• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Earl Campbell suggests it's time for Texas to fire Mack

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KansasSooner, LHN had the TX-OU game from 1969 on today, and I watched some of it.

Owens, Mildren et all. There was some big guy on defense, called Monster Man, or something like that.
Anyway, they were tough. TX couldn't run at all, had to pass most of the game. Street to Speyrer. Think about 170 yrds passing in the first half.

Owens had over 40 carries, think about 140 yrds or so. Anyway, he was a hoss.

Different game back then, but was cool to watch.

Mildren was sophomore in 1969 and Owens, as a senior, won the Heisman, that year. Saw a number of games in Norman that year, but not Dallas.

And the Texas RB was Jim Bertelsen.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fullback was Worster #30, halfbacks were Bertelsen #35 and Koy #24.

They were all good. Bertelsen was from Wisconsin. When I was a kid, I always wondered how someone from Wisconsin was playing for Texas.

When they could get that wishbone working, they were pretty cool to watch.

As a kid, always liked the names: Happy Feller, Cotton Speyrer, and a punter named Scooter. The things you remember as a kid...

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think when we get throatfucked in Dallas again 2 weeks from now he will be fired the Sunday afterward.

that game is going to be ugly... when Bob Stoops smells blood, hide the children

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatevs.

If we can get out of position several times against ND, we can do it against anybody. We left a few points on the field up there...as an offering to TD Jesus I guess. Don't want him too pissed at us.

No more shutouts. I've resigned myself to that reality.

At least we aren't giving up big shit over and over and over like before. Just a couple here and there. I can live with that.

Of course the greats are going to chime in...it sells newspapers and web advertising/clicks. Hell, did nobody hear the chorus of OU has-beens chirping ad nauseum about the state of the program after getting our willies whittled in JerryWorld? Spencer Tillman, Brian Bosworth, Barry Switzer, Joe Washington, Tony Casillas, etc. AND THAT WAS AFTER A 10 WIN SEASON!

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the most part they were complaining the players quit and weren't playing with any desire or intensity. Given what I've seen so far this year I think they just might have been correct.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the most part they were complaining the players quit and weren't playing with any desire or intensity. Given what I've seen so far this year I think they just might have been correct.

You've just described our entire defense....

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard about enough about it.

SHIT, OR GET OFF THE POT. WE CAN'T HAVE YOU FAGGOTS HANGING YOUR HEAD ANY MORE. HAVE SOME PRIDE DAMNIT. YOU'RE BRINGING THE CONFERENCE DOWN FURTHER WITH YOUR BULLSHIT. PULL YOURSELVES TOGETHER. YOU THINK IT FEELS BETTER TO US KICKING YOUR TEETH IN WHILE YOU'RE DOWN ON THE GROUND AS IT IS? FIGHT FAGGOTS, FIGHT!

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SHIT, OR GET OFF THE POT. WE CAN'T HAVE YOU FAGGOTS HANGING YOUR HEAD ANY MORE. HAVE SOME PRIDE DAMNIT. YOU'RE BRINGING THE CONFERENCE DOWN FURTHER WITH YOUR BULLSHIT. PULL YOURSELVES TOGETHER. YOU THINK IT FEELS BETTER TO US KICKING YOUR TEETH IN WHILE YOU'RE DOWN ON THE GROUND AS IT IS? FIGHT FAGGOTS, FIGHT!

Yes, b/c message board posters have a big influence on how the team plays :L

You think it feels better to us when Big Game Bob is getting his shit pushed in by Aggy in a bowl game? FIGHT FAGGOTS FIGHT!

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reporter for Texas, Max Olson....I went to high school with him and college lol...

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Already? They usually wait until the RRSO to do that. :lol:

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, b/c message board posters have a big influence on how the team plays :L

You think it feels better to us when Big Game Bob is getting his shit pushed in by Aggy in a bowl game? FIGHT FAGGOTS FIGHT!

Mmmmm....hows that Aggy cock taste bro? It's been in our ass!

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

texas is fucked for the next couple of years, I don't care who comes in. there is more broken than can be quickly fixed...

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say right now. OU is still a young team learning its way. Never know how that will translate to the floor of the Cotton Bowl.
-
In all honesty I do not think this is a great OU team, nor was last years team. Texas's biggest opponent in Dallas is Texas. They come in prepared to lose. OU knows jump out to a quick lead and it is over. That is why it is so frustrating to Texas fans. We could all take a bad streak where OU beat Texas by an average of 8 pts. We would not be happy, but watching the quit is brutal.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
texas is fucked for the next couple of years, I don't care who comes in. there is more broken than can be quickly fixed...
-
Texas is broken culturally. It will take time to be a NC contender, but Texas is only a kick in the ass from competing for the Big 12.