• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

East vs. West...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the top eight teams now have even records at 49-31 in both conferences. Sheer domination!

Not sure why the Western teams even bother to show up for the games.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not anymore...
Right, since they've played more games now, of course it is not the same.
It is now a complete blow out for the East with the top 8 being 53-34 while the West top eight at 52-35.
Complete domination by the top of the East.

The whole conference is even at 77-77.
So, so weak, West.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is now a complete blow out for the East with the top 8 being 53-34 while the West top eight at 52-35.

So, so weak, West.

if nothing else, the guy's troll trash is hilarious...

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, so weak, West.
Why you take the top-8 and not the Top-6? The bottom playoff seeds are negative in both rankings and the only positions that are still "open" and may change (again in both conferences)...

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why you take the top-8 and not the Top-6? The bottom playoff seeds are negative in both rankings and the only positions that are still "open" and may change (again in both conferences)...
Because the top 8 go to the playoffs

but if you want top 6, it doesn't help your case,

East 42-21 West 45-23

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the top 8 go to the playoffs

but if you want top 6, it doesn't help your case,

East 42-21 West 45-23

I mean top-6 against top-6 man... The West has had much easier schedule having their best teams playing against mediocre East teams (and then mostly at home)...

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean top-6 against top-6 man... The West has had much easier schedule having their best teams playing against mediocre East teams (and then mostly at home)...
Way too much work to go through and pick those out. This is the true measure of how the conferences are playing each other.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too much work to go through and pick those out. This is the true measure of how the conferences are playing each other.
Yeah, I agree it's too much work, but it is the only real measure of which conference has better teams than the other...

Look at the Bucks for instance... They've had 2 games against the Clips, another 2 against the Heat and one against the Rockets, the Lakers and the Mavs and are 5-2 against those teams... Now check out the Lakers who are at their respective position leading the West...

I think you will find that most of the East teams are doing better than their respective position team in the West against equally positioned rivals, which then leads to the easy conclusion that the East is stronger.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree it's too much work, but it is the only real measure of which conference has better teams than the other...

Look at the Bucks for instance... They've had 2 games against the Clips, another 2 against the Heat and one against the Rockets, the Lakers and the Mavs and are 5-2 against those teams... Now check out the Lakers who are at their respective position leading the West...

I think you will find that most of the East teams are doing better than their respective position team in the West against equally positioned rivals, which then leads to the easy conclusion that the East is stronger.
But that is not entirely accurate either since it is so few games. Just look at the Pacers/lakers game this week; do you really believe that the pacers are better than the Lakers because they won that one game. It is better to look at the record as a whole, and we won't know the East-West balance until season's end. And in the long run it is completely irrelevant since the East and West will only have one team each that play each other when it really matters.

And no, the East is not better. They are actually even and that, with the past couple decades, is huge progress for the East (but of course it is due to the Warriors being decimated and the slippage of the Spurs--but then the Nets will get better as well).

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that is not entirely accurate either since it is so few games. Just look at the Pacers/lakers game this week; do you really believe that the pacers are better than the Lakers because they won that one game. It is better to look at the record as a whole, and we won't know the East-West balance until season's end. And in the long run it is completely irrelevant since the East and West will only have one team each that play each other when it really matters.

And no, the East is not better. They are actually even and that, with the past couple decades, is huge progress for the East (but of course it is due to the Warriors being decimated and the slippage of the Spurs--but then the Nets will get better as well).

been telling that clown it's been about even for most of the season. but admitting that wouldn't fit his "vastly superior" troll narrative...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize if you just made a level headed post and not gone extreme like so many do (not just you) you could have been credible?

something like, "clearly, the East has caught up to the West this year........"

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I tell you what I think... I think that the Pacers were exactly the same better to win that game, as much as the Lakers were to win the game against the Heat in Miami, or as much the Mavs can beat the Bucks... That makes it fair, don't you think?

Therefore yes, comparing equal rankings between the two conferences and then on games against respective rivals, does give a far more accurate outcome... Especially if the sample then extends to 30 teams and therefore the probability for error decreases to the min. possible...

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell you what I think... I think that the Pacers were exactly the same better to win that game, as much as the Lakers were to win the game against the Heat in Miami, or as much the Mavs can beat the Bucks... That makes it fair, don't you think?

Therefore yes, comparing equal rankings between the two conferences and then on games against respective rivals, does give a far more accurate outcome... Especially if the sample then extends to 30 teams and therefore the probability for error decreases to the min. possible...
So, yes, you're saying we won't know until all the games are played.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, yes, you're saying we won't know until all the games are played.
What I'm saying is this:

1. There are 6 teams in the East that are contending for the championship (I include Indy too because they'll have Olandipo back soon), but only 2 in the West...

2. There are 5 teams in the East if one excludes the NETs who seem to have secured theirs, that are contending for the 8th playoff spot, while in the West, the teams that follow the two LA contenders are no better than the NETs and the teams that are fighting for the two lower playoff spots, would have no chance to make it on the Eastern playoffs.

3. The two contenders in the West, can only be weaker in the future having given away all their picks and assets and only The Mavs, the Heat and the Thunder have the means to step up and contend in the near future... In the East, the title contenders are predicted to be 7 next season (with the addition of KD to the NETs) and all the other teams have secured their progress and will be stepping up further.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I'm saying is this:

1. There are 6 teams in the East that are contending for the championship (I include Indy too because they'll have Olandipo back soon), but only 2 in the West...

2. There are 5 teams in the East if one excludes the NETs who seem to have secured theirs, that are contending for the 8th playoff spot, while in the West, the teams that follow the two LA contenders are no better than the NETs and the teams that are fighting for the two lower playoff spots, would have no chance to make it on the Eastern playoffs.

3. The two contenders in the West, can only be weaker in the future having given away all their picks and assets and only The Mavs, the Heat and the Thunder have the means to step up and contend in the near future... In the East, the title contenders are predicted to be 7 next season (with the addition of KD to the NETs) and all the other teams have secured their progress and will be stepping up further.
You are wrong on all three points.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are wrong on all three points.
why? Where is the mistake?

-Neither the Rockets or the Nuggets are better than the Nets and therefore they are the only two out of the West that could be fighting for the 8th spot in the East.
-Bron is aging and on his descent, the Lakers and the Clips have no picks or assets to trade and KCP's and Green's contracts are "locked" against trade...
It's only the Mavs, the Heat and the Thunder that have the ability to add next to their capable core in the West and step up to a contending level.
- All the East (inc. this year's contenders other than Philly) will be even better next season, both because they have plenty of assets to use and upgrade further, but because they have the talented young core which will be stepping up further.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why? Where is the mistake?

-Neither the Rockets or the Nuggets are better than the Nets and therefore they are the only two out of the West that could be fighting for the 8th spot in the East.
-Bron is aging and on his descent, the Lakers and the Clips have no picks or assets to trade and KCP's and Green's contracts are "locked" against trade...
It's only the Mavs, the Heat and the Thunder that have the ability to add next to their capable core in the West and step up to a contending level.
- All the East (inc. this year's contenders other than Philly) will be even better next season, both because they have plenty of assets to use and upgrade further, but because they have the talented young core which will be stepping up further.

Are you even serious with the Nets? I don't understand how you so overrate talent in only the East. The Nuggets, Rockets, Jazz, and Mavericks are all better than the Nets and would easily be in the playoffs in the East.

Yes, trades could change the ability of teams to compete, but until they happen I am considering teams as they are. And I'm only talking about this season. So many things will change before next season that it doesn't bear debating at this point.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you even serious with the Nets? I don't understand how you so overrate talent in only the East. The Nuggets, Rockets, Jazz, and Mavericks are all better than the Nets and would easily be in the playoffs in the East.

Yes, trades could change the ability of teams to compete, but until they happen I am considering teams as they are. And I'm only talking about this season. So many things will change before next season that it doesn't bear debating at this point.
I didn't mention the Jazz or the Mavs, did I?

I said that the Rockets and the Nuggets wouldn't make it to the East playoffs and yes, I'm serious... They wouldn't!

Don't be confused by their rankings... They are mismatched on bigs (the Nuggets) and on guards (the Rockets) and are collecting wins against the teams they are mismatched against...

The Nets as they are now, without AD, still "have" them both... Both will be early exits in the West playoffs, like they were last season.