• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles proposed taking home Thanksgiving games from Dallas and Detroit

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is overdue frankly. Detroit has never won a Super Bowl and Dallas hasn't won since 1996. Why should we have to watch bad football on our holiday? Do we really need to watch Matt Stafford throw for four picks against the Bears? No, sir. Get some real teams in there.

The league confirmed today that the Eagles submitted a proposal for a change in the league resolutions that would have seen the Lions and Cowboys continue to play on Thanksgiving each year, but to play on the road every other year.

The text of the Eagles’ proposal read, “to continue the annual tradition of having Dallas and Detroit play on Thanksgiving, provided that one of those clubs host a home game with the other club playing away, and alternating home and away games each subsequent season.”

Eagles proposed change to Detroit-Dallas Thanksgiving tradition

No way. Fuck that. Great tradition

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call it what you want. They're the only team who official came out and whined about it.

Door is still that way Mr. H------->
Someone had to start the process as it's pretty well known that a Thursday home game means more than a Sunday home game. Simple solution fix it... everyones happy.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Buttfumble game was NE vs NYJ on Thanksgiving night.

I'm tired of the same teams in the afternoon games, too, but I'm stuffing my mouth and not watching anyway.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone had to start the process as it's pretty well known that a Thursday home game means more than a Sunday home game. Simple solution fix it... everyones happy.

"it's pretty well known that a Thursday home game means more than a Sunday home game." In what way?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"it's pretty well known that a Thursday home game means more than a Sunday home game." In what way?
Shorter time period to prepare for the road team when you add in travel. The road team can't even rest with a travel day...common sense.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great advantage. Those two franchises have proven that:rolleyes2: both teams also get an additional 3 days of rest on the backside.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great advantage. Those two franchises have proven that:rolleyes2: both teams also get an additional 3 days of rest on the backside.
If you are the road team you basically have one less day to rest and prepare. Yes you get more rest the following week but how does that help you for the Thursday game? It doesn't. This is why it's fair to rotate them every team should rotate every year and it evens out. If you think it's some sort of advantage why don't you lobby the NFL to have the patsies play every Thursday game from now on away from NE. See how that goes with BB....

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are the road team you basically have one less day to rest and prepare. Yes you get more rest the following week but how does that help you for the Thursday game? It doesn't. This is why it's fair to rotate them every team should rotate every year and it evens out. If you think it's some sort of advantage why don't you lobby the NFL to have the patsies play every Thursday game from now on away from NE. See how that goes with BB....
Life isn't always fair, but if the same two teams will always play on Thanksgiving they should he home as they are pulled from their family every year. Imagine of you knew you'd be out of town every other year on a holiday.

I have no issue if Dallas and Detroit were forced to be on the road the Sunday prior and their opponents played at home. That should be the norm for every Thursday game.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the same argument for every TNF game. It's also the same argument for overseas games.
I said it in one of my first posts. This is a debate for the pro/anti TNF schedule. Less rest followed by more rest. Disadvantage vs. advantage:noidea:.
I would bet the #s don't show a big difference vs. wins and losses. Nor do the game plans. It just gives people and players something to bitch about. They're pros, getting paid millions suck it up.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Life isn't always fair, but if the same two teams will always play on Thanksgiving they should he home as they are pulled from their family every year. Imagine of you knew you'd be out of town every other year on a holiday.

I have no issue if Dallas and Detroit were forced to be on the road the Sunday prior and their opponents played at home. That should be the norm for every Thursday game.
But if Dallas doesn't like playing every year on thanksgiving then they should ask the league to stop the tradition. Problem solved. This is a professional league if schedules can be built equally they should be done correctly. Why give any team a disadvantage?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the same argument for every TNF game. It's also the same argument for overseas games.
I said it in one of my first posts. This is a debate for the pro/anti TNF schedule. Less rest followed by more rest. Disadvantage vs. advantage:noidea:.
I would bet the #s don't show a big difference vs. wins and losses. Nor do the game plans. It just gives people and players something to bitch about. They're pros, getting paid millions suck it up.
I'm not against Thursday night football the more games the better but just keep it even. It's not like the NFL can't even it out baseball has to negotiate 165 games with rainouts....

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if Dallas doesn't like playing every year on thanksgiving then they should ask the league to stop the tradition. Problem solved. This is a professional league if schedules can be built equally they should be done correctly. Why give any team a disadvantage?
Never said they don't like it, but if the league has them playing every Thanksgiving they shouldn't be pulled from their families every other year.

I thought the NFL fucked Washington play on Thanksgiving 2 out of 3 years.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not against Thursday night football the more games the better but just keep it even. It's not like the NFL can't even it out baseball has to negotiate 165 games with rainouts....

OK so you're arguing a point over two teams who have sucked over the past two decades. That their schedule of Tday games hadn't netted them any advantage?

Is that what you're arguing?

You do realize how stupid you sound?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said they don't like it, but if the league has them playing every Thanksgiving they shouldn't be pulled from their families every other year.

I thought the NFL fucked Washington play on Thanksgiving 2 out of 3 years.
I think it should definitely be optional for them but they should also be away every other year not necessarily on Thanksgiving though. Unless of course they accept that option because they want to be on the Thanksgiving card one way or another.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK so you're arguing a point over two teams who have sucked over the past two decades. That their schedule of Tday games hadn't netted them any advantage?

Is that what you're arguing?

You do realize how stupid you sound?
It doesn't matter who the teams are you're missing the point again as usual... every team should get a home Thursday night every other year. Schedules should even out for every teams it's not impossible to do so they should do it.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it should definitely be optional for them but they should also be away every other year not necessarily on Thanksgiving though. Unless of course they accept that option because they want to be on the Thanksgiving card one way or another.
Making them play a random away Thursday game = no problem. No way will either team agree to play any Thanksgiving game on the road.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making them play a random away Thursday game = no problem. No way will either team agree to play any Thanksgiving game on the road.
Would make sense to me and I would fight for that if I were them.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter who the teams are you're missing the point again as usual... every team should get a home Thursday night every other year. Schedules should even out for every teams it's not impossible to do so they should do it.
OK I got it.

Then you could whine about playing on Thursday. Got it.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I got it.

Then you could whine about playing on Thursday. Got it.
Again..... One team should not get the advantage of playing at home every year on Thursday. What do you not understand? You must be senile...