• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

eagles pre game

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A question to all Skins fans except dad and dean, who seem to be living in dreamland:

Do any of you think we will be better than 1-4 after our first five games?

If so, please tell me why since I think I live in the real world.

Please don't use words like 'we have potential' because 32 teams have potential to do something miraculous, just give me some solid reasons that we will be better than 1-4.
Since when does expecting good things mean you aren’t living in the “ real world “

Come on man I have given solid reasons . You choose to dismiss them

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you that Gruden doesn't deserve to be fired right now and so does the top brass in the Skins organization which is why he is still our head coach.

However, do you think he will still be our head coach after Week 8 since that's when the first head coach was fired last season? My answer to this question is 'maybe' since some organizations give a longer leash to some head coaches than others do.

It depends how the games go. IF we are competitive and Hopkins blows a game winning Fg, do you still want to fire Gruden? The defense is solid. The offense should be able to move the ball. I don't buy all this doom and gloom crap. We have a very tough schedule the first 4 games. I excited to see what we do against the first three who are all potential playoff teams. Its the NFL dude anything can happen and pre season prediction are mostly wrong. Our team is built to win with a strong defense a solid running game and vet QB. I don't see us getting blown out at all.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when does expecting good things mean you aren’t living in the “ real world “

Come on man I have given solid reasons . You choose to dismiss them

dad, we have agreed on several things concerning the Skins in the past but you seem to be over hyped with what you are reading and with all the tweets you post. You had us going 10-6 last year because of all the hype you bought into and how did that work out? You keep talking about all of this great defense and running game that we are going to have along with an average starting QB when none of this has played even one regular season game together. We all have high hopes for our team going into the games that count but you have lived through all of the Snyder years just like I have and we've both had endless disappointment. Why is this coming season any different until we prove that we belong? I'm just not buying it until we show that we belong! Your solid reasons are not solid at all until they become solid when the games start counting. I've told you that if we are fortunate enough to be 2-3 after our first five games I will be encouraged but still not sold because of our recent history. I've never had a problem admitting I'm wrong when I'm wrong and I'll be the first one here to admit that and congratulate you if and when we prove that we belong but until then I'm going to continue to live in the real world under the ownership of Dan Snyder.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends how the games go. IF we are competitive and Hopkins blows a game winning Fg, do you still want to fire Gruden? The defense is solid. The offense should be able to move the ball. I don't buy all this doom and gloom crap. We have a very tough schedule the first 4 games. I excited to see what we do against the first three who are all potential playoff teams. Its the NFL dude anything can happen and pre season prediction are mostly wrong. Our team is built to win with a strong defense a solid running game and vet QB. I don't see us getting blown out at all.

Gruden's future is based on wins and loses regardless of whether or not Hopkins misses a game winning field goal. It's just a fact of life in the NFL whether it sounds fair or not. How do you know the defense is solid and the offense will be able to move the ball since this group of Redskins has not even played one game together yet that matters? Yes, it looks pretty good on paper just like our last two drafts look but the games are played on the field. Yes, it's the NFL dude and anything can happen but Vegas has a long history of being right many more times than they are wrong or they wouldn't be lighting the sky with millions of dollars in lighting.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dad, we have agreed on several things concerning the Skins in the past but you seem to be over hyped with what you are reading and with all the tweets you post. You had us going 10-6 last year because of all the hype you bought into and how did that work out? You keep talking about all of this great defense and running game that we are going to have along with an average starting QB when none of this has played even one regular season game together. We all have high hopes for our team going into the games that count but you have lived through all of the Snyder years just like I have and we've both had endless disappointment. Why is this coming season any different until we prove that we belong? I'm just not buying it until we show that we belong! Your solid reasons are not solid at all until they become solid when the games start counting. I've told you that if we are fortunate enough to be 2-3 after our first five games I will be encouraged but still not sold because of our recent history. I've never had a problem admitting I'm wrong when I'm wrong and I'll be the first one here to admit that and congratulate you if and when we prove that we belong but until then I'm going to continue to live in the real world under the ownership of Dan Snyder.

the 4 previous years i had us at 6-10 or worse

i am not buying into any hype . the question is , is this team better then last season ? i say yes its one game better , the one game we fell short last season

if you listened , and read about my 10 -6 last season why did i predict that ? it was a BS prediction because of the CDC hype . i predicted his injury and his failure . i said KC would have had us at 10-6 with the same team so CDC would do the same because he was hyped as the next coming and i was told he was better . i theory i didnt buy

over and over again i said if CDC was better he would have us in the NFC title game because i said over and over again KC would win a playoff game hence 2 wins meant NFC title game . does any of this ring a bell ? so you believe my 10-6 was anything more then a screw you to the ABC crowd ? do you remember any of this ?

i said CDC was pedestrian while the ABC crowd proclaimed he was a 1st ballot HOFer . does that raise any question as to whether i believed 10-6 was likely ?

in fact guess what qb i said we should have gotten ? it was case keenum because he could do the same thing as CDC and he was cheaper

now what does compete mean ? does it mean playoffs are for certain ? no it means much like last year we should have a shot until the end . if we get some good breaks we could sneak in , if not we will hover around 500

now why that is buying some unbelievable hype ? why is that unreasonable ? keenum is about what CDC was , our wr corp is about the same , our special teams are about the same , our running game appears to be better , our line is about avg , and our defense should be a top 10 unit our TE's are pretty good . if we stay healthy it could get us the game we were lacking

now if we sneak into the playoffs does that mean " we belong " ? hell no . however to be a perennial contender you have to first get to the dance once in a while

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden's future is based on wins and loses regardless of whether or not Hopkins misses a game winning field goal. It's just a fact of life in the NFL whether it sounds fair or not. How do you know the defense is solid and the offense will be able to move the ball since this group of Redskins has not even played one game together yet that matters? Yes, it looks pretty good on paper just like our last two drafts look but the games are played on the field. Yes, it's the NFL dude and anything can happen but Vegas has a long history of being right many more times than they are wrong or they wouldn't be lighting the sky with millions of dollars in lighting.

by the same token how do you know they are not ? you , me , dean have a 50/ 50 shot at this . just because someone has a more positive outlook doesnt make them less realistic . that is a big fat common misconception and truth be told vegas , and the pundits arent any more in the know then i am . they get their research the same places i get mine . and as the sherff draft showed i was right when that argument was brought forth to me

so yeah if he doesnt make the playoffs or get 10 wins he is gone . its been long enough. all i can say is this team can compete for a WC spot / doesnt mean they make it it just means they can be heard

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be wrong, I didn't think dad predicted 10-6 but instead the playoffs. 8-8 could be the playoffs.

Why they could make the playoffs:
Defense
Running game
Tress Way
TOs

Why they couldn't make the playoffs:
QB
WRs
OL
Duckfoot
TOs

Injuries you or your opponents suffer during the year can't be predicted but could work for or against you.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont buy anything other then he feels case gives them the best chance to win now . dont rush the kid just give him time
I'm not against Haskins sitting at all. I take offence to the notion this was called, "a fair opportunity QB competition" because it wasn't, that's all.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 4 previous years i had us at 6-10 or worse

i am not buying into any hype . the question is , is this team better then last season ? i say yes its one game better , the one game we fell short last season

if you listened , and read about my 10 -6 last season why did i predict that ? it was a BS prediction because of the CDC hype . i predicted his injury and his failure . i said KC would have had us at 10-6 with the same team so CDC would do the same because he was hyped as the next coming and i was told he was better . i theory i didnt buy

over and over again i said if CDC was better he would have us in the NFC title game because i said over and over again KC would win a playoff game hence 2 wins meant NFC title game . does any of this ring a bell ? so you believe my 10-6 was anything more then a screw you to the ABC crowd ? do you remember any of this ?

i said CDC was pedestrian while the ABC crowd proclaimed he was a 1st ballot HOFer . does that raise any question as to whether i believed 10-6 was likely ?

in fact guess what qb i said we should have gotten ? it was case keenum because he could do the same thing as CDC and he was cheaper

now what does compete mean ? does it mean playoffs are for certain ? no it means much like last year we should have a shot until the end . if we get some good breaks we could sneak in , if not we will hover around 500

now why that is buying some unbelievable hype ? why is that unreasonable ? keenum is about what CDC was , our wr corp is about the same , our special teams are about the same , our running game appears to be better , our line is about avg , and our defense should be a top 10 unit our TE's are pretty good . if we stay healthy it could get us the game we were lacking

now if we sneak into the playoffs does that mean " we belong " ? hell no . however to be a perennial contender you have to first get to the dance once in a while

We can talk until we are blue in the face about camp, pre-season, preparation, etc. but it's all meaningless until we see how we perform when the games start counting for real. I have no idea what you predicted prior to a year and a half ago because I wasn't here. I'm simply saying that I hope you're not setting yourself up for more disappointment with the product that we will be putting on the field which has not even played one meaningful game together yet as a total unit. All of us here will be cheering our butts off for our team to succeed or we wouldn't be here discussing our team to begin with.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can talk until we are blue in the face about camp, pre-season, preparation, etc. but it's all meaningless until we see how we perform when the games start counting for real. I have no idea what you predicted prior to a year and a half ago because I wasn't here. I'm simply saying that I hope you're not setting yourself up for more disappointment with the product that we will be putting on the field which has not even played one meaningful game together yet as a total unit. All of us here will be cheering our butts off for our team to succeed or we wouldn't be here discussing our team to begin with.

i am not going to be disappointed if we suck . i mean no team fielding a team this year has played a meaningful game together . why is that even in the conversation ? and saying that why is it that its more "prudent " to think we will suck because we havent played together but not the other 31 teams ?

i dont understand why its so hard to get past we will compete for a playoff spot ? compete doesnt mean we are in . its means we are in the hunt . last year we were in it till week 15 with the disaster injury problems . this team , if we stay healthy , is as good or better then last year and we did compete for a spot ( we ultimately didnt get there)

last , you knew enough to bring up 10-6 for my prediction , but didnt know the truth behind it, yet you used it as evidence to support your claim ? you should research the circumstances before putting it up as some kind of evidence of my past failures

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could be good news , could be our staff is ate the hell up

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We don't know, but im not passing judgement in August.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know, but im not passing judgement in August.

You are correct, we don't know and particularly in August!

We're all just giving our opinions and judgement won't be passed for probably several teams until Week 16 is completed.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he will get the full year