• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles post game 2

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget the Dolphins. Tho Tua has been better with no Oline.

You know what happened with the Chargers and Cincy?

They hit on a QB in the draft (Herbie was NOT touted as the next coming by pundits btw)

That's why we gotta keep swinging

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but lets make $$$ and put fans there anyways then. lolol

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget the Dolphins. Tho Tua has been better with no Oline.

You know what happened with the Chargers and Cincy?

They hit on a QB in the draft (Herbie was NOT touted as the next coming by pundits btw)

That's why we gotta keep swinging

Once again Cali, with all respect, I think you’ve missed it. what these teams did was build talent around their rookie QBs first. Then, they held their ammo until their time was right. So in Cincys case, they stayed with dalton using draft capital to build a solid core team. Of course, this puts you in the bottom of the league many years, but also gives you high draft choices. They didn’t take a QB every year, although what they had was not appreciably better than what we have. But they stuck to their plan and we are watching Burrows develop before our eyes. Buffalo the same. Hell, even the cardinals. Seattle did it with Wilson.
the roadmap to rebuild is there, we just don’t follow it. Every year, it’s the same off-season. We have got to get a qb. Damn the rest of the team. Desperate situations usually make poor results.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again Cali, with all respect, I think you’ve missed it. what these teams did was build talent around their rookie QBs first. Then, they held their ammo until their time was right. So in Cincys case, they stayed with dalton using draft capital to build a solid core team. Of course, this puts you in the bottom of the league many years, but also gives you high draft choices. They didn’t take a QB every year, although what they had was not appreciably better than what we have. But they stuck to their plan and we are watching Burrows develop before our eyes. Buffalo the same. Hell, even the cardinals. Seattle did it with Wilson.
the roadmap to rebuild is there, we just don’t follow it. Every year, it’s the same off-season. We have got to get a qb. Damn the rest of the team. Desperate situations usually make poor results.
the biggest problem is Danny meddling in the draft and simply exisiting- we all know that.

so you're right I guess. we will likely build and build and build...rinse, lather, repeat

in this rebuild scenario...we shouldn't swing for a QB until we have a solid core team - this is where we disagree, I don't think the talent is is far off a group of core guys

keep in mind as a team builds this solid core group of players , if we don't develop and sign them (how we handle Terry will be a signal if this group is ANY different) they will ride off into FA...

the rebuild cannot be 5 years anymore in todays NFL is what Im really saying.

we are going into year 3, RR needs to hit with a viable, competitive QB option next year. or he's gone or a lame duck HC. then its rinse, lather rise repeat, regardless!

roster building is something we have been piss poor at agreed, but you can no longer build a core for 4 years never swinging for a QB

Drafting better, hitting on a QB in the draft and putting players in the position to succeed, remains the only way I see this team turning the corner

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we don’t get is your willingness to reach for a QB again. After that strategy has failed every time.

Every year, qb's are taken too early or too late, and also every year (it seems) there is a qb who rises above or to their draft status.

Mac Jones drafted 15th overall, and the third qb taken overall is outperforming Lawrence and Wilson, picked #1 and #2. He was supposed to be picked third - thoght of as the third best, and some folks thought he was a slight reach for NE. He turned out to be a pretty good pick, which Wilson and Lawrence have struggled.

Hebert and Jackson are two others. So is Tom Brady. Rodgers was picked at the end of his draft's first round. Cousins in the fourth round. Wilson in the third or fourth round. Garroppolo in the second or third. Mahomes in the second.

That's almost 1/3 of the qb's that are starters that were picked "at the incorrect" slot/

That's why the redskins should draft a qb at 9.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They arent QBs. Name one QB we took in the first round in the last 20 years that wasn’t a reach?

I don't know if Ramsey or Campbell were reaches and I'm too lazy to look up if they were.

Haskins was a terrible pick in hindsight, but I don't konw if he was a reach because I don't follow college football.

RG3 was amazing for 1/2 a season. If he learned to slide and had less of an ego he wouln't have been a reach. As it stands, in hindsight, he was a massive reach.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whaaaaaattt?

This is EXACTLY what the WFT has been doing the last few years.

They gave little money to TH or Allen, and a one year deal to Fitzy, and built up the defense and offense over the last two years.

What are you talking about?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is the thing with this teams fan base . they fall in love with falco because of one game buy stupid hype and are let down when reality strikes

i have people commenting on drafts but yet say they dont follow the draft but when people tell you they DO you all dismiss them

i follow the draft and scout the hell out of what i think our needs are

the only guy i would pick in round one this year is pickett . why ? because he is a lot like burrow in the mental aspect of the game . his physical tools like arm , arent the same but his arm can make all the throws . i would pick him if and only if he fell to us .

my personal choice is to draft dean at LB at 9 , and pick strong at qb in the 2nd . strong's only issue is he isnt as mobile as other qbs but he has a cannon for an arm and is accurate

here is another thing about this board and the fan base , we need offensive line depth but fuck BS we can get by with wes . all fine and dandy till injuries hit and then you have ismail's and charles playing and you cant protect the qb

same with the d/line fuck payne and trade him but when you lose CY sweat toohill and JSW then you cant pressure the passer

our defense stinks because of LB play

you know how long a rebuild should take ? AS LONG AS IT HAS TOO putting any timeline on that is dumb and everytime you hire a new HC it starts over

we have pieces on this team our LOS is good tmac is good , our stable of rbs are good , we have 2 solid te's curl is great LC in his role is great generally speaking our cbs are decent . we have a great punter and i think we found a reliable kicker

we also have BU qbs .

the expectations put on david were stupid , DRPOY before he took a OTA snap and you all bought it brown as the # 2 wr and you bought it . i think this draft has promise . cosmi is good , bates is good and i feel like davis brown BSJ will eventually be solid starters or contributors

so i look at out needs and i pick the best player to fill it as it relates to value

if i think dean is the next parsons and picket is the next wentz i go dean . i think strong will be a better version of jones

what happened this year is really simple . making the playoffs had our guys thinking they were better then they were . they sold it to the fan base and instead of really understanding we were a sub 500 team we thought we were NFC title game bound .

i called TH , falco from the beginning and there was a reason for it . i felt he was a BU , a career BU . you want to know why i am mad at CY and sweat ? because they were talking shit about sack records and crap and neither showed they were . and CY wasnt wrecking games before he got hurt

the attitude of the team told me everything

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you didnt break your arm patting yourself on the back as hard and as much as you did, skinsdad.

Jesus. Talk about self-aggrandizement.

Thank god we have somebody like you to keep us pie-in-the-sky folk firmly planted on the ground.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you didnt break your arm patting yourself on the back as hard and as much as you did, skinsdad.

Jesus. Talk about self-aggrandizement.

Thank god we have somebody like you to keep us pie-in-the-sky folk firmly planted on the ground.
i am here for you baby

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles are testing positive a day later with Covid so that means they had to of had it yesterday

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year, qb's are taken too early or too late, and also every year (it seems) there is a qb who rises above or to their draft status.

Mac Jones drafted 15th overall, and the third qb taken overall is outperforming Lawrence and Wilson, picked #1 and #2. He was supposed to be picked third - thoght of as the third best, and some folks thought he was a slight reach for NE. He turned out to be a pretty good pick, which Wilson and Lawrence have struggled.

Hebert and Jackson are two others. So is Tom Brady. Rodgers was picked at the end of his draft's first round. Cousins in the fourth round. Wilson in the third or fourth round. Garroppolo in the second or third. Mahomes in the second.

That's almost 1/3 of the qb's that are starters that were picked "at the incorrect" slot/

That's why the redskins should draft a qb at 9.
So just take a QB at 9, no matter what or who is available?
If all those great QBs you’ve identified above came in later rounds, why not take one with your 2nd or 3rd pick?
And once you have this rookie QBs that we reached for, do you start him?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken Jeong Yes GIF by The Masked Singer

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just take a QB at 9, no matter what or who is available?
If all those great QBs you’ve identified above came in later rounds, why not take one with your 2nd or 3rd pick?
No.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should draft a qb every year till we find one . That doesn’t mean 1st round or 2nd round , but any round where the value warrants the pick

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you take a willis or Strong in round 2-3 or Zappe in round 4-5 , Ridder 4-6

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should draft a qb every year till we find one . That doesn’t mean 1st round or 2nd round , but any round where the value warrants the pick
If we draft a QB in the 1st round, and start the season with TH, Allen and the rookie on the roster...

There will be a few on here clamoring for the rookie to start even though they will talk the talk for about 2 minutes that we should let him develop.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you take a willis or Strong in round 2-3 or Zappe in round 4-5 , Ridder 4-6
I like Strong in the 2nd round if his knee checks out at the combine and Zappe is definitely interesting wanna find out more about his arm strength

Last edited:

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Stop forcing it. Build the rest of the team and play with what you got until how have a real chance at a franchise Qb, either through the draft or FA. Make the team attractive to potential FA QBs like Tampa and the rams did. No FA QB worth anything will be coming here with the state of this team.

But what ever you do, stop reaching for a QB in the first round, as there are no QBs in this draft worth a top 10 pick. In fact, this year, I trade back and pick up 2 later first round picks in exchange. Let some other sucker reach. So I should have 2 new young day one starters at positions of weakness going into 2022. That would be a change of strategy, no?

This is a smart, no brainer move, especially this year when our division mates have extra picks and there appear to be few gamechangers in the first round. However, its exactly why we won't do it. Its tooooo smart, also its possible some organizations don't want to do anything to help us.