• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles proposed taking home Thanksgiving games from Dallas and Detroit

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again..... One team should not get the advantage of playing at home every year on Thursday. What do you not understand? You must be senile...
It's called tradition.
There is no proven fact that there is an unfair advantage.
So pull up your skirt and stop whinning for a day.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of Tradition do you not understand.

I’m not saying I agree but just because it’s tradition it doesn’t mean it’s fair. I don’t see why the Cowboys can’t travel every other year. Do I give a crap? Nope... but that was the point.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not saying I agree but just because it’s tradition it doesn’t mean it’s fair. I don’t see why the Cowboys can’t travel every other year. Do I give a crap? Nope... but that was the point.

Same as I said to FFF. How is it fair to pull a team away from ther families every other year. This isn't just any Thursday, it's a day when their kids are home from school.

If the NFL ends the Detroit and Dallas tradition fine, but only a bad father would suggest forcing the same families be separated every other Thanksgiving.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me add this. The NFL should try its hardest to lo lengthen years between other teams playing road Thanksgiving games.

Of course if the Giants play Thanksgiving one year doesn't mean they cant be the road team vs the Jets the following year.

The Redskins were recently screwed by the NFL with three consecutive Thanksgiving day games. This should never happen.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same as I said to FFF. How is it fair to pull a team away from ther families every other year. This isn't just any Thursday, it's a day when their kids are home from school.

If the NFL ends the Detroit and Dallas tradition fine, but only a bad father would suggest forcing the same families be separated every other Thanksgiving.

I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. They get 8 months off and make millions. The non millionaires usually don’t stick around long enough to really be impacted. Like I said, as an Eagle fan, it never has crossed my mind but in a league where titles are won and lost on one play it’s isnt even if 2 of 32 teams get every Thursday game at home while the opponent always travels. I’m guessing it’s the coaches looking for any type of advantage and bitching about any disadvantage. Personally I like the Thanksgiving Dallas tradition because I know there will be a game that I have something to root for. Personally hate all AFC prime time games.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. They get 8 months off and make millions. The non millionaires usually don’t stick around long enough to really be impacted. Like I said, as an Eagle fan, it never has crossed my mind but in a league where titles are won and lost on one play it’s isnt even if 2 of 32 teams get every Thursday game at home while the opponent always travels. I’m guessing it’s the coaches looking for any type of advantage and bitching about any disadvantage. Personally I like the Thanksgiving Dallas tradition because I know there will be a game that I have something to root for. Personally hate all AFC prime time games.

I will gladly disagree with you. Pulling the same families apart every other Thanksgiving is not only unfair to the bbn players it's unfair to their wives and children.

As I said earlier, only a horrible husband and father would support such a plan.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wrong there is no advantage.

Detroit Lions all-time record in Thanksgiving Day game

Everything you need to know about the Dallas Cowboys and Thanksgiving Day

The Dallas advantage comes from playing the Dead Skins and Phins over and over again, a total of 13x's. Their longest win streak came during the 80s when they were beating everyone.
Over the past two decades they are 11-9.

There is no clear advantage.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Dallas advantage comes from playing the Dead Skins and Phins over and over again, a total of 13x's. Their longest win streak came during the 80s when they were beating everyone.

I'd think the advantage came to game after a Thursday game.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will gladly disagree with you. Pulling the same families apart every other Thanksgiving is not only unfair to the bbn players it's unfair to their wives and children.

As I said earlier, only a horrible husband and father would support such a plan.

Bwhahahaha.

I see what you did there!

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t know. The players and coaches have always said short weeks on the road are a bitch.
Also their mediocre Thanksgiving record doesn’t indicate a ton. Hypothetically they could be 0-20 if it were always on the road and 11-9 proves it’s a huge advantage (hypothetically)

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Millions of people work on Thanksgiving. I think it’s a non issue.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know. The players and coaches have always said short weeks on the road are a bitch.
Also their mediocre Thanksgiving record doesn’t indicate a ton. Hypothetically they could be 0-20 if it were always on the road and 11-9 proves it’s a huge advantage (hypothetically)
As mentioned previously.
This is an arguement for playing or not playing on Thursday's. Not whether or not Dallas or Detroit have a clear advantage. The #s prove they don't.

Also mentioned it's about millionaires bitching. Suck it up. You play 16 GAMES a year. Once every few years you play a Thursday game. Zero sympathy.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd think the advantage came to game after a Thursday game.
That wasn't the original arguement. It was about teams going on the road are at a disadvantage.

It would be interesting to run the numbers. But considering the two teams that "get the advantage" I'd bet their records are .500 at best. Especially over the past couple decades.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't the original arguement. It was about teams going on the road are at a disadvantage.

It would be interesting to run the numbers. But considering the two teams that "get the advantage" I'd bet their records are .500 at best. Especially over the past couple decades.
I know it wasn't the argument, but if there is an advantage I'd say it's the game after with 3 extra days rest.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it wasn't the argument, but if there is an advantage I'd say it's the game after with 3 extra days rest.
Meh, IMO that's offset by the short week:noidea:
Again it would be interesting to pull those numbers

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, IMO that's offset by the short week:noidea:
Again it would be interesting to pull those numbers
On Thursdays both teams played on short weeks. The week after one team is on regular rest and the other is on 10 days rest.

That's about the only true advantage one team gets.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Thursdays both teams played on short weeks. The week after one team is on regular rest and the other is on 10 days rest.

That's about the only true advantage one team gets.
Wouldn't they both be on 10 day rest unless I'm missing something? Assuming they played Thursday and both teams play the following Sunday.