• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Earl Thomas still a possibility.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will be here and make a HUGE impact on this defense
I hope you are right. We have not had a great all around safety since Woodson. I dont know about everyone else, but I am tired of watching Heath as starter. If not earl we got to still upgrade either with another FA or a high draft pick.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you are right. We have not had a great all around safety since Woodson. I dont know about everyone else, but I am tired of watching Heath as starter. If not earl we got to still upgrade either with another FA or a high draft pick.
Me too. Too much heath for me over the years.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still a must sign for Dallas

win now
Yep, if Dallas hides behind the cap on this one I'd be surprised. Jerry has the cash, cap room and certainly the knowledge of how to manipulate the cap that he could sign Thomas, resign all of our own, and take a shot for the next 2-3 years

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, if Dallas hides behind the cap on this one I'd be surprised. Jerry has the cash, cap room and certainly the knowledge of how to manipulate the cap that he could sign Thomas, resign all of our own, and take a shot for the next 2-3 years
a championship is worth cap hell in my not so humble opinion
24 years and counting

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24 years and counting
The rams are selling out now for a championship. Figure by about 2021 they will start feeling it.

I agree going into cap hell for a championship is well worth it.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24 years and counting

I agree that if a championship were guaranteed, being in cap hell for three to five years would be worth it. The problem is that it isn't guaranteed, and history teaches us that it is the surest way to keep a team out of contention for a championship.

Had we not been dominated the way we were by the Rams, I might feel differently, but I don't think we are one player away from being favorites to win a championship. I see at least two glaring weaknesses on both sides of the ball. On the offensive side of the ball we have an Oline that struggled this year in many respects. We don't have a consistently reliable possession receiver (Witten might be that guy again, but time will tell). Plus, as long as we continue to run Garrett's offense, we're kind of hamstrung out of the gate.

On the defensive side of the ball, a good safety like ET is definitely one glaring weakness we currently have, but another weakness is consistent pressure on the QB. DLaw is a good pass rusher, but as good as he is, he only got 10.5 sacks last year. We need another pass rusher that gets consistent pressure on the QB.

I might add that our special teams isn't up there in the tops of the league either.

I would like ET on our team, but not if it means going into cap hell right now, because I just don't think that by himself he gets us over the edge of contending for a championship. I'm for staying the course another few years and see if we can't build a consistently competitive team that is a perennial playoff team like the Patriots. I don't think we are far from that point, and with continued successful drafts, we might just end up with a team that can make it to the SB every few years, or maybe even a few in a row.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's just me but I'm not giving him $13M per year unless it's a one or two year deal

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins is overrated and takes a lot of bad angles in the run and pass game and freelances a lot in coverage. Yes, he is good and would be a huge upgrade for us, but I think he will get more than he deserves because people remember the highlight plays he has made

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins is overrated and takes a lot of bad angles in the run and pass game and freelances a lot in coverage. Yes, he is good and would be a huge upgrade for us, but I think he will get more than he deserves because people remember the highlight plays he has made
Ok, Debbie Downer LOL. Can't get 2 minutes of fun LOL

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that if a championship were guaranteed, being in cap hell for three to five years would be worth it. The problem is that it isn't guaranteed, and history teaches us that it is the surest way to keep a team out of contention for a championship.

Had we not been dominated the way we were by the Rams, I might feel differently, but I don't think we are one player away from being favorites to win a championship. I see at least two glaring weaknesses on both sides of the ball. On the offensive side of the ball we have an Oline that struggled this year in many respects. We don't have a consistently reliable possession receiver (Witten might be that guy again, but time will tell). Plus, as long as we continue to run Garrett's offense, we're kind of hamstrung out of the gate.

On the defensive side of the ball, a good safety like ET is definitely one glaring weakness we currently have, but another weakness is consistent pressure on the QB. DLaw is a good pass rusher, but as good as he is, he only got 10.5 sacks last year. We need another pass rusher that gets consistent pressure on the QB.

I might add that our special teams isn't up there in the tops of the league either.

I would like ET on our team, but not if it means going into cap hell right now, because I just don't think that by himself he gets us over the edge of contending for a championship. I'm for staying the course another few years and see if we can't build a consistently competitive team that is a perennial playoff team like the Patriots. I don't think we are far from that point, and with continued successful drafts, we might just end up with a team that can make it to the SB every few years, or maybe even a few in a row.
Good post but IMO, Earl makes a huge difference and you gotta trust in the oline bouncing back with a healthy Fredrick under center. Couple this with another solid draft and I think we contend now. I'm tired of waiting. GO FOR IT! We don't have a few years, time is now

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post but IMO, Earl makes a huge difference and you gotta trust in the oline bouncing back with a healthy Fredrick under center. Couple this with another solid draft and I think we contend now. I'm tired of waiting. GO FOR IT! We don't have a few years, time is now
I agree go for it. You have to fill that safety position. Last thing I want to see is Heath starting again next year. My fear is, they don't see it as a big need again and roll with Heath.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly I didn't see that much of Weddle last year and he is getting older, but I always liked him. if not Earl I'm looking at him hard. Will be a lot cheaper too and maybe a 2 year deal will get him?

The Athletic's Clarence Hill reports free agent Eric Weddle has no plans to retire after being released by the Ravens on Tuesday.
Weddle had previously said he would hang up his cleats if the Ravens let him go, but a cooler head has since prevailed. Despite his advancing age (34), Weddle remained one of the league's top safeties in 2018. He should not struggle for interest in free agency, though the money could be less than he is looking for, as the safety group is deep.

Ravens released S Eric Weddle.
Weddle is 34 but remained a highly-productive player in 2018. The move is likely purely financial, as it saves $7.5 million against the cap while leaving behind just $1.75 million in dead money. The Ravens had been in the middle of the pack when it comes to cap space. They could be looking to clear room for a new C.J. Mosley deal. Still extremely durable in addition to his effectiveness, Weddle should quickly find a new home, though he could be limited to one-year offers, at least in terms of guaranteed money. One problem is that Weddle is joining a crowded safety market.