it's pretty meaningless. Same with the Cavs. It doesn't matter what records they break if they don't win a title.

Nobody hangs banners for regular season records and no one hangs banners for playoff wins unless they get 16 of them. I watched the 88-89 Lakers roll into the finals unbeaten in the playoffs. If memory serves, they were the first team (at least in the modern era) to do it. End of the day, it didn't mean shit because Byron Scott and Magic both got hurt and they lost in the finals.
well what i am saying is if you are a sports fan and all you care about is banners you should get out of the business.

In any given year about 3% of teams win a title. I of course will be very upset if the Cavs come up short- however- if anyone told me this season was a "total bust" becuase of the loss- i would laugh at them and feel sorry for them- because they dont fully understand what it is to be a fan.

Watching the Cavs sweep through the East and dominate, watching LeBron go for some of the craziest in-game dunks I have ever seen, watching Kyrie take the step up to an elite player, watching Ty Lue break a coaching record of Rileys that has stood for 2-3 decades- watching the cameraderie and fun in the locker room, Lil Kevin, etc. etc.

If someone came up to me and told me the Cavs season was a total failure because they lost the Finals desspite all the fun, i would laugh at them and take a piss on their car door. LOL.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just buttering up Mecca so she'll stay on the Cavs bandwagon. :D

Seriously, though, you, Mecca, and trojan are all pretty good at that.

Might be a little easier for Mecca since she's a Clipper's fan and rarely has a real rooting interest in the various discussions. Don't tell her I said that.

I was thinking the same thing.

Where the hell else am I gonna go?

#IfTheCavsCanWinWhyNotUs :pray:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it is a stretch, especially Toronto.
Dont even bother they are blind as hell. That statement just summed it up. Im done with this argument. Its clear as hell and some people cant see it because they either dont want to admit it or just trying to start an argument or are True Homers.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont even bother they are blind as hell. That statement just summed it up. Im done with this argument. Its clear as hell and some people cant see it because they either dont want to admit it or just trying to start an argument or are True Homers.

Coming from the ultimate homer lol. Chicago sucks. Deal with it, clown

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems pretty butt hurt.
Who got what wrong?

Every single person said Cavs would be in the Finals.
If they win the Finals, then yes, most got it wrong.

You sure??

1. Cavs don't make Finals
    18 vote(s)
    78.3%

2. Win the title
    5 vote(s)
    21.7%
It seems it is actually the opposite...but yah know the East is soooo weak

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree that he won't, but for different reasons...I don't view him as a lessor talent, just a different kind of player...although he's not a point...his mindset and approach to the game is more like Magic's than MJ or Kobe.
I agree with that about the Magic comment. MJ and Kobe like to take over games LBJ likes to share the chances late in the games. He keeps his players going through out the game and I can respect that but Kobe and MJ had that killer instinct that LBJ just doesnt have. Hence switching teams

I will say this all 3 make the other better on their team.I will not deny that about LBJ. The guy is a baller.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every team left excluding Raptors is title or bust. It is pretty sad that Wiggy fails to admit their season will not be a success if they're not holding up the title next month

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming from the ultimate homer lol. Chicago sucks. Deal with it, clown
I think everyone on here knows Im not even close to a homer( I might have some homer moments, every fan does). Most of the I look at everything and try and be realistic about my opinions. Some thing you are way off on. Again if this was true I would be kissing the East ass. I also stated multiple times the Bulls suck. So again u look like a fool with your statement. Man u are looking bad.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that about the Magic comment. MJ and Kobe like to take over games LBJ likes to share the chances late in the games. He keeps his players going through out the game and I can respect that but Kobe and MJ had that killer instinct that LBJ just doesnt have. Hence switching teams

I will say this all 3 make the other better on their team.I will not deny that about LBJ. The guy is a baller.

MJ and Kobe had plenty of players hit big shots. Lebron has the killer instinct just like them, we have seen it when his team needed it the most throughout his career. Hence, the Finals last year, basically playing with bench players and he went into takeover mode. The thing with him is he can dictate the game how he wants, it's whatever he decides.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team left excluding Raptors is title or bust. It is pretty sad that Wiggy fails to admit their season will not be a success if they're not holding up the title next month
i think you are 100% completely and totally wrong- and if thats how you really think- i am 100% glad i do not think like you.

If the Cavs lose in 7 to the Warriors- me- personally- OF COURSE i will be dissapointed- but this has been an AMAZING season in so many freaking ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.