• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

East vs. West...

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Monday, so here is the East vs West update:
East 80-80 West 80-80

Top 8
East 55-36 West 55-33

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mention the Jazz or the Mavs, did I?

I said that the Rockets and the Nuggets wouldn't make it to the East playoffs and yes, I'm serious... They wouldn't!

Don't be confused by their rankings... They are mismatched on bigs (the Nuggets) and on guards (the Rockets) and are collecting wins against the teams they are mismatched against...

The Nets as they are now, without AD, still "have" them both... Both will be early exits in the West playoffs, like they were last season.
The Rockets and Nuggets would absolutely make the playoffs in the East, not even a question about it.
You say they are mismatched, but if that is true it is as true in the West as it is in the East.
You are seriously delusional about the abilities of the East and the West.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rockets and Nuggets would absolutely make the playoffs in the East, not even a question about it.
You say they are mismatched, but if that is true it is as true in the West as it is in the East.
You are seriously delusional about the abilities of the East and the West.
I don't see any roster handicaps on any of the East teams, other than the Nets on a PF and the Magic on an additional guard... Can you point which teams in the East are with a "hole" in their roster?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any roster handicaps on any of the East teams, other than the Nets on a PF and the Magic on an additional guard... Can you point which teams in the East are with a "hole" in their roster?
I assume by hope you mean packing in one of the traditional positions. Basketball ain't necessarily like that these days.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume by hope you mean packing in one of the traditional positions. Basketball ain't necessarily like that these days.

Please explain to me... "how is basketball" these days? Aren't coaches looking to get a mismatch in some position(s) and take advantage of it(or them), anymore?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please explain to me... "how is basketball" these days? Aren't coaches looking to get a mismatch in some position(s) and take advantage of it(or them), anymore?
Certainly, but the standard center is almost obsolete and the 3-point shot emphasized as is having driving guards that can get fouled and/or make the shot for a 3-point play.

but you already know all this, you are just reaching for any excuse to try and make the East look better than the West for some reason, even though all the data show otherwise (so far).

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...but you already know all this...

Do I?

Back to the subject then.. I was saying that the Rockets and the Nuggets have a good playoff spot in the West, because they are mismatched in certain positions with many of the other West teams...

In the East, this wouldn't happen, because most of the East teams rosters have no "holes" in their notation... Yes, Nets (as they are now - without AD), would "have them" both for ...breakfast!

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I?

Back to the subject then.. I was saying that the Rockets and the Nuggets have a good playoff spot in the West, because they are mismatched in certain positions with many of the other West teams...

In the East, this wouldn't happen, because most of the East teams rosters have no "holes" in their notation... Yes, Nets (as they are now - without AD), would "have them" both for ...breakfast!
Well then, I guess you do understand and are just wrong.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How am I supposed to be wrong? The recent 0-4 of the Lakers (which may become 0-5 next) which are leading the West, only proves me spot on right...

I mean if the leading team of the West is so bad, imagine what level the rest are at...

Last edited:

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I?

I'll just leave this here:
Nets 98,
Rockets 108

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just leave this here:
Nets 98,
Rockets 108
So what?

...and the Knicks have swapped the Mavs out, in both the games have had against... Does it mean that the Knicks are better than the Mavs?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what?

...and the Knicks have swapped the Mavs out, in both the games have had against... Does it mean that the Knicks are better than the Mavs?
You were saying the Nets would have the Rockets for breakfast. This shows how clearly you are wrong get again.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were saying the Nets would have the Rockets for breakfast. This shows how clearly you are wrong yet (I've corrected the obvious typo) again.

In a playoff series yes... I was saying that and it is what would happen... Never the less, the Nets have their place secured in the playoffs and can't get on a higher, or a lower seeding...

Therefore it's good time for them to experiment on matches since they have nothing to lose or gain...

The Rockets OTOH, are trying all they can to climb on the 3rd seeding of the West and if they could achieve it (no chance IMO), their chances of maybe not being disqualified from the 1st round, will increase by a good margin...

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a playoff series yes... I was saying that and it is what would happen... Never the less, the Nets have their place secured in the playoffs and can't get on a higher, or a lower seeding...

Therefore it's good time for them to experiment on matches since they have nothing to lose or gain...

The Rockets OTOH, are trying all they can to climb on the 3rd seeding of the West and if they could achieve it (no chance IMO), their chances of maybe not being disqualified from the 1st round, will increase by a good margin...
What find excuses for being proven wrong get again.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What find excuses for being proven wrong get again.

But I'm wrong... The Nets are a better team and are playing without their best player on Irving.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I'm wrong... The Nets are a better team and are playing without their best player on Irving.
At least you finally admit you are wrong. Realizing that is the first step....

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you finally admit you are wrong. Realizing that is the first step....

I should have write it like "I'm wrong" for you to understand the irony better... You should really reconsider the logic you use in order to support an argument as I always do... But then I only provide true facts when in a conversation and the facts here are that the Nets can't miss the playoffs, they can't go higher in the ranking and they are playing without Irving...

To all this undeniable, you had nothing different to reply on the subject, but instead, you replied a bold "you are wrong"...

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have write it like "I'm wrong" for you to understand the irony better... You should really reconsider the logic you use in order to support an argument as I always do... But then I only provide true facts when in a conversation and the facts here are that the Nets can't miss the playoffs, they can't go higher in the ranking and they are playing without Irving...

To all this undeniable, you had nothing different to reply on the subject, but instead, you replied a bold "you are wrong"...
You are moving the goalposts for your convenience. Your point was that the Rockets wouldn't make the playoffs in the East and the Nets would eat them for breakfast. You were proven wrong, just as th have been for nearly every prediction you have ever made on this site.

Now changing it to The nets can't miss the playoffs makes your previous statements no more right but allows you the delusion of believing in yourself.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are moving the goalposts for your convenience. Your point was that the Rockets wouldn't make the playoffs in the East and the Nets would eat them for breakfast. You were proven wrong, just as th have been for nearly every prediction you have ever made on this site.

Now changing it to The Nets can't miss the playoffs makes your previous statements no more right but allows you the delusion of believing in yourself.

What are you talking about? This is outer nonsense...

The Nets are the team a Western team would have to overcome, if they were to make the playoffs in the East...

They therefore are the "measuring team"... The Nets are playing without their best player on Irving and therefore a close loss on a competitive game, (which was competitive only because of Irving's absense), proves nothing...

The Nets have both the Nuggets and the Rockets for breakfast...