• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Earl Thomas shoulder surgery has a 6 to 8 month healing time

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An article I saw on the NFL home page

Seahawks' Earl Thomas (shoulder) to undergo surgery - NFL.com

Earl Thomas was more banged up in Super Bowl XLIX than previously imagined.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday that the Seahawks' star safety played against the Patriots with a separated shoulder and a torn labrum, per a source informed of the situation.

The four-time All-Pro selection will undergo surgery and miss six to eight months.

Most of the Legion of Boom was banged up in the title game, including his elite running mates in Richard Sherman (elbow) and Kam Chancellor (MCL tear, bone bruise). Both Sherman and Thomas injured themselves during the NFC Championship Game, but the cornerback might escape the safety's fate of going under the knife.

Cornerback Jeremy Lane left the crushing 28-24 loss in the first quarter with what coach Pete Carroll later called a "significant" arm injury, leaving the Seahawks' secondary notably banged up.
A six-to-eight-month recovery window would place Thomas in coming back as early as August, the beginning of the preseason. A pessimistic diagnosis would place Thomas in pads no earlier than October, a handful of games into the 2015 season.

For Seattle to pace the NFL as the top challenger to New England, a healthy Thomas is necessary. The rangy playmaker, who has garnered Troy Polamalu and Ed Reed comparisons, vowed to "play fearless" despite the injury -- and did so. The dropoff to whoever the opening day backup will be is significant; it's a reality Carroll and Co. would prefer to avoid.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's been all over the media here today as well. He has a long road back. Said the other day I was far more worried about his injury than Kam or Sherman's. Shoulders have a tendency to pop back out again. And when you use your shoulders for tackling that's not going to be good moving forward.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he'll be back sometime around opening day? OK. Good to hear.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can definitely say the Seahawks were banged up.

Kind of pisses me off really.

According to the reports on the radio here the doctors only cleared Earl just before the game. Said if it was the day before he wouldn't have been eligible to play. Same with Kam. They knew full well what these guys were dealing with and still let them play. I mean I get this is the SB but you risk two of your franchises most important players future in playing them knowing they were already hurt and could really hurt themselves more.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of pisses me off really.

According to the reports on the radio here the doctors only cleared Earl just before the game. Said if it was the day before he wouldn't have been eligible to play. Same with Kam. They knew full well what these guys were dealing with and still let them play. I mean I get this is the SB but you risk two of your franchises most important players future in playing them knowing they were already hurt and could really hurt themselves more.

What should piss you off is looking at the upcoming schedule, bad draw dude.:doh:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What should piss you off is looking at the upcoming schedule, bad draw dude.:doh:

Everyone said that last year too. The last 6 games was supposed to be the gauntlet of doom. Many guaranteed Seattle wouldn't get back to the playoffs with how hard it was.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone said that last year too. The last 6 games was supposed to be the gauntlet of doom. Many guaranteed Seattle wouldn't get back to the playoffs with how hard it was.

I'm not suggesting they can't do it, just a crappy draw when coming off a SB loss.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Kaep taking advantage of this next season. :)

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not suggesting they can't do it, just a crappy draw when coming off a SB loss.

There are only two games a year that change based on where you finished and it would be the same whether Seattle on the SB or lost. Seattle was going to play the NFCN and AFCN no matter what happened. Only thing that changed was Carolina (winners of the south) and Dallas (winners of the east).

Getting GB and Dallas on the road is tough, but they do get the Steelers, lions, and bears at home. Carolina as well. Finally don't have to travel to either chicago or carolina. Seems they have had to go to both so many times in a row. And no games on the east coast for a change will be nice as well. A few 10am games, but not ALL the way across the country.

I'm not worried about it. Beat the teams in front of you and prove you deserve to be in the playoffs just like everyone else.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are only two games a year that change based on where you finished and it would be the same whether Seattle on the SB or lost. Seattle was going to play the NFCN and AFCN no matter what happened. Only thing that changed was Carolina (winners of the south) and Dallas (winners of the east).

Getting GB and Dallas on the road is tough, but they do get the Steelers, lions, and bears at home. Carolina as well. Finally don't have to travel to either chicago or carolina. Seems they have had to go to both so many times in a row. And no games on the east coast for a change will be nice as well. A few 10am games, but not ALL the way across the country.

I'm not worried about it. Beat the teams in front of you and prove you deserve to be in the playoffs just like everyone else.

exactly. how can you expect to beat good teams in the playoffs if you're not challenged in the regular season?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Kaep taking advantage of this next season. :)

As long as Seattle can start off with the fluffy part of their schedule (9'ers) they will have time to ease into the real football later.

:suds:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would have been harder if zona had Carson & Philadelphia had foles. I had Seattle at 9-7 or 10-6 after losing to KC. Thought SF would win 1& obviously with Carson and foles ( thought he would be back) I thought Seattle would go 2-1 or 1-2 in their 3 games vs zona & Philadelphia

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you did.

Nice avi though! Enjoy it while it lasts!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have been harder if zona had Carson & Philadelphia had foles. I had Seattle at 9-7 or 10-6 after losing to KC. Thought SF would win 1& obviously with Carson and foles ( thought he would be back) I thought Seattle would go 2-1 or 1-2 in their 3 games vs zona & Philadelphia

And injuries will happen next year too. We don't even know what any of those teams are going to look like after FA and the draft. Rodgers went down two years ago, Palmer last year. Who will it be this year? Hell Wilson could go down and it's all moot. I'm just not in the habit of overly worrying about things that far off when there are so many unknowns.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The legion of boo boos. Each day we get more info and it is not sounding so good. 6-8 months to heal from the injury but how long to get into football shape after that? Already sounding like these guys will have a lot to overcome. This is why the average career is so short. Lets wish all of them a speedy recovery.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Seattle can start off with the fluffy part of their schedule (9'ers) they will have time to ease into the real football later.

:suds:

Wiz,

Just for sports chat fun, what do you think the Seahawks w/l record will be next year?

Home -

AZ W?L
SF W
SL W
Chic W
Det W
Clev W
Pitt W
Car W

7-1 to 8-0 at home

AZ W/?L
SF W
SL W?L
GB W?L
MN W
Balt W?L
Cin W
Dal W?L

3-5 to 8-0 on road

10-6 to 16-0 overall I think. A playoff total in most seaons.

Yes 16-0 is absurd, it's just fair math in this exercise.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The legion of boo boos. Each day we get more info and it is not sounding so good. 6-8 months to heal from the injury but how long to get into football shape after that? Already sounding like these guys will have a lot to overcome. This is why the average career is so short. Lets wish all of them a speedy recovery.

Earl Thomas having labrum surgery, will be recovered by season | Seahawks Blog | Seattle Times

Should be ready by the start of the season according to the times.