• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: 1) Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25) vs. 2) Toronto Raptors (56-26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not trying to be(TOO much of) a smartass, but why WOULD they...?
I was just being a little snarky, but was referring more to "respect" / taking an opponent too lightly.

IMO, one of the vulnerabilities of this Warriors team is their supreme confidence. It is also one of their biggest strengths and what makes them who they are.

Seems like they have been at their best when their backs are against the wall and they have been at their worst when they've taken their opponent lightly.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
against what kind of competition, Shane? seriously...

:L Just stop. 10-0 is 10-0, no way around it.

Just bc they haven't played the best of the best doesn't mean they can't. We say a depleted, tired Cavs team win 2 games, why do they have no chance vs the mighty Warriors?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Just stop. 10-0 is 10-0, no way around it.

Just bc they haven't played the best of the best doesn't mean they can't. We say a depleted, tired Cavs team win 2 games, why do they have no chance vs the mighty Warriors?
yah i just dont understand this narrative that the Cavs "dont have a chance"

of course its perpetuated by the same people who swore the only teams that had a chance to win a title were the Spurs and Warriors- so we can see how much these people actually know, LOL.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SERIOUSLY...???!!!:pound::pound::pound:

To Wiggy's point, the analysts I've seen on SportsCenter or whatever seem to agree that this is a very different team than it was four months ago. Clicking on all cylinders and whatnot.

I've seen/heard that from plenty of non-Cavs fans.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, 10-0. I've NEVER seen that before...:rolleyes2:

congrats on tearing through a depleted Raptors squad....

You have to get to the Finals some way. What is the difference between barely edging opponents to the Finals or killing them to the Finals? Nothing. Wins are wins. And Lebron won't let these guys get big heads, the goal from the start was title or bust.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To Wiggy's point, the analysts I've seen on SportsCenter or whatever seem to agree that this is a very different team than it was four months ago. Clicking on all cylinders and whatnot.

I never said they WEREN'T playing good ball. as someone said earlier you can only play the completion in front of you, so I agree with you here...

but imo until you actually play the best of the best that when you get a true measuring stick. that's pretty much all i'm saying...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sya that all you wanna and keep rubbing your lucky rabbit's foot. 5 straight whoopin's is STILL 5 straight whoopin's...

the arrogance of some Cavs fans. sheesh...

Weren't 3 of those without Kyrie, Love, a dehydrated Delly, and a Shump that couldn't lift his arm. Ok thanks. The Cavs are also playing there best basketball since Lebron came back to Cleveland...just sayin. They have a shot, but I guess the Warriors will sweep by your logic.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the coaching change has been a HUGE part of it. Kyrie getting fully healthy and knocking all the rust off, and Love integrating into the offense has been huge too.

By far the biggest change has been the coaching- and how he has gotten the guys to A. develop GREAT chemistry B. develop great ball movement and C. rely on eachother. Blatt had a serious problem with those things.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sya that all you wanna and keep rubbing your lucky rabbit's foot. 5 straight whoopin's is STILL 5 straight whoopin's...

I wouldn't call the Christmas Day game in Okaland a whoopin.

The one in January was a massive whoppin similar to the whoopin Golden State got from Portland in the regular season.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't 3 of those without Kyrie, Love, a dehydrated Delly, and a Shump that couldn't lift his arm. Ok thanks. The Cavs are also playing there best basketball since Lebron came back to Cleveland...just sayin. They have a shot, but I guess the Warriors will sweep by your logic.

now you're putting words in my mouth? DO keep up the good work, Shane ol' bean...:lol:

sheesh, sorry we ALL aren't ready to bow down to the "King" and his court...:L

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, one of the vulnerabilities of this Warriors team is their supreme confidence. It is also one of their biggest strengths and what makes them who they are.

The King James version of the Bible, from Proverbs, 16:18, says "pride goeth before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall."

Probably doesn't mean too much here, so I think I'll just head over to the NSFW forum and jerk off into my office trash can.

Be back in a bit. . .

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call the Christmas Day game in Okaland a whoopin.

The one in January was a massive whoppin similar to the whoopin Golden State got from Portland in the regular season.

ok, you know what I meant. DO agree that one in December WAS close, though...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
say that all you wanna and keep rubbing your lucky rabbit's foot. 5 straight whoopin's is STILL 5 straight whoopin's...

Honestly, I don't think you're looking at this logically.

I think you have a point regarding the two games this season, but the three you're cherry picking from last year's finals, to me, seem like a massive fucking stretch. Half their squad wasn't playing and Lebron was gassed from dragging that team into the finals and winning two games.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah 6 straight finals is crazy to think about in the modern era of 30 teams..especially considering itll almost for sure be 8- and could be as many as 10-11 (in my opinion anyway).

Guess he was smart to come to Miami to get the ball rolling.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The King James version of the Bible, from Proverbs, 16:18, says "pride goeth before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall."

Probably doesn't mean too much here, so I think I'll just head over to the NSFW forum and jerk off into my office trash can.

Be back in a bit. . .

Slinky- :wank:

Mecca- :puke:

Status
Not open for further replies.