• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: 1) Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25) vs. 2) Toronto Raptors (56-26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the last couple games have gone... Biyombo can't even be mad about LeBron talking about him playing good "at home". LeBron couldn't have been more correct.

Looked like the whole team did.

LeBron was right, but what's the point in publicly saying it?

The Raptors whole team has been bad on the road for MOST of 3 series.
Maybe they got held up in customs?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the last couple games have gone... Biyombo can't even be mad about LeBron talking about him playing good "at home". LeBron couldn't have been more correct.

Still was a backhanded compliment. You can say that about quiet a lot of role players in the league....including a few on the Cavs

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Raptors whole team has been bad on the road for MOST of 3 series.
Maybe they got held up in customs?

Exactly. I don't get the whole backhanded compliment and why it was even necessary. It is a known fact in the playoffs, role players tend to play much better at home. Usually on the road you need to depend more on your stars to carry the weight. This isn't new

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There really is no point to it. It's a big part of why a lot of people don't like him. It seems that if he's not taking passive aggressive shots at his teammates, he's doing it to opponents.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really is no point to it. It's a big part of why a lot of people don't like him. It seems that if he's not taking passive aggressive shots at his teammates, he's doing it to opponents.

yep, CONSTANT dick moves like that just show the guy's egotistical side. is what it is, though...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like Trump?:noidea:
James for VP??

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't defending LeBron's statement, just pointing out that from Biyombo's perspective can't really be upset about it after the way he played yesterday. Don't like it, prove him wrong.

When I first heard about LeBron saying Biyombo played good "at home" I thought people were reading too much into LeBron complimenting a guy after a good game. But watching the actual press conference... it definitely felt like a little jab the way he used the phrase "at home" more than once.

LeBron is hardly the first NBA player to throw a little jab at an opponent after a good game. And it was accompanied by what seemed to be him genuinely giving credit to the Raptors for playing well and getting the win... so using it as a reason to call LeBron a "dick" or not like him is a little dramatic imo, but whatever.

Other than public perception the only harm that comment could have done was light a fire under Biyombo to play well on the road... but that doesn't seem to be an issue. For all I know the comment got to BB8 and contributed to his play yesterday.

If it was Pop or Phil Jackson or Belichick that did that... people would be calling it the genius move of a master mind.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't defending LeBron's statement, just pointing out that from Biyombo's perspective can't really be upset about it after the way he played yesterday. Don't like it, prove him wrong.

When I first heard about LeBron saying Biyombo played good "at home" I thought people were reading too much into LeBron complimenting a guy after a good game. But watching the actual press conference... it definitely felt like a little jab the way he used the phrase "at home" more than once.

LeBron is hardly the first NBA player to throw a little jab at an opponent after a good game. And it was accompanied by what seemed to be him genuinely giving credit to the Raptors for playing well and getting the win... so using it as a reason to call LeBron a "dick" or not like him is a little dramatic imo, but whatever.

Other than public perception the only harm that comment could have done was light a fire under Biyombo to play well on the road... but that doesn't seem to be an issue. For all I know the comment got to BB8 and contributed to his play yesterday.

If it was Pop or Phil Jackson or Belichick that did that... people would be calling it the genius move of a master mind.
dumbass Casey said the SAME THING in his post-game last night. so give me a break.

pretty ridiculous for a bench player on a 1 year contract to act like that though in my estimation....but- he if he plays that way- good for him- let him do all the finger wagging he wants....its still gonna result in him taking a fishing trip sometime soon.

in 9 road playoff games this season Biyombo has ZERO double doubles. Love has 4 in 6 road games- including over 20 points in 3 games. Not even a comparison.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty cool of Lowry...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dumbass Casey said the SAME THING in his post-game last night. so give me a break.

pretty ridiculous for a bench player on a 1 year contract to act like that though in my estimation....but- he if he plays that way- good for him- let him do all the finger wagging he wants....its still gonna result in him taking a fishing trip sometime soon.

in 9 road playoff games this season Biyombo has ZERO double doubles. Love has 4 in 6 road games- including over 20 points in 3 games. Not even a comparison.

If Raptors are fishing on Saturday, their season will be deemed successful.
If Cavs beat them , then lose in the Finals, then their season is a BUST.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Raptors are fishing on Saturday, their season will be deemed successful.
If Cavs beat them , then lose in the Finals, then their season is a BUST.
dumbest thing i have ever heard.

IF the Patriots lose in the AFC Championship game and the Browns win 7 games instead of winning 4- the PATRIOTS HAD THE BETTER SEASON NO IF ANDS OR BUTS...its not even debatable. Anything else would be completely and totally asinine.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IF the Patriots lose in the AFC Championship game and the Browns win 7 games instead of winning 4- the PATRIOTS HAD THE BETTER SEASON NO IF ANDS OR BUTS...its not even debatable. Anything else would be completely and totally asinine.

Its about expectations. It really makes no sense to debate with you. We have different views. That's life

If as a team, you expect to win a title and you fall short. Your season is a bust as you did not accomplish what you wanted to.

If as a team your expectations was to make the playoffs and make it to the 2nd round then you end up making the conference finals. You just had a successful year based on your expectations back in preseason.

I think the better word is really the wrong wording here.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True, but if the Browns won 1 playoff game after all of the years of struggle, fans would call that season a success.
Assuming the Pats are whole and healthy, them losing in the AFC championship would not be a better season.

What you don't seem to grasp about the Cavs is, that unfortunately, they are pretty much penciled in to the Finals before the season starts these last 2 years.
Getting to the Finals is an accomplishment, but hardly anything unexpected.
Win the last 4.
ZERO excuses accepted this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.