• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles players were talking smack to Parkey before kick

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Athletic interviewed players on what was going on right before, during and after the Parkey FG miss. Pretty funny:

Safety Tre Sullivan: “I’ll tell you one thing, my anxiety was through the roof. I couldn’t stop moving. But, you know, I was just hoping that he missed it. Doug froze him with the timeout. It went through, but it looked kind of short. I was like, ‘OK, we got a chance here.'”

Tight end Zach Ertz: “The first one was a little shaky, so I knew we had a chance.”

Wide receiver Alshon Jeffery: “The first one he actually made, so I’m glad coach P called a timeout.”

Left tackle Jason Peters: “I mean, I know Parkey. I know his leg’s not that strong. And I was like, man, just don’t get enough juice on it. He kicked it, Doug called timeout, and it barely went in. I’m like, yeah, he gonna miss the second one. No doubt. He gonna miss it.”

Center Jason Kelce: “I went over to Nick Foles, and I made sure I wanted to tell him, you know, if this is the last time we get to be on the field together that I’m gonna miss ya, bud.”

Wide receiver Nelson Agholor: “I said a prayer.”

Linebacker Jordan Hicks: “Honestly, I thought, I had a lot of confidence thinking we were gonna win the game. Somebody was gonna make a play, he was gonna miss it, something. I didn’t doubt it, honestly.”

Defensive end Chris Long: “I’m an optimist, so I thought it was probably not going in.”

Linebacker Laroy Reynolds: “Yeah, I was out there, man. Field-goal block!”

Hester: “Give it everything you got. This could be the last play of the season.”

Safety Malcolm Jenkins: “I was just talking a lot of trash to Cody Parkey, just hoping that he’d miss it or something.”

Linebacker Nate Gerry: “We were just screaming his name.”

Cornerback Cre’Von LeBlanc: “Miss this bitch! You gotta miss this. Come on, Parkey.”

Reynolds: “Better miss! We was talking crazy out there.”

LeBlanc: “All the distractions that we can.”

Long: “I was just thinking, I’m glad I’m not a kicker and I’d rather do what I do for a living than kick footballs.”

Kelce: “All you can really do at that point is give it to the Football Gods.”

When the ball was snapped on the deciding kick, Hester and fellow defensive tackle Haloti Ngata did their best to penetrate the middle of the Bears’ line. Hester raised his left hand into the air.

Hester: “Just get penetration and get your hands up. That’s what we were taught from the beginning of the year, so that’s what we do. Penetrate, get our hands up and hope for the best. … Threw a hand up in the air, said a prayer to the man upstairs and that thing touched my hand.”

‘Best feeling ever’: The four points of contact that...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miss this bitch! You gotta miss this. Come on, Parkey.

:spit:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the same thing the first guy thought. I said damn that looked short. Normally a 40 yarder is hitting the top of the net. I’m not sure that made it to the net.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have trouble watching our K kick indoors. I couldn’t imagine watching one in the wind , snow, etc.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna remind Eagles fans of this when they release him.

Bwhahaha
I don't see how they can. Wentz has the potential to do what Nick is doing right now. They'd be fucking crazy to let that kind of magic walk away. The fans will string up the coach from Foles's statue!!!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing most people probably don't know: Parkey had been the kicker for the Eagles as a rookie under Chip Kelly. He was actually pretty good. But he suffered a groin tear in between his first and second seasons, and wound up getting cut. He was never really the same player after the groin tear. He tried to play through it at first and may have made it worse.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how they can. Wentz has the potential to do what Nick is doing right now. They'd be fucking crazy to let that kind of magic walk away. The fans will string up the coach from Foles's statue!!!

Trust me man... I know you get it. I’m NOT calling you out by quoting your post. I’m calling out all the fanboys who wanna believe that Wentz will someday be... well... exactly what Foles has been in two seasons now.

I’m not kidding when I say Wentz has to be watching this all unfold and really be questioning himself. That can’t be good!

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me man... I know you get it. I’m NOT calling you out by quoting your post. I’m calling out all the fanboys who wanna believe that Wentz will someday be... well... exactly what Foles has been in two seasons now.

I’m not kidding when I say Wentz has to be watching this all unfold and really be questioning himself. That can’t be good!
Wentz has to be the most miserable guy on the sidelines right now knowing he can't light up the team like Foles can.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz has to be the most miserable guy on the sidelines right now knowing he can't light up the team like Foles can.

Hahaha. Right!!! To make it worse he has to put a good face on.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eagles still refusing to accept their man Foles in favor of "potential" with Wentz. Sad!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Athletic interviewed players on what was going on right before, during and after the Parkey FG miss. Pretty funny:

Safety Tre Sullivan: “I’ll tell you one thing, my anxiety was through the roof. I couldn’t stop moving. But, you know, I was just hoping that he missed it. Doug froze him with the timeout. It went through, but it looked kind of short. I was like, ‘OK, we got a chance here.'”

Tight end Zach Ertz: “The first one was a little shaky, so I knew we had a chance.”

Wide receiver Alshon Jeffery: “The first one he actually made, so I’m glad coach P called a timeout.”

Left tackle Jason Peters: “I mean, I know Parkey. I know his leg’s not that strong. And I was like, man, just don’t get enough juice on it. He kicked it, Doug called timeout, and it barely went in. I’m like, yeah, he gonna miss the second one. No doubt. He gonna miss it.”

Center Jason Kelce: “I went over to Nick Foles, and I made sure I wanted to tell him, you know, if this is the last time we get to be on the field together that I’m gonna miss ya, bud.”

Wide receiver Nelson Agholor: “I said a prayer.”

Linebacker Jordan Hicks: “Honestly, I thought, I had a lot of confidence thinking we were gonna win the game. Somebody was gonna make a play, he was gonna miss it, something. I didn’t doubt it, honestly.”

Defensive end Chris Long: “I’m an optimist, so I thought it was probably not going in.”

Linebacker Laroy Reynolds: “Yeah, I was out there, man. Field-goal block!”

Hester: “Give it everything you got. This could be the last play of the season.”

Safety Malcolm Jenkins: “I was just talking a lot of trash to Cody Parkey, just hoping that he’d miss it or something.”

Linebacker Nate Gerry: “We were just screaming his name.”

Cornerback Cre’Von LeBlanc: “Miss this bitch! You gotta miss this. Come on, Parkey.”

Reynolds: “Better miss! We was talking crazy out there.”

LeBlanc: “All the distractions that we can.”

Long: “I was just thinking, I’m glad I’m not a kicker and I’d rather do what I do for a living than kick footballs.”

Kelce: “All you can really do at that point is give it to the Football Gods.”

When the ball was snapped on the deciding kick, Hester and fellow defensive tackle Haloti Ngata did their best to penetrate the middle of the Bears’ line. Hester raised his left hand into the air.

Hester: “Just get penetration and get your hands up. That’s what we were taught from the beginning of the year, so that’s what we do. Penetrate, get our hands up and hope for the best. … Threw a hand up in the air, said a prayer to the man upstairs and that thing touched my hand.”

‘Best feeling ever’: The four points of contact that...

So many of these are just utter crap. He almost missed the first? It was almost dead center. Doesn't have enough leg? The second one was deflected and still hit halfway up the upright.

Regardless, I'm sure kickers hear this crap all the time.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many of these are just utter crap. He almost missed the first? It was almost dead center. Doesn't have enough leg? The second one was deflected and still hit halfway up the upright.

Regardless, I'm sure kickers hear this crap all the time.

Not crap at all. The first one did not clear the crossbar in the way you’d expect a FG attempt from that distance to clear it. It was down the center but I don’t think it hit the net, which is pretty weak.

All that said, the second kick had the distance for sure but not the accuracy. When a kicker hits a kick shorter than expected (like the first kick), it’s not uncommon for them to try to overkick on the second attempt. And the deflection probably didn’t help.

Oh well. Who gives a shit. Eagles win, baby!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure kickers do hear people talk shit all the time, but I haven't seen reporters capture it before like this, and thought it was pretty funny. I guess whether you think it is funny might depend on who you were rooting for, or whether you kicked or something before.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not crap at all. The first one did not clear the crossbar in the way you’d expect a FG attempt from that distance to clear it. It was down the center but I don’t think it hit the net, which is pretty weak.

All that said, the second kick had the distance for sure but not the accuracy. When a kicker hits a kick shorter than expected (like the first kick), it’s not uncommon for them to try to overkick on the second attempt. And the deflection probably didn’t help.

Oh well. Who gives a shit. Eagles win, baby!

The Eagles have leprechauns up their asses or something. We'll see what that means against the Saints in the dome. If they win that one, something otherworldly is happening here.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a kicker would be the easiest job in the world, until you have those moments where your entire season is on the line and you're either a winner or a dam hated loser.... lol