• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: 1) Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25) vs. 2) Toronto Raptors (56-26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More reason why I think better is poor wording by Wiggs. Let's assume Cleveland beat Toronto then lose in the finals to OKC/GSW.

If you ask who had the better season between Toronto/Cleveland, the answer would be Cleveland but if you asked which team met or exceeded expectations then the answer is Toronto.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its about expectations. It really makes no sense to debate with you. We have different views. That's life

If as a team, you expect to win a title and you fall short. Your season is a bust as you did not accomplish what you wanted to.

If as a team your expectations was to make the playoffs and make it to the 2nd round then you end up making the conference finals. You just had a successful year based on your expectations back in preseason.

I think the better word is really the wrong wording here.
LOL

I mean this is a joke right? Your not being serious with this are you?

at the end of the year is the NBA going to re-do the standins and say the Blazers had the best season becasue they overacheived from some bullshit expectations put on them by the media in the prior to the season starting?

ARe the bulls the biggest losers because they underachieved the VERY MOST compared to "expectations" to what they finished?

ITS BULLSHIT.

You measure success in WINNINg- not against expectations. This is total insanity. lol....you guys cant be serious are you?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

at the end of the year is the NBA going to re-do the standins and say the Blazers had the best season becasue they overacheived from some bullshit expectations put on them by the media in the prior to the season starting?

ARe the bulls the biggest losers because they underachieved the VERY MOST compared to "expectations" to what they finished?

ITS BULLSHIT.

You measure success in WINNINg- not against expectations. This is total insanity. lol....you guys cant be serious are you?

I think you're full of shit

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Wiggy on this.

If you want to have a discussion about expectations and who exceeded them or met them or failed to live up to them, that's fine. And expectation definitely plays a role in the level of disappointment that will be felt when a team loses.

But the default measurement of any team or player in sports is Winning. Any other measurement is secondary.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you want to have a discussion about expectations and who exceeded them or met them or failed to live up to them, that's fine. And expectation definitely plays a role in the level of disappointment that will be felt when a team loses.

But the default measurement of any team or player in sports is Winning. Any other measurement is secondary.
if the Browns are predicted in Vegas to win 3 games this year and they win 6 do we get a banner or a trophy?

No? only the warm feeling that we sucked a little less than some guy in Vegas thought we would? :noidea:

Ill be the PATRIOTS ANYDAY...or for that matter the Bungles who cant win a playoff game. lol.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So everyteam is championship or bust? Cool nice to know.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So everyteam is championship or bust? Cool nice to know.

Isn't the ultimate goal for every player to win a championship. Expectations are obvious higher for different players and teams but the goal is to win it all for every player and every team in every sport.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't the ultimate goal for every player to win a championship. Expectations are obvious higher for different players and teams but the goal is to win it all for every player and every team in every sport.

So the Sixers players were expecting to win the title this year?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually agree with wiggy on this too.

You do now because your Team is going home after a 73 win Season.

You guys are on crack.

Getting to the Finals, Conference Finals..whatever...is a great achievement for any Team.

But, when your Team has the highest payroll in the NBA, 3 top 20 players, you are expected to win a Championship.

When you are coming off a 67 win year, win a chip, then set the single Season record with 73 wins, you are expected to win a chip.

Yes, it should be every teams goal to win it all. But, getting to the Finals and not winning, just makes you the last loser.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

ITS BULLSHIT.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I disagree.
Expectations play a big role.
The Champion, of course had THE BEST season, but other teams who fell short of the Finals can feel better about their season then the Cavs should IF they lose IMO.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Sixers players were expecting to win the title this year?

Not expecting, but they play for a reason. To win it all. Unless you are Dwight or Harden, I guess they are playing for the money.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not a realistic goal for most teams in most sports in any season.
Cavs are title or bust. Sorry.
So are Warriors and at this point I would say Thunder.
Maybe throw Spurs in there, but nobody else.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not expecting, but they play for a reason. To win it all. Unless you are Dwight or Harden, I guess they are playing for the money.

I understand that mindset in terms of your career but I do think there are times approaching a season where players know we're not doing shit this year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's why I said expectations are different. it's still the goal for every player.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would add a healthy Clippers. I think CP3 & Blake were expecting a title if they remained healthy

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that mindset in terms of your career but I do think there are times approaching a season where players know we're not doing shit this year.

Ohh yeah of course, for the Sixers it was like the 9th game of the season.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I said expectations are different. it's still the goal for every player.

As a career goal? Yes

Season goals changes by the year and depends on the team you're on. Melo was not expecting a title this year but yes I bet he expects to win a title or two before the end of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.