• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Final - Sens vs Pens

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I can post youtubes of various Marchand antics, you'll respond with some Malkin shots, maybe I'll post Alfie on Tucker... but you're not going to find me celebrating a player getting injured.

Indeed you can. Marchand is a DB with his crap. I agree.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you did not but you preference your reply with Legal or not.

The hit Cooke delivered on Savard was legal then.

The cheap shot that Ulf did was legal then.

Mario whined about this kinda of stuff all the time yet employed Cooke. Fuck him.

That still isn't relevant to what Dacks was commenting on, except barely tangentially, maybe.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That still isn't relevant to what Dacks was commenting on, except barely tangentially.

Seriously? Crosby is known to be cheap. Malkin is the biggest tough guy in the league when 3 players and a ref is in between him and another player. I understand that I am a Bruins homer you dont get that you cant see the BS on your team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Crosby is known to be cheap. Malkin is the biggest tough guy in the league when 3 players and a ref is in between him and another player. I understand that I am a Bruins homer you dont get that you cant see the BS on your team.

That's not the point. Dacks commented on the fact that Ryan could have avoided the hit, sure, but his main point was that it was in poor taste to celebrate a player getting a brain injury. Who the Penguins have employed and what they've done is entirely irrelevant to that argument.

I fully acknowledge the things the Pens do wrong. I also fully realize they're completely immaterial to this specific discussion.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you did not but you preference your reply with Legal or not.

The hit Cooke delivered on Savard was legal then.

The cheap shot that Ulf did was legal then.

Mario whined about this kinda of stuff all the time yet employed Cooke. Fuck him.

Last time I checked, I'm not Mario.

You'll find that most of the Pens fans on this board were not big fans of Cooke. I've also argued that Malkin should have been suspended for his headshot against a Winnipeg player, either here or on HFBoards. I'm not a fan of dirty play generally, but know that most teams including mine cross the line during games. It's celebrating injuries as a fan that I find a bit gross.

Honestly, i would understand celebrating Cooke getting headshotted. I wouldn't do it, but would understand. But Chad Ruhwedel? Why? That's just taking team fanaticism a bit far. I mean, Sens have already knocked out three players, the power plays are pretty even, there are demonstrable borderline plays by both teams; it just seems a bit much.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you post a video of a marginal hit at best and cry that your guy got hurt you open the gate to what Pens players have done to others that are far more serious than that hit.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But I don't deny those things, and I didn't celebrate Methot's injury.

It's really the bolded part that is my point, so I'm not sure there's much more value in you bringing up unrelated points that I don't even disagree with.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, think about it for a minute. I don't remember any particular dirty plays Ruhwedel has done, but are you honestly celebrating someone getting a concussion? Knowing what we do about the potential effects on quality of life? I mean, hockey is exciting and all, but laughing at a headshot, saying "Good"... I just gotta shake my head.

Legal or not, and I'm not sure it is, Ryan can easily play the puck, maybe even generate an offensive chance, but goes in for a headshot on a very vulnerable player. Seems like a pretty vindictive thing to wish on somebody, as a fan.

I celebrated him getting hit. Not a concussion. He deserved to get hit. He put himself in that position by trying to cheat.

I'm sorry he got a concussion. That sucks. I've had them. It's awful.

But gimme a break that Ryan went in for a headshot. He went in to the corner and separated a player who was reaching for the puck from the puck.

SO piss off with your righteous crap and remember that the only reason that play played out the way it did is because Ruhwedel thought it was a good idea to try to fool the refs and pretend he was injured.

I'm genuinely sorry he got a concussion but he deserved to get hit for acting like an idiot. Hopefully he gets well soon.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, think about it for a minute. I don't remember any particular dirty plays Ruhwedel has done, but are you honestly celebrating someone getting a concussion? Knowing what we do about the potential effects on quality of life? I mean, hockey is exciting and all, but laughing at a headshot, saying "Good"... I just gotta shake my head.

Legal or not, and I'm not sure it is, Ryan can easily play the puck, maybe even generate an offensive chance, but goes in for a headshot on a very vulnerable player. Seems like a pretty vindictive thing to wish on somebody, as a fan.

And anyone who knows anything about hockey knows there is nothing controversial about that hit. Ruhwedel touches the puck less than 0.3 seconds before he gets hit. Ryan has every right to hit him.

Is Ryan being aggressive? Maybe more than was called for? Perhaps. That's what happens when your captain and best player gets speared twice moments earlier with no call. And it results in a goal.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What angle did you see that he didn't get hit in the face? Because the stick got really freaking close to it, and hard, and he was cut on the nose, and I'm not sure that hit was a mechanism by which that cut would happen.

Did they show a reverse angle at some point? I missed it if they did. Watching the clip now, he was already holding his face when they cut to the reverse angle.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides, he reached for his face tens of feet before he got to the corner, then he played the puck, but it got away from him and he lost his balance. He wasn't in that position because he reached for his face. He was in that position because he went into the boards hard in the race for the puck and lost his balance.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck off with your Penguin hate. Every team has shitheads. You're like a broken record. Give it a rest.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What angle did you see that he didn't get hit in the face? Because the stick got really freaking close to it, and hard, and he was cut on the nose, and I'm not sure that hit was a mechanism by which that cut would happen.

Did they show a reverse angle at some point? I missed it if they did. Watching the clip now, he was already holding his face when they cut to the reverse angle.

They showed it on CBC from various angles. If he got hit I couldn't see it. Very weird. I think he got cut when he was hit by Ryan but it could have been by a stick. It just looks, from every angle I've seen, that it misses him.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides, he reached for his face tens of feet before he got to the corner, then he played the puck, but it got away from him and he lost his balance. He wasn't in that position because he reached for his face. He was in that position because he went into the boards hard in the race for the puck and lost his balance.

If was faking he could have chipped the puck easily around the boards instead of grabbing his face. The puck would have been long gone if he just played hockey.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They showed it on CBC from various angles. If he got hit I couldn't see it. Very weird. I think he got cut when he was hit by Ryan but it could have been by a stick. It just looks, from every angle I've seen, that it misses him.

The live angle the stick stopped pretty suddenly when it got to face level. And it was moving on its way up. The cut is right on his nose where the stick would have hit him had it made contact, too.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reverse angle shot I can see that starts early enough, one of the supports for the glass (I'm sure they have a name) is in the way at the exact moment the high stick would have occurred.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck off with your Penguin hate. Every team has shitheads. You're like a broken record. Give it a rest.

LMFAO is the really the best you got? BTW he basically was suspended forever. Cooke on the other hand went on to ruin more players.