• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Earl Thomas still a possibility.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 years 44 million. I look at the safety situation and see only one guy I like. Woods and Earl would be a nice tandem. Then sign somebody to replace heath as the backup. I am going to be pisst if we dont sign Thomas. Very fucking pisst

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were to rank Dallas in the Thomas race is 2nd. More ready for a SB than #1 but #1 has ALOT of cap space to work with and a need of one S .

For what's it is worth. I see Seattle at #10032.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were to rank Dallas in the Thomas race is 2nd. More ready for a SB than #1 but #1 has ALOT of cap space to work with and a need of one S .

For what's it is worth. I see Seattle at #10032.
who do you see as #1? I assume he is going to a playoff caliber team.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who do you see as #1? I assume he is going to a playoff caliber team.

Maybe but I see them as up and coming and a real dark horse in this.

helmet_top_center1.png

I know how funny this sounds but not if you think about it

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as he doesn't go to the 49ers by all means sign with dallas

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe but I see them as up and coming and a real dark horse in this.

helmet_top_center1.png

I know how funny this sounds but not if you think about it
I can see the Browns making the playoffs next year.
I dont see them as needing a safety however. Unless the Owner is just going for a name.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see the Browns making the playoffs next year.
I dont see them as needing a safety however. Unless the Owner is just going for a name.

Haslem might. I just think it boils down to is does Earl want money or another ring

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see Jerry go for it, sign Earl Thomas for the D and Randall Cobb for the O and let's go

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably in the minority, but I'd pass on ET. He's gonna want $$$$ and I'd be concerned about his ankles.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitting ET under the cap in 2019 is a piece of cake. After that is when it starts to get tough. If this team wants to do more than just sign their own they will need to make moves this year to free up cap space now that they can roll forward and use 2 and 3 years down the road. For example, Hurns would be a $6.25M cap hit this year if he makes the team. Cut him before his roster bonus is due on 3/13 and we save $5M that can be rolled into those years. Lee is another. My hope is we move him to the SAM spot, but if the team's plan is keeping him as a backup than there is no way to justify his $10M cap hit and we save $7M by cutting him. Another guy is Crawford. This team is not in position to cut a versatile DL like him because at DE you have D Law's long term future up in the air (may be solved soon), a risk with Gregory, Taco not showing a starter skill set and at DT we need an upgrade. But if you want to sign all of our own and also add a guy like ET, Crawford is another guy with a $10M cap hit that we save $7M by cutting. IMO Crawford won't be cut this year, but will next year when we need those $'s more.

Summary is we have the room to sign our own and some other guys long term but it will take some foresight this year to do it IMO. If this team isn't going to start Lee and the cost of ET is Lee and Hurns, count me in.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitting ET under the cap in 2019 is a piece of cake. After that is when it starts to get tough. If this team wants to do more than just sign their own they will need to make moves this year to free up cap space now that they can roll forward and use 2 and 3 years down the road. For example, Hurns would be a $6.25M cap hit this year if he makes the team. Cut him before his roster bonus is due on 3/13 and we save $5M that can be rolled into those years. Lee is another. My hope is we move him to the SAM spot, but if the team's plan is keeping him as a backup than there is no way to justify his $10M cap hit and we save $7M by cutting him. Another guy is Crawford. This team is not in position to cut a versatile DL like him because at DE you have D Law's long term future up in the air (may be solved soon), a risk with Gregory, Taco not showing a starter skill set and at DT we need an upgrade. But if you want to sign all of our own and also add a guy like ET, Crawford is another guy with a $10M cap hit that we save $7M by cutting. IMO Crawford won't be cut this year, but will next year when we need those $'s more.

Summary is we have the room to sign our own and some other guys long term but it will take some foresight this year to do it IMO. If this team isn't going to start Lee and the cost of ET is Lee and Hurns, count me in.
Yeah, ET is worth the stretch, he would make this defense a legit top 5. I think Lee could be cut, but much more likely that he reworks his deal and comes back at a reduced rate. Same with Crawford, reduced or cut. I think Hurns and TWill are just gone, as is Beasley

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Earl's priority is to play in Texas over top 5 safety money then yes
otherwise...no thanks

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, ET is worth the stretch, he would make this defense a legit top 5. I think Lee could be cut, but much more likely that he reworks his deal and comes back at a reduced rate. Same with Crawford, reduced or cut. I think Hurns and TWill are just gone, as is Beasley
I actually Forgot T Will wasn't already gone. :lol:

That's an obvious $3M in cap savings right there

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dlaw likely to be franchise tagged I like it.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wonder how good this defense would have been with a healthy and focused David Irving and with someone other than heath starting at safety. I really dont think the rams run all over the defense if Irving is in the lineup. Cowboys need to find out if Irving wants to play football. If not then draft Dexter Lawrence if he happens to fall in the draft. Hell we would have two DLaws!!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wonder how good this defense would have been with a healthy and focused David Irving and with someone other than heath starting at safety. I really dont think the rams run all over the defense if Irving is in the lineup. Cowboys need to find out if Irving wants to play football. If not then draft Dexter Lawrence if he happens to fall in the draft. Hell we would have two DLaws!!
Yeah but to me there's about the same as saying if Antonio Bryant could have been healthy and focused we would have had another Playmaker. That turd quit on his team, as far as I'm concerned he can go join forces with LBell and AB

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read this.
My thought is either he would be too expensive or even if we could afford him still would cost to much.

then I read this. makes me wonder if he would play for a little less than if he went to another team.

Dallas Cowboys: Earl Thomas, safety

"Everyone in [the] locker room knows Earl loves the Cowboys," former Seahawks teammate Cliff Avril told SiriusXM NFL Radio last summer. "He'd leave immediately after work just to catch them play MNF."

The romance is real, with Thomas most recently sharing an NFL Network segment on Instagram in which analyst Willie McGinest paired Dallas and the star safety as a free agency fit. The veteran backstop turns 30 in May, but Thomas remains a top talent.

As for the Cowboys, Jerry Jones -- newsflash -- likes to make a splash. Our world makes zero sense if this fails to happen.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read this.
My thought is either he would be too expensive or even if we could afford him still would cost to much.

then I read this. makes me wonder if he would play for a little less than if he went to another team.

Dallas Cowboys: Earl Thomas, safety

"Everyone in [the] locker room knows Earl loves the Cowboys," former Seahawks teammate Cliff Avril told SiriusXM NFL Radio last summer. "He'd leave immediately after work just to catch them play MNF."

The romance is real, with Thomas most recently sharing an NFL Network segment on Instagram in which analyst Willie McGinest paired Dallas and the star safety as a free agency fit. The veteran backstop turns 30 in May, but Thomas remains a top talent.

As for the Cowboys, Jerry Jones -- newsflash -- likes to make a splash. Our world makes zero sense if this fails to happen.
I think he will be here and make a HUGE impact on this defense