• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GNT | Sens @ Pens | 2.13.13

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel bad for Karlsson, but there was nothing unusual or malicious about that play.

In open ice, that's called a slew foot and gets a Shanaban.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neil waited far too long.
guess he kind of had to wait until he game was out of reach-ish.... but if he did it next shift, he had a better shot of Cooke not thinking he could get out of the game scott free.
These teams don't meet until April. the time was now.

Yeah, he probably did wait too long. If Neil wanted Cooke to answer for it, he should have went after him right off the hop of the 3rd.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game from the Pens. Sid is just so damn efficient, 3 points and it looks so easy.

Ottawa has had terrible injury luck, it's really too bad. Hope 65 has a speedy recovery.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly debatable that was a slewfoot.

So what is your definition of "slew foot" besides "something no Penguin does"?

He put his knee in Karlsson's backside and pushed forward with his leg.

Warning: Karlsson's reaction is hard to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is your definition of "slew foot" besides "something no Penguin does"?

He put his knee in Karlsson's backside and pushed forward with his leg.

Cooke's knee was in Karlsson's ass, and the skate came down on Karlsson's leg after they both hit the boards.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Senators make the playoffs now, Mr. Anderson should win the Hart no questions asked.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooke's knee was in Karlsson's ass, and the skate came down on Karlsson's leg after they both hit the boards.

Angle in the video says otherwise. Cooke was pushing him forward before they hit the boards.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angle in the video says otherwise. Cooke was pushing him forward before they hit the boards.

The angle show's Cooke's knee pushing on his behind, if that is a slew foot that is news to me.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The angle show's Cooke's knee pushing on his behind, if that is a slew foot that is news to me.

Well, it stopped being a slew foot when they hit the boards and Cooke's foot nearly chopped the back of Karlsson's foot off.

You HONESTLY think that if the boards aren't there that it ISN'T a slew foot?

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Sens fans are upset, but basically every analyst has agreed that Cooke and Karlsson were just fighting for leverage going into the boards. If that's a slewfoot than 50% of board battles are.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I know Sens fans are upset, but basically every analyst has agreed that Cooke and Karlsson were just fighting for leverage going into the boards. If that's a slewfoot than 50% of board battles are.

that's why I called it a half slewfoot.

it's become kind of common practice to ride a guy into the boards like that.
but if you are pushing a guy's legs from behind, to me that's a slewfoot no matter where it is on the ice.

I also mentioned it's not a Matt Cooke special, but i just hate that play, and hate that it doesn't get called.
it's dangerous, aside from the possibility of a cut. the guy getting checked can't get his feet aimed properly, and has a high potential of running his knee into the boards at a bad angle. hate it. hate it. hate it.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it stopped being a slew foot when they hit the boards and Cooke's foot nearly chopped the back of Karlsson's foot off.

You HONESTLY think that if the boards aren't there that it ISN'T a slew foot?

Open ice I could buy it, but it wasn't.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but if you are pushing a guy's legs from behind, to me that's a slewfoot no matter where it is on the ice.

I also mentioned it's not a Matt Cooke special, but i just hate that play, and hate that it doesn't get called.
it's dangerous, aside from the possibility of a cut. the guy getting checked can't get his feet aimed properly, and has a high potential of running his knee into the boards at a bad angle. hate it. hate it. hate it.

Maybe Shanahan will realize just how dangerous this play is and set a precedent - I mean other than Raffi Torres doing it, no better person to set an example of than Matt Cooke. I haven't seen the play, but lifting a skate to use for leverage should be snuffed out as it leads to serious injury, just like headshots, checking from behind, etc.

I'm not saying Cooke deserves anything, but perhaps it could play out like this.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I actually think this was a freak accident, but you're right, it's an awkward play, and probably more risky to knees than anything else.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please. There's zero intent in that play. Cooke's not some saint, but come on.

Hope Karlsson is a speedy recovery.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no reason for Cooke to lift his leg as he's going in.

He tried to knee a guy, which is dangerous, and a guy got hurt. Surprise, sur-fucking-prise.

Is it a coincidence that these things happen with Cooke? NO. Is it a surprise that they often involve the star player on the other team? NO.

He's a fucking coward who cheapshots players who are better than him. This trend won't change. The next time a two-bit pest injures Sid or Geno, I want no whining from Pens management. If you employ these types of players you are condoning attacks on star players.

I Just wish Neil hadn't showed as much restraint. Unlike Cooke HE'S never been suspended, ie. he's a real hockey player.