• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 11 Preview Tidbits

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys. Was busy Wednesday so these are a day late. (Minus TEN @ JAX.)

IND @ ATL
  • Indianapolis is 0-6 versus NFC South teams since the beginning of 2011 (39-28 against all other teams).
  • The Falcons are averaging 29.8 points per game at home this season -- fourth highest of any NFL club.
  • Matt Hasselbeck is 2-0 with a 95.0 rating (3 TD, 0 INT) in two starts this season for the Colts.
  • Julio Jones' 358 catches since entering the league in 2011 are most of any player in NFL history through 58 career games.
  • The Falcons have scored 24 points in the two-minute offense this season -- second most in the league (Giants -- 27). The Colts are one of four teams yet to record a single point in the two-minute offense in 2015 (Chiefs, Titans and 49ers are the others).

STL @ BAL
  • All nine of the Ravens' games have been decided by eight points or fewer.
  • After losing the first 8 starts of his career in 2013, Case Keenum won his only two starts last season, the first of which came against Baltimore on December 21, 2014.
  • Joe Flacco is 13-1 in his career when facing NFC opponents at home.

WSH @ CAR
  • Nine of the 11 matchups in the series have been decided by single digits, and seven of the 11 have been decided by three points or fewer.
  • The Panthers have scored at least 27 points in seven straight games, tying the longest streak in franchise history (2008).
  • Last week, Cam Newton had a passing touchdown and a rushing touchdown, the 30th time he has had both in a game, one behind Steve Young's NFL-record 31.

DEN @ CHI
  • The all-time series between the two teams is deadlocked at seven wins apiece. Dating back to 1990, three of the last six meetings have gone to overtime, including the last two matchups.
  • Last week Peyton Manning became the first quarterback to post a 0.0 passer rating in a game with at least 20 passing attempts since Jeff Garcia with the Browns on September 19, 2004 at Dallas.

OAK @ DET
  • New Lions president said, "I would probably say I'm not qualified to run any other NFL team, but I would say I'm qualified to run this one."
  • Then followed that gem up with, "Matt Stafford is on his fantasy team." (Which might not be good since Stafford is ranked 18.)
  • The Lions are averaging just 66.9 rush yards per game in 2015, on pace for their second-lowest total in franchise history (lowest is 42.5 rush yards per game in 1946).
  • The Raiders became the first team since the Saints in 2012 (December 23/30) to allow a 200-yard rusher or receiver in back-to-back games. No team in NFL history has allowed a 200-yard receiver or rusher in three straight games.
  • Derek Carr became the first Raiders' quarterback since Carson Palmer in 2012 to throw for 300 or more yards in three straight games.
  • Calvin Johnson is averaging 99.0 receiving yards per game at home this season, the fourth-highest average in the NFL.
  • Amari Cooper passed Tim Brown (725 yards) for second-all-time in receiving yards by a Raiders' rookie. Cooper needs just 40 yards to pass James Jett (771) for most all-time by a Raiders' rookie.

NYJ @ HOU
  • The Texans have now allowed fewer than seven points in back-to-back games in a single season for just the second time in franchise history.
  • The Jets have allowed at least 30 points in back-to-back road games for the third time since the beginning of last season.

DAL @ MIA
  • The Dolphins haven't defeated the Cowboys anywhere since 2003, and haven't defeated them in Miami since 1984.
  • Tony Romo and Dez Bryant have combined for 49 touchdown passes, tied for the most in franchise history with Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin. For comparisons sake, Romo and Bryant have played 68 games together while Aikman and Irvin played 128 games together.
  • Lamar Miller has scored a touchdown in five straight games. Miller is one game shy of tying the franchise record of 6.

TB @ PHI

• The 10 points scored by Tampa Bay in its win were the fewest it has scored in a win since Week 13 of 2005, when it won 10-3 at New Orleans.
  • The Buccaneers have just three rushing touchdowns in their last four games, and all three have come from rookie quarterback Jameis Winston.
  • In the eight games DeMarco Murray has played with Philadelphia this season, the Eagles are 3-0 when Murray rushes for 70+ yards and 0-5 when he fails to get to 70 yards rushing.

KC @ SD
  • Antonio Gates has caught at least one touchdown pass in each of his last five home games versus the Chiefs.
  • Alex Smith has not thrown an interception since Week 3. His 228 pass attempts without an interception is the longest active streak in the NFL.

GB @ MIN
  • Last week vs Detroit, Aaron Rodgers passed for 333 yards and a pair of fourth-quarter touchdowns, but completed only 57.4 percent of his passes.
  • After averaging 3.9 yards per rush and 79.7 rushing yards per game in October, Adrian Peterson has been torrid in November, to the tune of 5.7 yards per carry and 143.7 yards per game.

SF @ SEA
  • The 49ers are 0-2-1 coming off their bye week over the past three seasons.
  • In the three regular-season wins, Seattle has limited the 49ers to one total touchdown scored, and averages of 4.3 points, 183.7 total yards, and 95.3 net pass yards per game.
  • Blaine Gabbert will be looking to win back-to-back starts for the first time in his career on Sunday.

CIN @ ARZ
  • The Cardinals are 18-7 since the beginning of 2014 -- tied with the Packers for the best mark of any NFC club.
  • Andy Dalton has led the Bengals to a mark of 13-3-1 (.794) in 17 career starts versus NFC teams -- the best winning percentage of any team in the league against the NFC since 2011.
  • Carson Palmer is 8-1 and averaging 315 yards through the air in nine games versus AFC teams since joining the Cardinals in 2013.
  • The Bengals have allowed exactly 10 points in each of their last three games.

BUF @ NE
  • Buffalo has allowed fewer than 20 points on five different occasions in 2015 -- most in the AFC, and tied for second most in the league overall.
  • New England has scored at least 27 points in all nine games this season.
  • LeSean McCoy is looking to record his third consecutive 100+ yard rushing performances for the first time in his NFL career this Monday night.
  • Rob Gronkowski has four career games with 100+ yards receiving against the Bills.
  • The Bills have dropped just eight catchable passes in 2015 -- tied for third fewest in the NFL. New England has 18 drops this season (tied for fifth most in the league).

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the new Lions dude really say that? :pound::pound::pound:

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Lions president said, "I would probably say I'm not qualified to run any other NFL team, but I would say I'm qualified to run this one."

I really hope you're joking :L

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonderful stuff Joe - below fact stuck with me. ... think that is about when T traded for him ...
  • After averaging 3.9 yards per rush and 79.7 rushing yards per game in October, Adrian Peterson has been torrid in November, to the tune of 5.7 yards per carry and 143.7 yards per game.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonderful stuff Joe - below fact stuck with me. ... think that is about when T traded for him ...
I feel your pain, Lefty.
Since I traded McCoy to TKO, he's been on a similar tear:
LeSean McCoy is looking to record his third consecutive 100+ yard rushing performances for the first time in his NFL career this Monday night.