• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: 1) Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25) vs. 2) Toronto Raptors (56-26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant Toronto, hence why Lowry went back to the locker room. He had to tend to his big vagina lol.

I lost a little respect for him. I don't think he was injured at all but I could be wrong.

He wasn't, he even admitted in his post-game interview. I for one hate comparing sports to the military. However, in this case I'll make an exception. Being in the Marine Corps, I've had a deep disdain/lack of respect for the Army given that their recruits get a more "comfortable" atmosphere and have a thing called stress cards. Stress cards allow you to take a break when basic training gets too hard and you need to decompress. Marine Corps doesn't have that, and if they did, it would be a trick if you as a recruit actually used it.

Lowry showed his vagina to the world last night. I'm of the belief that Dragic is a bit overpaid. But I'll take Dragic all day everyday over Lowry's bitch ass.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes a bitter bulls fan that is saying really really stupid stuff because of his bitterness...Portland? LOL...Portland doesnt even make the playoffs if not for all the injuries and steps back the West took this year.

Id take Detroit over Portland in a series- let alone Hawks or Charlotte or Boston or Miami...i dont even think the Blazers make the playoffs in the East.
I have to say you are pretty funny. The west is way more loaded on top than the East. Blazers would easily make the playoffs in the east. Hawks would not beat the Blazers in a series. Those teams would probably have lost to that same Clippers squad.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. Regular season is not a good predictor of playoff results when we are talking about 2 teams.

But we're not talking about going 2 - 1 against a team. They're freaking 4 - 10 against 7 different teams you claim they would beat in a series. That's a sample size with meaning.

Between the Blazers 48 wins and that record against the East's playoff teams... the evidence is overwhelmingly not in your favor.

And I don't have any "theory". I'm just providing evidence that shows how ridiculous your theory - which is based on nothing but your personal opinion - seems to be.

I've told you before, but I'll repeat it. I like your style.

The points I see you make seem reasonable, logical, and you support them with facts and reason. Frankly, I'm not sure how you've lasted this long on the NBA boards (particularly as a Cavs fan), because there seems to be a whole lot of subjectivity bandied about around here.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Im saying in the playoffs Portland beats every east team except for Cavs and maybe a healthy Heat team. Its not that hard to understand. :pound:

So they are as good as or better than the number 2 seed. I highly doubt that. Missing the playoffs is really affecting that brain of yours. Maybe it's better you don't have to lose to Bron Bron once again lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we are talking about right now that helps the West case more. East has been a joke in these playoffs. Thanks for helping us out. :pound:

Miami and Toronto aren't healthy either so yah.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will never be in the same boat. Too many L's in the Finals. U do know he has been Pippen to Irving in these playoffs. Irving has been the Teams MVP in these Playoffs.

Is he Pippen? lol Wow.

Lebron 23.5 ppg 8.7 rpg 7.3 apg 2.4 spg
Kyrie 24.8 ppg 2.1 rpg 5.2 apg

That is with Lebron playing his lowest amount of minutes per game in the playoffs ever in a postseason.

Cmon get a hold of yourself. You are beyond obsessed with the King lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they are as good as or better than the number 2 seed. I highly doubt that. Missing the playoffs is really affecting that brain of yours. Maybe it's better you don't have to lose to Bron Bron once again lol
Portland SUCKS...lol Obviously Lillard is a very good PG...but its not like he is even top 5 at his position in the league.

other than that they have practically no one one consequence. Their only other player this is even REMOTELy close to someone I would give a "B" to is McCollum

their other starters are Aminu, Plumlee, and Mo Harkless? thats a bad joke right there. Your team IS NOT GOOD- in fact IT SUCKS- if El Aminu, Plumlee, and Mo Harkless is your starting front court.

the bench was not much better. Gerald Henderson and Ed DAvis, and Alan Crabbe--- Crabbe at least has some potential moving forward i suppose.

No way do the Blazers get out of the first round if not for the Clippers injuries- no way do they even get close to winning a game vs. the Warriors if not for Curry's injury.

The Hawks, Celtics, Heat, Bobcats, Raptors, Pistons, Pacers, all BLOW AWAY Portlands roster--- i mean even Indiana- you take PG over Lillard any day of the week- and the rest of thecomparison is just a freaking bad joke.

The Hawks? Teague, Horford, Milsap, Korver, Schroeder- etc. vs. what? Lillard and McCollum and Miles Plumlee and Moe Harkless? LOL its a JOKE.

Lowry, DeRozan, JV, just DOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMINATES anything the Blazers have...

Batum, MKG, Kemba, Lin, Jefferson, Zeller vs. Lillard and a bunch of nobodies? LOL its not even a contest

The Heat? - Wade, Whiteside, Deng, JJ, etc. vs. Lillard and a bunch of nothing? JOKE

these people are delusional...the Blazers are a freaking JOKE after last offseason. I give Lillard tons of credit for getting them where he did- but overall that team sucks ass. It has some of the least talent in the entire league on the roster.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he Pippen? lol Wow.

Lebron 23.5 ppg 8.7 rpg 7.3 apg 2.4 spg
Kyrie 24.8 ppg 2.1 rpg 5.2 apg

That is with Lebron playing his lowest amount of minutes per game in the playoffs ever in a postseason.

Cmon get a hold of yourself. You are beyond obsessed with the King lol.
ive extolled the virtues of Irvings play as much as anyone...he has been great.

but make no mistake- LeBron is the engine that makes it go. He has been brilliant. EASILY the teams MVP.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't, he even admitted in his post-game interview. I for one hate comparing sports to the military. However, in this case I'll make an exception. Being in the Marine Corps, I've had a deep disdain/lack of respect for the Army given that their recruits get a more "comfortable" atmosphere and have a thing called stress cards. Stress cards allow you to take a break when basic training gets too hard and you need to decompress. Marine Corps doesn't have that, and if they did, it would be a trick if you as a recruit actually used it.

Lowry showed his vagina to the world last night. I'm of the belief that Dragic is a bit overpaid. But I'll take Dragic all day everyday over Lowry's bitch ass.

I will take any point guard that is tough over a weak-minded guy that talks shit and can't back it up. I will take Delly over him bc he works his ass off and gives you everything night in and night out.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ive extolled the virtues of Irvings play as much as anyone...he has been great.

but make no mistake- LeBron is the engine that makes it go. He has been brilliant. EASILY the teams MVP.

Absolutely. Kyrie will eventually be the main scorer and has dominated this postseason but Lebron is the leader, distributor and like you said the engine that puts this team together.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone here realize how dumb it is to compare regular season head to head matchups? The bulls who missed the playoffs were 3-1 against the Cavs this season. It means jack shit.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say you are pretty funny. The west is way more loaded on top than the East. Blazers would easily make the playoffs in the east. Hawks would not beat the Blazers in a series. Those teams would probably have lost to that same Clippers squad.

While Portland would make the playoffs you do understand the 3-6 seeds all were 14 games over. They would be a lower seed in the East but would probably make the playoffs. That being said, the Blazers don't play much defense and the Hawks play very solid defense. Portland is a hit or miss, if their offense is flowing and Lillard is on they can beat almost any team, if it isn't they don't look like a playoff team. The Hawks simply can't beat the Cavs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone here realize how dumb it is to compare regular season head to head matchups? The bulls who missed the playoffs were 3-1 against the Cavs this season. It means jack shit.

I agree.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've told you before, but I'll repeat it. I like your style.

The points I see you make seem reasonable, logical, and you support them with facts and reason. Frankly, I'm not sure how you've lasted this long on the NBA boards (particularly as a Cavs fan), because there seems to be a whole lot of subjectivity bandied about around here.

@gordontrue is one of the most reasonable homers on this board.

Let's face facts: We are all biased towards our teams.

But, this guy has the ability to be rational and civil, even when he disagrees.

I have gone full blown asshole. So, myself and a few others could learn a lesson or two.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You and ChiefsLakers67 seem to be at extreme odds on this subject.

k, well i'll put it to ya like THIS then, m'man. counting from last year's finals to now the Dubs have whipped the Cavs 5 straight times. and the LAST time in their own building and beat 'em like they stole somethin'. so I think that when the deal goes down it MIGHT be a decent series, but imo Dubs have the upper hand...

The two of youts ought to duke this one out.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@gordontrue is one of the most reasonable homers on this board.

Let's face facts: We are all biased towards our teams.

But, this guy has the ability to be rational and civil, even when he disagrees.

I have gone full blown asshole. So, myself and a few others could learn a lesson or two.

Folks that knew me well from FN's MLB threads will tell you that I have no bias towards the Indians. In fact, I think I have a mechanism that actually works as an anti-bias with Indians players.

I had a reputation of being very objective and I gained it by routinely being put in a position where I would defend, say, the dick-sniffing Yankees, or those fagbirds from Boston, both of which I hate.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. Regular season is not a good predictor of playoff results when we are talking about 2 teams.

But we're not talking about going 2 - 1 against a team. They're freaking 4 - 10 against 7 different teams you claim they would beat in a series. That's a sample size with meaning.

Between the Blazers 48 wins and that record against the East's playoff teams... the evidence is overwhelmingly not in your favor.

And I don't have any "theory". I'm just providing evidence that shows how ridiculous your theory - which is based on nothing but your personal opinion - seems to be.
and your evidence says Bulls would have gone to the Finals then because they beat the Cavs and had a better record against the Spurs, GS OKC and then the Cavs. Your Theory is Flawed. If you go by eye test in these playoffs you can see how weak the East is. Raptors are a joke.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes a bitter bulls fan that is saying really really stupid stuff because of his bitterness...Portland? LOL...Portland doesnt even make the playoffs if not for all the injuries and steps back the West took this year.

Id take Detroit over Portland in a series- let alone Hawks or Charlotte or Boston or Miami...i dont even think the Blazers make the playoffs in the East.
How am I bitter. Now we know you are a mess. Me being a Bulls fan makes no sense. If anything I would stick up for the East. Get a clue man, you are reaching now. It looks bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.