• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Earl Thomas shoulder surgery has a 6 to 8 month healing time

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you did.

Nice avi though! Enjoy it while it lasts!

As much as I hate a team I usually throw that out the window when predicting their season. Pretty sure I had Seattle at 11-5 or 12-4 and got destroyed by some

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz,

Just for sports chat fun, what do you think the Seahawks w/l record will be next year?

Home -

AZ W?L
SF W
SL W
Chic W
Det W
Clev W
Pitt W
Car W

7-1 to 8-0 at home

AZ W/?L
SF W
SL W?L
GB W?L
MN W
Balt W?L
Cin W
Dal W?L

3-5 to 8-0 on road

10-6 to 16-0 overall I think. A playoff total in most seaons.

Yes 16-0 is absurd, it's just fair math in this exercise.

Only see 3 challenging home games so I say 7-1 or 8-0. There is not one easy road game on that schedule so I say 4-4 or 5-3 at best away from Seattle.

Free agency changes everything though

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz,

Just for sports chat fun, what do you think the Seahawks w/l record will be next year?

Home -

AZ W?L
SF W
SL W
Chic W
Det W
Clev W
Pitt W
Car W

7-1 to 8-0 at home

AZ W/?L
SF W
SL W?L
GB W?L
MN W
Balt W?L
Cin W
Dal W?L

3-5 to 8-0 on road

10-6 to 16-0 overall I think. A playoff total in most seaons.

Yes 16-0 is absurd, it's just fair math in this exercise.
Again, way too early to tell. Need to know what happens in FA and drafts and WHEN each game is. Some teams are way better early than late, some you'd rather face early before they hit their stride.

Any guesses now is just generalizing.

I mean we always like our chances in every game at home, but as I already said getting GB and Dallas on the road are probably tall orders. Ravens too for that matter. When you face them will likely matter.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its a bit premature to guess at wins and losses until we see the make up of these teams. If St Louis gets even an average QB they could be a real tough out. Same for Arizona. Regardless of records, any road win is tough to get.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it would help to know if Lynch is solid for next year or not. That could change everything.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a bet to go on record with, it's simply an exercise based one what we do know. It's what sports shows do everyday. Yes we know somethings will change, but rarely do they change so drastically that it falls outside the general range of where you think they will be.

Excluding a major injury, or multiple injuries, I see the Seahawks making the playoffs next year.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its a bit premature to guess at wins and losses until we see the make up of these teams. If St Louis gets even an average QB they could be a real tough out. Same for Arizona. Regardless of records, any road win is tough to get.

I agree. It is the major reason why fans wait until when the actual date/time of games come out to make their predictions. That usually happens in April and by that time you have a good idea of what your team will look like excluding the draft but almost all the wanted FA are gone by that time.

Also tough to predict the schedule without knowing the date and time as having a short week and having to travel against a pretty good team can change your opinion on a game

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a bet to go on record with, it's simply an exercise based one what we do know. It's what sports shows do everyday. Yes we know somethings will change, but rarely do they change so drastically that it falls outside the general range of where you think they will be.

Excluding a major injury, or multiple injuries, I see the Seahawks making the playoffs next year.

If Lynch doesn't retire.

If they can give boatloads of money to Wilson and Wagner and not run out of ability to sign others.

If they find an answer to losing Maxwell (assuming he is gone in FA).

If they can put a decent line together given FA.

If the legion of boo boo's (geezers line) is patched up and fully up to speed.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of pisses me off really.

According to the reports on the radio here the doctors only cleared Earl just before the game. Said if it was the day before he wouldn't have been eligible to play. Same with Kam. They knew full well what these guys were dealing with and still let them play. I mean I get this is the SB but you risk two of your franchises most important players future in playing them knowing they were already hurt and could really hurt themselves more.

I think Donte Hightower is going to need shoulder surgery in the offseason as well. It would take a lot for an injury to keep a player out of the Superbowl.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries are going to start to become the norm for the legion of boom. Hopefully, for Seattle's sake, they can keep drafting so well.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And before we pencil in what people think of the Dallas game next year, keep in mind Romo is counting 27m against their cap next season. :lol: That's why they can't sign both dez and murray. That cap issue is going to be a huge problem for them. Their depth will be non existent. If you get them on your schedule, get them late in the year because injuries are going to kill them.

27 million :pound:

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know why this is a separate thread in the general forum?
Where are the threads for every injured player in the NFL?

Then, why is there a thread started about Seattle's cap situation, when it's better than over half the teams in the NFL even after paying what Wilson is expected to earn?
Where are the threads for every team's cap situation?

These were started by non-Seahawks fans, mind you. I would expect this stuff over on our board.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know why this is a separate thread in the general forum?
Where are the threads for every injured player in the NFL?

Then, why is there a thread started about Seattle's cap situation, when it's better than over half the teams in the NFL even after paying what Wilson is expected to earn?
Where are the threads for every team's cap situation?

These were started by non-Seahawks fans, mind you. I would expect this stuff over on our board.

The theory is Seattle only got to where they are because they didn't have to pay what everyone else does for QB thus giving them unreal amounts of extra money to play with. That money leads to better depth and more talent up and down the roster. Pay Wilson what everyone else does and you no longer get that depth and extra quality all around the team and you are no longer special.

Seattle has about 7m in dead money, around 26m in unused cap space, and lots of decisions around them to ponder.

The point they miss for this coming season is Wilson (or wagner) won't hurt the cap nearly as much this year as in future years. When they get their upfront money and spread it out they drop their base salary in year one. They get a ton of money and most of the hit comes in years 2 - whatever. Wilson could end up costing under 10m next year even if it's an average of over 20/year depending on how they work it and if he's more of the Brady kind of guy, or Romo kind.

The pain won't be felt that much next season. It's the years after that.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And before we pencil in what people think of the Dallas game next year, keep in mind Romo is counting 27m against their cap next season. :lol: That's why they can't sign both dez and murray. That cap issue is going to be a huge problem for them. Their depth will be non existent. If you get them on your schedule, get them late in the year because injuries are going to kill them.

27 million :pound:

:L

actually, Dallas's cap is in the best shape it's been in for years. Depth has been limited the last 2/3 years and will be better due to the cap clean up last year. T. Smith will be restructured for sure, Romo may or may not, and Carr will take a pay cut IF he wants to stay.

" IRVING, Texas – Over the years, the Dallas Cowboys have had to make a number of personnel decisions based strictly on the salary cap.

DeMarcus Ware was a salary-cap move last year. So was Miles Austin. They counted $8.571 million and $2.749 million against the Cowboys’ cap in 2014 despite playing for other teams. Austin will count $5.106 million against the Dallas cap in 2015 because he was designated a post-June 1 cut last year. Kyle Orton will count $2.25 million against the cap this season even though he spent last season in Buffalo.

Before you get too excited over that, Orton would have counted that much against the cap even if he was Tony Romo’s backup in 2014 because the final year of his deal would have voided.

In 2013, they made Marcus Spears a post-June 1 cut, so he counted $1.4 million against the cap in 2014. Nate Livings counted $2.1 million against the cap in 2014. In 2012, Terence Newman was a salary-cap casualty.

i

Carr
In cleaning up their cap the last few seasons, the Cowboys really have only one player who could fall into the salary-cap trap in 2015.

Cornerback Brandon Carr carries a $12.717 million cap charge and is scheduled to make an $8 million base salary. Only Darrelle Revis ($25 million) and Patrick Peterson ($14.791 million) have higher salary-cap figures than Carr among cornerbacks.

Carr did not have an interception in 2014, but he played much better in the final five games than he did in the first 11. Just not enough to warrant that payday.

The Cowboys will offer Carr a chance to stay at a cheaper rate, like they did with right tackle Doug Free in 2013, or cut him altogether. Making Carr a post-June 1 cut saves the Cowboys $8 million against the cap in 2015, but he would count $7.434 million against the 2016 cap.

If the Cowboys don’t designate Carr a June 1 cut, then they will save $566,000 against the cap in 2015, but he will not be on the 2016 books.

The only other “cap casualty” candidates this year would be backup guard Mackenzy Bernadeau and backup linebacker Dekoda Watson. Bernadeau has a $2.824 million cap figure and a $1.5 million base salary. Watson will count $1.25 million.

Cutting both players would save $2.75 million against the cap, but it would leave the Cowboys without a veteran backup interior offensive lineman in Bernadeau. There really is no benefit to cutting Bernadeau. Watson was hurt for most of his time with the Cowboys and is viewed as a special teamer right now. He is much more expendable"

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys may be better than they've been in previous years, but that doesn't make their situation any good.

According to Over the Cap (Salary Cap Space - Over the Cap), you've got 7.4MM going into next year. That's good for 23rd in the league.

On this note, I'm noticing that the entire rest of the NFC West is in the bottom 7 teams in the league....great news for SEA.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Madden curse ? Everyone on that cover needs surgery accept Maxwell... But he did miss a playoff game from illness... People keep EA sports far away from your football team !!

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only one player was on the cover of Madden (Sherman), and he made it to the Super Bowl and had a great year. The curse didn't affect the team.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those shoulders can be tricky and nothing is assured

Dallas drafted Randy Hughes outta Oklahoma in the mid 70's and he was primed to take Charlie Waters job after his rookie season. A destined NFL star safety that hit like a truck. Then he had a major separation early in year two. Then it became: Surgery, cleared to play, shoulder pops out, surgery ect.
After 3 surgeries in about an 18 month period, Hughes retired from football.

wishing the best for Earl. He plays the game the way it was meant to be played

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys may be better than they've been in previous years, but that doesn't make their situation any good.

According to Over the Cap (Salary Cap Space - Over the Cap), you've got 7.4MM going into next year. That's good for 23rd in the league.

On this note, I'm noticing that the entire rest of the NFC West is in the bottom 7 teams in the league....great news for SEA.

agreed....but it's better than it's been in a long long time, and that was the point with depth being questioned for next season.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only one player was on the cover of Madden (Sherman), and he made it to the Super Bowl and had a great year. The curse didn't affect the team.

I heard one of the covers had the entire LOB ... I don't buy Madden anymore because it's garbage