• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Final - Sens vs Pens

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we didn't discuss off-ice stuff well we'd be pretty boring hockey fans.

If my team's playoff tickets, let alone conference final tickets, were going for $100 I'd buy a wheel-barrow full of them.

I never implied anything was a "really important thing". I just posted something because it pegs to a topic that was pretty big news in the NHL just a few weeks ago. Not sure how I was being hypocritical in any way shape or form, or implying anything about the Senators.

I think we're fortunate you're not a Panthers or Coyotes fan.

Ahh. If tickets cost this much I'd buy.. blah blah blah. So what's the magic number so I can bring it up next time you move the goal posts again?

If you can't see that criticizing low ticket sales when you don't buy tickets yourself is just a tad hypocritical then I can't really even carry on a discussion with you. You really can't make that connection?

As for my reaction to your posts? When all you do in this thread is take petty pot shots I'm going to respond.

For example if I showed up in Leafs thread and just posted box scores of their losses and a hilarious whistling emoji, I'd like to think you or BGDave or someone would probably call me an ass and rightfully so.

I don't do that because I kind of considering it trolling. But to each his own I guess.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need the Yotes to get good and go to a Cup Final against the Penguins specifically so I have a chance to go to a Stanley Cup Final game. I'm poor, but even the SCF would be cheap in Glendale, and I live in Arizona, so going to a game at PPG is basically impossible.

Come on, NHL, you own the Yotes. You can rig something for me, right?

If the Yotes make the Finals next year (against anyone, not just the flightless fowl) I will buy your tickets.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh. If tickets cost this much I'd buy.. blah blah blah. So what's the magic number so I can bring it up next time you move the goal posts again?

If you can't see that criticizing low ticket sales when you don't buy tickets yourself is just a tad hypocritical then I can't really even carry on a discussion with you. You really can't make that connection?

As for my reaction to your posts? When all you do in this thread is take petty pot shots I'm going to respond.

For example if I showed up in Leafs thread and just posted box scores of their losses and a hilarious whistling emoji, I'd like to think you or BGDave or someone would probably call me an ass and rightfully so.

I don't do that because I kind of considering it trolling. But to each his own I guess.

Won't be me. I would already be into my Jameson's and I don't drunk post. :D

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think a SportsHoopla get together in Vegas to see a Golden Knights game would be a fantastic outing.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also on the attendance issue, Melnyk needs to STFU with his whining. Until game 5 no NHL team had sold more playoff tickets than Ottawa and this guy who keeps an internal budget is whingeing.

If he wants better attendance he needs to put his money where his mouth is. He has a team that at worst will end up 2 games short of the SCF. That team will be adding two of the best prospects in hockey next year in White and Chabot. They have cap space too.

Melnyk needs to open his bank account like he has said he would once the team was a contender. If not he needs to close his booze hole.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The ticket price difference between Leafs and Sens is ginormous. The only way that would be hypocritical is if Leaf tickets were as ridiculously cheap as Sens tickets, which they aren't.

Here's a list of what I've posted in here:

http://sportshoop.la/search/19624242/

Mind telling me where the hell I took anything resembling a petty pot shot at the Sens here?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ticket price difference between Leafs and Sens is ginormous. The only way that would be hypocritical is if Leaf tickets were as ridiculously cheap as Sens tickets, which they aren't.

Here's a list of what I've posted in here:

http://sportshoop.la/search/19624242/

Mind telling me where the hell I took anything resembling a petty pot shot at the Sens here?

1. You can say that the price is too expensive for you. Isn't that what people are saying in Ottawa? The number is only kind of relevant. You saying you WOULD have shelled out is pretty irrelevant. You didn't. You can say you would have all you want. It doesn't mean much.

2. That link just brings up an error.

As I posted above. Ottawa has sold more playoff tickets than any NHL team not named Pittsburgh this year. It looks like 2 games out out of 9 so far will not be sellouts. Less than ideal sales brought on by weird economic situations for almost 100,000 people, a shitty location and an equally shitty owner, but not really anything worth harping on when there is an ECF elimination game being played in a few hours.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. You can say that the price is too expensive for you. Isn't that what people are saying in Ottawa? The number is only kind of relevant. You saying you WOULD have shelled out is pretty irrelevant. You didn't. You can say you would have all you want. It doesn't mean much.

2. That link just brings up an error.

As I posted above. Ottawa has sold more playoff tickets than any NHL team not named Pittsburgh this year. It looks like 2 games out out of 9 so far will not be sellouts. Less than ideal sales brought on by weird economic situations for almost 100,000 people, a shitty location and an equally shitty owner, but not really anything worth harping on when there is an ECF elimination game being played in a few hours.

Your point is taken, but it's curious to me that it's happening with an elimination game. I know it's a week night, but it could be their last chance to see the team this year. Having a not-sellout at some point in the playoffs is no big deal, it's just weird that tonight is when it's happening. Did the team's game five performance turn everyone off the team suddenly, or is this just a perfect storm of circumstances?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your point is taken, but it's curious to me that it's happening with an elimination game. I know it's a week night, but it could be their last chance to see the team this year. Having a not-sellout at some point in the playoffs is no big deal, it's just weird that tonight is when it's happening. Did the team's game five performance turn everyone off the team suddenly, or is this just a perfect storm of circumstances?

Definitely weird. I'm a bit surprised. I think there is some blow back from game 5, which is pathetic really.

A few things to note though. Ottawa has become much more of a walk-up team, so this game might get close to a sellout or even sellout by game time.

There is resentment towards Melnyk that has been building for some time. Like I said he needs to stop being a crazy cheap bastard who whines all the time.

There is some fatigue. Ottawa has been to the playoffs regularly and people are getting tired of...

... the last issue. The location. Until I moved away in 2005 I went to every single Sens playoff game in their history. And I gotta tell ya, getting to and from that area is a grind. People are probable choosing to clean up their flooded houses rather than fight traffic out to the game.

So yeah a perfect storm of underlying issues and a shitty game 5 are leading to what might end up as poor sales (may not even be an issue by game time).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely weird. I'm a bit surprised. I think there is some blow back from game 5, which is pathetic really.

A few things to note though. Ottawa has become much more of a walk-up team, so this game might get close to a sellout or even sellout by game time.

There is resentment towards Melnyk that has been building for some time. Like I said he needs to stop being a crazy cheap bastard who whines all the time.

There is some fatigue. Ottawa has been to the playoffs regularly and people are getting tired of...

... the last issue. The location. Until I moved away in 2005 I went to every single Sens playoff game in their history. And I gotta tell ya, getting to and from that area is a grind. People are probable choosing to clean up their flooded houses rather than fight traffic out to the game.

So yeah a perfect storm of underlying issues and a shitty game 5 are leading to what might end up as poor sales (may not even be an issue by game time).

Sens' fans are obviously far less risk averse than I am, then, if it's a walk-up team. Even going to an event I have no reason to suspect will sell out, I can't get my tickets at the gate for fear they'll be sold out by the time I get there.

For Arizona softball playoff and rivalry games, that's essential. The regional sold out for Friday and Saturday this past weekend by Wednesday, and the tickets only went on sale Monday at 6. For Arizona baseball and Diamondbacks games, it's not a concern at all, but I still reserve in advance.

(That actually paid off when I went to the Pens game in Phoenix. Lots of Pens transplants, and it was a sellout in the upper levels, which were the only seats I could afford.)

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's imperative that the Sens score the first goal of tonight's game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NostraDarkstone predicts that if the Penguins score more goals than the Senators tonight, the former will play in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Last edited:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NostraDarkstone predicts that if the Penguins score more goals than the Senators tonight, the former will play in teh Stanley Cup Finals.

He%20s%20right%20you%20know...%20in%20b4%20morgan%20freeman%20meme%20_b48abe3e7827cd066915c3e45c64f3ae.jpg

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably more imperative that they score any goal - cannot win a game when you get shutout (regular season notwithstanding). Unless you have a team filled with grit and intangibles. It doesn't hurt to grease the skids and send some coin the officials way either.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably more imperative that they score any goal - cannot win a game when you get shutout (regular season notwithstanding). Unless you have a team filled with grit and intangibles. It doesn't hurt to grease the skids and send some coin the officials way either.

Hey esls, this isn't Serie 'A' or the ATP tour?