• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: 1) Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25) vs. 2) Toronto Raptors (56-26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By far the biggest change has been the coaching- and how he has gotten the guys to A. develop GREAT chemistry B. develop great ball movement and C. rely on eachother. Blatt had a serious problem with those things.

Another problem he had/has is how stupid his facial expressions make him look.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, 10-0. I've NEVER seen that before...:rolleyes2:

congrats on tearing through a depleted Raptors squad....

IDK who Toronto is missing that would make a series difference, but right now the CAVs look very good....this series is not over yet...Raptors might get one at home if they can sustain their 1Q play at least til the half. But...what appears to be setting up is a fresh CAVs team vs a OKC or GS team that has been pushed to the limit.

If CLE doesn't win this title, the LJ critics will point to this year as why he shouldn't be in the same conversation as Kobe, much less MJ.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

You are on crack. Portland is 2 seed, is what you are saying :laugh3:
No Im saying in the playoffs Portland beats every east team except for Cavs and maybe a healthy Heat team. Its not that hard to understand. :pound:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they werent healthy. I thought the point of the conversation was right now. Not in the future when they are healthy.
So we are talking about right now that helps the West case more. East has been a joke in these playoffs. Thanks for helping us out. :pound:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK who Toronto is missing that would make a series difference, but right now the CAVs look very good....this series is not over yet...Raptors might get one at home if they can sustain their 1Q play at least til the half. But...what appears to be setting up is a fresh CAVs team vs a OKC or GS team that has been pushed to the limit.

If CLE doesn't win this title, the LJ critics will point to this year as why he shouldn't be in the same conversation as Kobe, much less MJ.
He will never be in the same boat. Too many L's in the Finals. U do know he has been Pippen to Irving in these playoffs. Irving has been the Teams MVP in these Playoffs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way u look at it the NBA is watered down and the Big 3 teams killed the NBA. Man I miss it when the best players wanted to beat the best players not join them.

I do think the Finals will be interested. I wont watch the ECF anymore. Its pointless. I think I will be right about GS at the end. I said it will be over in 5 or 6. GS too much for OKC but OKC can hang in there. I do give them credit for that.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Im saying in the playoffs Portland beats every east team except for Cavs and maybe a healthy Heat team. Its not that hard to understand. :pound:

Portland's record this year against East Playoff teams: 5 - 11

Blazers lost to every East playoff team this year except Indiana and went 0-6 against the Cavs playoff opponents (DET, ATL, TOR).

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Blazers lost to every East playoff team this year except Indiana and went 0-6 against the Cavs playoff opponents (DET, ATL, TOR).
WHO cares about the regular season. Playoffs are different and if you dont understand that I cant help you. Thats like saying My Bulls would beat Cavs in the playoffs because they beat them 3 out of 4 and Bulls had a beter record against the Top 5 teams then the Cavs. It doesnt make sense. That is what your theory is.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raptors just aren't good enough to beat the Cavs. They are overrated. Cavs are stacked and healthy and have an easy road to the finals.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHO cares about the regular season. Playoffs are different and if you dont understand that I cant help you. Thats like saying My Bulls would beat Cavs in the playoffs because they beat them 3 out of 4 and Bulls had a beter record against the Top 5 teams then the Cavs. It doesnt make sense. That is what your theory is.

You're right. Regular season is not a good predictor of playoff results when we are talking about 2 teams.

But we're not talking about going 2 - 1 against a team. They're freaking 4 - 10 against 7 different teams you claim they would beat in a series. That's a sample size with meaning.

Between the Blazers 48 wins and that record against the East's playoff teams... the evidence is overwhelmingly not in your favor.

And I don't have any "theory". I'm just providing evidence that shows how ridiculous your theory - which is based on nothing but your personal opinion - seems to be.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hes a bitter bulls fan that is saying really really stupid stuff because of his bitterness...Portland? LOL...Portland doesnt even make the playoffs if not for all the injuries and steps back the West took this year.

Id take Detroit over Portland in a series- let alone Hawks or Charlotte or Boston or Miami...i dont even think the Blazers make the playoffs in the East.

Status
Not open for further replies.