• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

East vs. West...

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we find outselves at Monday again and it is time to play East stomps the West.
The numbers as of this week are:
East has 89 wins to the West having 100

The East playoff teams are 59-44 and the West playoff teams are 68-39.

For those following along you can see that the oveall and playoff team balance has shifted from even to favoring the West. But don't fret folks, that schedule favoring the East is surely approaching by now.

There is one consolation prize currently for the East and that is that the top three teams in the East have a better cross-conference record than anyone in the West. This may be relevant since only the champs of each conference will meet when it matters, but I'm not doing the deep dive to see who these wins and losses are against. And let's face it, the Finals series is a completely different animal than 2 regular season games sprinkled randomly through the season.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conference superiority?

Conference homer fans?

Da fuq?

SEC! SEC! SEC!

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-1 for the West again tonight bucky.

I mean this has got to be hella embarrassing for you at this point now

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Monday, so I know that you are all anxiously awaiting the weekly East vs West stats:

Currently it is 117-95 in favor of the West.

East top 8 is 64-51 and West top 8 is 77-41.

And I know last time I gave you some good news for the East with their top 3 looking strong. Well, it seems I messed up my data analysis a little; I had the in confernce record for the East and out of conference for the West. It turns out only the Bucks have a better out of conference record than the West (though Boston is better OOC than Denver in the #2 spot as well). If it is any consolation we do see that the top of the East beats up the East better than the top of the West beats up the East:suds:

Brianscott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The East leads 75-68 and the difference is expected to expand soon as more mediocre West teams are expected to have their East trips...

IMO, the East is so much better than the West this season, that the final record by the end of the season will be near 250-200 in favor of the East...

Two reasons:

1. All teams but the Wizards, the Knicks, the Cavs and the Hawks in the East, are playoffs level teams..

2. Traditional forces of the West on the Spurs, the Warriors, the Blazers and the Thunder, joined the Wolves and the Pelicans path from last season and are no longer threats... As a consequence, mediocre teams like the Nuggets, the Rockets, the Kings and the Suns are competing for a playoff spot in the West, while they would have no chance to hope making the top-8 if they were in the East...

The balance is expected to favor the East even more after Olandipo returns for the Pacers at sometime around the All star game break this season and even expand further in favor of the East next season, when the NETs and the Wizards will have KD and Wall back in action...

Brianscott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the West has the 2 best and deepest teams in the NBA after that its a big advantage to the East. That being said odds are heavy the qest wins the title

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the West has the 2 best and deepest teams in the NBA after that its a big advantage to the East. That being said odds are heavy the qest wins the title
Really? What are you basing this on? Who are these 2 teams that are better and deeper than the Bucks? And where is the big advantage in the East? Looking at things like win % tells a different story. So again, what are you basing this on?

Brianscott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers come on Lebron and Davis with the shooters and defence they have and what about the clippers. I do not agree with how either team was built cap needs to be fixed

Brianscott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucks proved in playoffs last year they need better 3 point shooting to protect Giannis

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad thing is, only @buckalis cares about the East vs West head to head results.

As long as the Lakers are winning their games over opponents from either conference, I dont care if the rest of the West has a 0-200 record.

Heck, I'd prefer it!!!

Brianscott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
East vs West will always be messy as long as the cap doesnt get fixed 2 teams in LA and no one who wants to win wants to play in NYC