• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles win NFC East (?)...

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've fallen flat...you are the one cherry picking stats. You keep basing it on playoff wins. I gave you a plethora of factors to determine success of an NFL Franchise. As I said previously, Colts are arguably #3 or #4 most successful of the past 20 years. We have on the field success, a championship, marketability, pop culture relevance, post season awards, and sure fire hall of famers. As mentioned above by the Pats fan, we are kinda like The Knicks and Pacers from the 90s in the NBA. If it wasn't for Jordan they would have rings. In our case, if it wasn't for the Patriots Juggernaut we might be talking about Peyton as the guy with 4 or 5 rings and not Brady. You notice the only people taking your side is Eagles fans, meanwhile fan from multiple fanbases have taken mine. Like I said, I win.

I'm not cherry picking anything. I'm taking actual comparable numbers that hold actual measurable relevance to a team's success. I'm not trying to claim completely irrelevant factors such as SNL appearences into the debate.

Pop culture has literally 0.0 relevance in regards to a team's on field success. It's relevant I'd you want to talk about how good a players agent is or how charasmatic that players personality is but in regards to a team's on the field success it holds no relevance. By your nonsense logic the Browns have had a highly successful season.

You try to claim Peyton and the Colts would have had 4 or 5 rings if not for the Patriots. The Colts with Peyton lost in the playoffs 9 times in the past 20 years and only two of those times were to the Patriots.

Again, actual ways to measure a team's success over a period of time would be winning and winning in the post season. Colts and Eagles are even in the categories of SB wins, SB appearences, Division wins, Division appearences but beyond that Eagles have the edge in both first round byes obtained and total number of playoff wins. There really isn't an argument for Colts that you have been able to make in regards to actually relevant points in regards to a team's success.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've fallen flat...you are the one cherry picking stats. You keep basing it on playoff wins. I gave you a plethora of factors to determine success of an NFL Franchise. As I said previously, Colts are arguably #3 or #4 most successful of the past 20 years. We have on the field success, a championship, marketability, pop culture relevance, post season awards, and sure fire hall of famers. As mentioned above by the Pats fan, we are kinda like The Knicks and Pacers from the 90s in the NBA. If it wasn't for Jordan they would have rings. In our case, if it wasn't for the Patriots Juggernaut we might be talking about Peyton as the guy with 4 or 5 rings and not Brady. You notice the only people taking your side is Eagles fans, meanwhile fan from multiple fanbases have taken mine. Like I said, I win.
Yea I’ve noticed a lot on this board that eagles fans agree with eagles fans about the greatness of their franchise, but no one else does

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just glad we won one. I don't make bold claims beyond that. But that's one more than Dallas has this century!

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not cherry picking anything. I'm taking actual comparable numbers that hold actual measurable relevance to a team's success. I'm not trying to claim completely irrelevant factors such as SNL appearences into the debate.

Pop culture has literally 0.0 relevance in regards to a team's on field success. It's relevant I'd you want to talk about how good a players agent is or how charasmatic that players personality is but in regards to a team's on the field success it holds no relevance. By your nonsense logic the Browns have had a highly successful season.

You try to claim Peyton and the Colts would have had 4 or 5 rings if not for the Patriots. The Colts with Peyton lost in the playoffs 9 times in the past 20 years and only two of those times were to the Patriots.

Again, actual ways to measure a team's success over a period of time would be winning and winning in the post season. Colts and Eagles are even in the categories of SB wins, SB appearences, Division wins, Division appearences but beyond that Eagles have the edge in both first round byes obtained and total number of playoff wins. There really isn't an argument for Colts that you have been able to make in regards to actually relevant points in regards to a team's success.
Yea guys why cant you only use stats that benefit the Eagles when making an argument. It’s ridiculous

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea guys why cant you only use stats that benefit the Eagles when making an argument. It’s ridiculous

What other stats have been brought to the table that I'm disregarding? He first brought up number of times the Colts made the playoffs but then it turned out Eagles same amount of times. Then he tried to bring up division wins but Eagles have won the division same amount of times.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What other stats have been brought to the table that I'm disregarding? He first brought up number of times the Colts made the playoffs but then it turned out Eagles same amount of times. Then he tried to bring up division wins but Eagles have won the division same amount of times.

If you combine playoff wins, plus number of appearances on SNL and Parks and Rec appearnces, the Colts have more. Lmao.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for Starters we can bring up regular seasons wins.
The Colts have almost 20 more of those.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for Starters we can bring up regular seasons wins.
The Colts have almost 20 more of those.

Your math is a bit of a mess. Colts have 9 more regular season wins than the Eagles.

But hey there you go, there is finally one category that the Colts win out in over the Eagles. Probably the lowest value category though. Eagles have more playoff wins and playoff wins > regular season wins.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your math is a bit of a mess. Colts have 9 more regular season wins than the Eagles.

But hey there you go, there is finally one category that the Colts win out in over the Eagles. Probably the lowest value category though. Eagles have more playoff wins and playoff wins > regular season wins.
I mean your logic is a bit of a mess but you seem to be going with it

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean your logic is a bit of a mess but you seem to be going with it

Yeah I guess it is a mess of a logic to compare actual measurable benchmarks levels of success over a period of time.

Much more logical to instead go off of SNL appearences.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I guess it is a mess of a logic to compare actual measurable benchmarks levels of success over a period of time.

Much more logical to instead go off of SNL appearences.
If that’s all you took away from what @Shane_O_Mac812 said, then holy shit I don’t know what to say

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed so I'm not surprised.
Lol so now we have reached the point where you know you’re wrong so you resort to insults. I guess I’m not surprised seeing the source.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff wins count most.

Prove him wrong.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff wins count most.

Prove him wrong.
Well we have already established that the Colts have more regular seasons wins which is whatever, granted the Eagles have made the playoffs more both teams have won the same amount of Super Bowls in the designated time. My main grip is that the Eagles have clearly been better. I think at least between the two teams it’s relatively close.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And in 37 years or so you'll probably see another Eagles Super Bowl win!!!!!