• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early grade

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going A.

Round 1: A for player and A for position.

Round 2: A+ for player and for position. I get that some question the move but it was the end of the 2nd round. Taking him in the first would have still been OK. Taking him at #60 is just a flat out no brainer to me.

Round 3: B for position need. Incomplete for player. Basically because I really don't know much about him other than his name. Don't we have to give this team the benefit of the doubt on picking the right OL? What would concern me would be if we thought we were getting Davis and got caught with our pants down. If he was our Top OT on the board and one of our top players I'm happy. If not, I'm going to question it

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just seemed on ESPN they took their allotted time to the end whereas most others were turning their picks in quick. Now I have read that the two networks were not in sync as the draft was happening so maybe Dallas did turn their pick in quick. Shefter spoke one time and said we are through 87 picks but only 83 had been shown.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go A, A, D. Great draft so far for Dallas. To think about next years D, if healthy, with Lee, Crawford, Lawrence, McClain, Hitchens, Jones, Gregory and Hardy.....I'm betting Coach Rod can whip that into a competitive unit...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that on both our top picks I'm wondering how and where we use them position wise.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give them 3 1/4 stars (old school Star Search). First pick I rate an A-. Second pick an A. Third pick a B- b/c I'm feeling generous. If we nail our 4th pick we will advance to the finals.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that on both our top picks I'm wondering how and where we use them position wise.
I think a #1 corner is a higher value than a good CF FS, I'd bet that's where the Cowboys try and play him, with a move to FS as a fallback, fills a huge void either way. I'd think DE for Gregory, but you might be onto something with the Von Miller comment. I'd bet on passing downs, the Cowboys will find a way to get Hardy, Gregory and Lawrence all on the field at the same time

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas
1st B+ (Great athlete but combine warriors scare me)
2nd B+ (A+ pick for talent but reportedly has mental issues and personality flaws)
3rd C+ (A reach but who am I to challenge the Cowboys OLine grading)

Philly
1st B- (Fits system but just a replacement no improvement)
2nd A- (Moved up to get a good DB prospect that also fits system)
3rd F (Draft an ILB when you have 6 others and 3 all ready very good Alonso, Kendricks, Demeco Ryans)

Skins
1st C (A guy who projects at Guard at pick 5 with the best D player available)
2nd C (Smith was a major reach)
3rd Great job accumulating more picks in trade back cause team has major holes.

Giants
1st B- Flowers went high but left scrambling after Scherf was taken early
2nd A- Got the best Safety in the draft in round 2
3rd A- Odiguzawa (sp?) Dont know the guy at all but saw him mocked in early 2nd

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas
2nd B+ (A+ pick for talent but reportedly has mental issues and personality flaws)

Philly
3rd F (Draft an ILB when you have 6 others and 3 all ready very good Alonso, Kendricks, Demeco Ryans)

Skins

Giants
Giants killing it IMO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't like the Giants draft, we all know I'm not a Collins fan I think Randell was the best safety, and I think Collins will get exposed in the NFL honestly. I think the UCLA DE is solid but has some major stiffness about him, don't see him being anymore than an average player in the NFL, was thrilled we didn't get him as many projected us to.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas

Philly

Skins

Giants

I have to disagree on the Chaz Green grade. Dallas needed a swing Tackle, and a reliable back up for Free. Free tends to get nicked up here and there. Dallas has been great at drafting Olineman in recent years, so I feel like we have to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

I also disagree on the Redskins grades. Scherff was regarded as the best lineman in this draft by many, and Washington needed a lineman. Even if Scherff plays guard, so what? Zach Martin showed how much a dominant guard can change an offense. I also disagree with the Preston Smith grade, that guy can play. Don't see him as a reach at all. Washington has done just fine for themselves IMO.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't use the #5 pick on a guard. They are one of the least important positions on a team. The best player in the draft slipped to them and they went need over talent. Thats the worst way to draft and also Scherr isn't highly rated as recent top picks at Tackle.... which they're saying he's to stiff to play. Bad pick even if he turns out ok imo.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't use the #5 pick on a guard. They are one of the least important positions on a team. The best player in the draft slipped to them and they went need over talent. Thats the worst way to draft and also Scherr isn't highly rated as recent top picks at Tackle.... which they're saying he's to stiff to play. Bad pick even if he turns out ok imo.

I bet if we re-drafted the 2014 draft, Zach Martin would be in the top 5 as a Guard. I know hindsight is 20/20, but still...

I agree with you that passing on L.Williams was a head scratcher, but Washington needs upgrades on O-line. A dominating Guard can transform a running game. They filled a need, it wasn't the best pick they could have made, but I don't think it was a terrible pick either. I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Washington reach also led to a Giants reach. The Giants thought they had a shot at Scherff at 9 and when he was taken I think they panicked, wanting a lineman so badly.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give them an A for continuing to build the trenches on both sides of the ball and bringing in a rangy, athletic corner who could easily become a safety. Now that doesn't mean any of these picks will pan out, but I do like the effort and the draft so far.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A by my grade. I doubt they can do anything the rest of the draft that will change it either.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet if we re-drafted the 2014 draft, Zach Martin would be in the top 5 as a Guard. I know hindsight is 20/20, but still...

I agree with you that passing on L.Williams was a head scratcher, but Washington needs upgrades on O-line. A dominating Guard can transform a running game. They filled a need, it wasn't the best pick they could have made, but I don't think it was a terrible pick either. I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Martin would go around 5 if we redrafted but thats because he has the ability to play T at a high level too. What I've read is Scherff might not be able to play tackle. I know Im going to get feedback on this but Bitoni from the Browns was a better Guard then Martin last year and he went in the 2nd. Thats where you grab top Guard prospects. Now I'd rather have Martin then Bitoni because he can play Tackle which is completely fine using the #5 pick on. Im telling you guys though... when it comes to Guard play, Bitoni might be the best in the NFL (but Id still rather have Martin).

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin would go around 5 if we redrafted but thats because he has the ability to play T at a high level too. What I've read is Scherff might not be able to play tackle. I know Im going to get feedback on this but Bitoni from the Browns was a better Guard then Martin last year and he went in the 2nd. Thats where you grab top Guard prospects. Now I'd rather have Martin then Bitoni because he can play Tackle which is completely fine using the #5 pick on. Im telling you guys though... when it comes to Guard play, Bitoni might be the best in the NFL (but Id still rather have Martin).

I know profootballfocus loves Bitonio, and he is definitely a solid player, but I don't know that he is better than Martin. The eyeball test says otherwise, IMO. I honestly think that entire Cleveland line is overrated. The Browns have 3 supposedly pro-bowl caliber players on that line, and can never run the ball, they are middle of the pack when it comes to pass protection, too. Dallas averaged a full yard more per carry in the running game. I know there are other circumstances that affect these stats, but when you take into account the stats and what you see on the field, I don't see a strong argument for Bitonio being better than Martin. Martin may already be the best pulling guard in the NFL.

Bitonio Pro-Football Reference Approx. Value in 2014: 6
Martin Pro-Football Reference Approx. Value in 2014: 14

FYI: I actually watch some Browns games every year.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C+ the 1st pick bothers me. Is he a project? Ajayi is the real deal should have taken him on 4th round. Chaz green could be a sleeeper. Like his tape. Could turn into an A grade if jones succeeds