• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Earl Campbell suggests it's time for Texas to fire Mack

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with that is the date is NEXT August or 2014 so he will be in place when a new coach is named.

If I'm a Texas fan I don't like this they should spend the next month finding the best guy in the business that they can hire, bring him in and let him conduct the search.

You didn't read the article.

He's OFFICIALLY out in August. They want his replacement hired by December 1st. He's basically just going to be showing the new guy the ropes until August.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deloss Dodds is the greatest AD arguably in college sports history.

He turned a faded regional afterthought into the single most valuable national brand.
New baseball, football, basketball, and other facilities were all built under his legacy.

He turned a bleeding unprofitable system into wheelbarrows full of cash that are used to help support the academics of the school (Rarely do you see that in reverse.)

He won the most conference titles of any SWC team during his tenure.
He won the most national titles of any SWC team during his tenure.

He won the most Big 12 conference titles and counting.
He won the most national titles of any Big 12 team and counting.

Dodds made an immeasureable impact. I am not even sure any other AD comes close....

It disgusts me that any TEXAS fan wants to badmouth the man who made TEXAS into the machine it is today.

It was a golden age of TEXAS prosperity.

The next guy has HUGE shoes to fill.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He turned a faded regional afterthought into the single most valuable national brand.
New baseball, football, basketball, and other facilities were all built under his legacy.

He turned a bleeding unprofitable system into wheelbarrows full of cash that are used to help support the academics of the school (Rarely do you see that in reverse.)

Dodds made an immeasureable impact. I am not even sure any other AD comes close....

It disgusts me that any TEXAS fan wants to badmouth the man who made TEXAS into the machine it is today.

Wow. I will let DKR know that Dodds built Texas. Dodds did a lot of great things, but saying Dodds built Texas is some serious BS. Texas was a known entity before Dodds got there. This is the kind of thinking that named Texas's football website "MackBrownTexasFootball".

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jeremy Foley of Florida - 3 BCSNC & 2 Basketball NCAA NC and countless other sports.

Mal Moore - Hired Nick Saban who has won 3 national championships.

Just two that I would put above Dodd and I won't go into how I think he has been a divisive force in the Big 12 that may actually hurt Texas in the long run.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Dodds is basically an Athletic Director "In Leaving"?

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the juggernaut speaks, people better listen.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EUoVqC4U_I]Earl Campbell is the Juggernaut, #@#$@!! - YouTube[/ame]

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeremy Foley of Florida - 3 BCSNC & 2 Basketball NCAA NC and countless other sports.

Just two that I would put above Dodd and I won't go into how I think he has been a divisive force in the Big 12 that may actually hurt Texas in the long run.
Just for the record Auburn has had horrific AD's going all the way back to when Dye had both roles.

It is amazing we have accomplished what we have with such bad leadership in a key position and I can't wait for them to get rid of Jay Jacobs.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, and Mal Moores legacy goes way beyond being an AD as well. The amount of national championships he's been a part of in 1 way or another is mind boggling.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, even another Longhorn great took a shot at Mack's team. Not sure if anybody was just watching Rick Reilly interviewing Ricky Williams on MNF. He was basically covering, "Where is Ricky Williams now". Ricky is now the RB's coach at Incarnate Word in San Antonio. He asked why he is coaching at this school, who is playing their 1st season of football ever (I believe) and not at the University of Texas and Ricky said b/c he prefers to coach the players at Incarnate Word b/c they care more about the sport of football and want to play hard. WTF????!!!!!!!

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think when we get throatfucked in Dallas again 2 weeks from now he will be fired the Sunday afterward.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's official: DeLois Dodds is retiring. Chip Brown broke the news several weeks ago, and got hammered. Today the announcement came down.

Word is they want the replacement by Dec 1. Well of course they do, because they need to start the search for a new HC.

I think Mack was told after the BYU game that it was over. I just don't understand why he doesn't come out and say, this is my last year. Then, all the bitterness and crap would turn to a thanks and goodbye farewell tour. I just don't understand.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, when I was just knee high to a grasshopper, my hero was James Street.

Street died this morning of a heart attack. 65 years old. Out of the blue.

He was 20-0 as a starter. Led the Horns to the 1969 National Championship.

Led the comeback in the first 'game of the century', in the 100th year of college football, in 1969, over Arkansas piggies. On national tv. Were down 14-0 and came back to win 15-14. I watched the whole damn thing, 2 feet in front of a crummy little fuzzy picture tv in West Texas. I was just a child, and already lived and died with the Horns.

Damn. James Street dead.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, didn't see that yall had talked about this above. Just got on.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Led the comeback in the first 'game of the century', in the 100th year of college football, in 1969, over Arkansas piggies. On national tv. Were down 14-0 and came back to win 15-14. I watched the whole damn thing, 2 feet in front of a crummy little fuzzy picture tv in West Texas. I was just a child, and already lived and died with the Horns.

Damn. James Street dead.

Well don't feel too bad about that, I watched on a fuzzy BW TV in west Kansas and I was already learning to hate UT. :D

Still, he was a great QB for Royal and nothing but respect for him and condolences to his family.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KansasSooner, LHN had the TX-OU game from 1969 on today, and I watched some of it.

Owens, Mildren et all. There was some big guy on defense, called Monster Man, or something like that.
Anyway, they were tough. TX couldn't run at all, had to pass most of the game. Street to Speyrer. Think about 170 yrds passing in the first half.

Owens had over 40 carries, think about 140 yrds or so. Anyway, he was a hoss.

Different game back then, but was cool to watch.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have liked to seen that, Texas and OU both had some hosses back then. I'm trying to remember the name of the big fullback UT had in that game...I want to say Bertlesen or something like that.