• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles may try and trade for David Johnson

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched entire games, but from what I've seen Johnson has not been very good this year. Even Kelce wasn't so great for a couple of the games I watched. Both great players, but both not great this year which is what i think Ford's point was, wasn't it?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched entire games, but from what I've seen Johnson has not been very good this year. Even Kelce wasn't so great for a couple of the games I watched. Both great players, but both not great this year which is what i think Ford's point was, wasn't it?

No, his point was Johnson needs to be upgraded cause he’s not good when he isn’t on the juice.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, his point was Johnson needs to be upgraded cause he’s not good when he isn’t on the juice.
How would we know? I don't think he's been off the juice since he was 16

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson would be a heck of a pickup for the Eagles but doubt it happens.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would we know? I don't think he's been off the juice since he was 16

Well he hasn’t been on the juice for 2 season and went first team all pro. Looks mediocre so far but he will bounce back. He was never on juice anyways. It was supplements that are now legal.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it being "only supplements that he has ever used" was his story. I guess if people believe it then he wins. I personally don't believe that's all he's ever used. Every guy that was suspended wasn't using according to them

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it being "only supplements that he has ever used" was his story. I guess if people believe it then he wins. I personally don't believe that's all he's ever used. Every guy that was suspended wasn't using according to them

They reported what he was using and it’s now legal but with that said 99% of them use HGH.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can claim Jones as an expert cap manager if you want but we will be more then fine next year. The difference between the two GMs is one is in trouble because he picked up a young superstar QB and a SB trophy. Jones can barely muster up a simple playoff win and has no star QB.
You just don't get it do you. I only mentioned Jones because he has played with cap hell for years, and never once was he in danger of facing being 20M over the cap, yet even not being that deep in cap hell they still had to take it in the shorts by cutting key players. Let's see how you like cap hell when you HAVE to cut top tier players due to cap problems. That time is near for the Eagles.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can claim Jones as an expert cap manager if you want but we will be more then fine next year. The difference between the two GMs is one is in trouble because he picked up a young superstar QB and a SB trophy. Jones can barely muster up a simple playoff win and has no star QB.

@Manster7588 have no idea what the face palm is about but everything I said was spot on. The Eagles have ZERO cap issues until they resign Wentz. Roseman has been a cap guru since day one. He even was reported in the links I posted went to Law school just to study the cap. That was his niche. There are a lot of excellent players on Philly that deserved big contracts and he spent more than usual last year going ALL IN and it netted them a SB title. Dallas had big cap problems and all it got them was 8-8 year after year. The Eagles are fine... until we resign Wentz. That’s when the problems will start but that’s what happens to teams with star QBs. Happened to Dallas with Romo.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just don't get it do you. I only mentioned Jones because he has played with cap hell for years, and never once was he in danger of facing being 20M over the cap, yet even not being that deep in cap hell they still had to take it in the shorts by cutting key players. Let's see how you like cap hell when you HAVE to cut top tier players due to cap problems. That time is near for the Eagles.

If you consider Chris Long and Nick Foles top tier I don’t know what to say.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Winning is still new to Eagle fans. Certainly you don't expect them to understand the cap. Regardless of how many different hoopsters from different teams try to explain it to them over and over and over again.

BTW did you know Lame Johnson is the best RT in the game and a 1st team all pro. Seems I've heard that somewhere:scratch:
and he never illegal PEDs.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting running back goes down.

Eagles writers: Which all pro RB do we want? We can basically pick whoever we want because we’re the Eagles. Yeah!

Lmfaooo

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning is still new to Eagle fans. Certainly you don't expect them to understand the cap. Regardless of how many different hoopsters from different teams try to explain it to them over and over and over again.

BTW did you know Lame Johnson is the best RT in the game and a 1st team all pro. Seems I've heard that somewhere:scratch:
and he never illegal PEDs.

LOL....this is funny. Winning is not new to the Eagles we have been winning for almost 20+ years. We have have had more success this decade than the Cowboys have had in almost 30 years....

Wait for it.....

The Cowboys have 5 Superbowl rings.....The Eagles have one......:clap:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL....this is funny. Winning is not new to the Eagles we have been winning for almost 20+ years. We have have had more success this decade than the Cowboys have had in almost 30 years....

Wait for it.....

The Cowboys have 5 Superbowl rings.....The Eagles have one......:clap:

I guess it depends on how you measure success. In the past decade 5 trips to the playoffs. Three WC losses, a division loss and a SB win. One SB win in 50 years. Sorry winning is new to the Eagles in most people's mind. Then again you're measuring success against the Cowboys who have sucked for two decades. Next you'll be measuring against the Browns and Jets.

The homer in you is strong little one.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bad game?

Actually - according to people regularly looking at O-line tape - he has been pretty good this season. One time beaten quite badly though.

For one, Lane is basically playing on an island most of the game (line fairly consistently slides away from him) which means rushers have gaps on the inside and outside to use. This means that he cannot preset towards steering the DE/edge rusher inside or outside for most of the game, but has to react to what the rusher is doing. Nor can he preset to defend a bull rush. He is apparently more on an island than just about every tackle in the game.

The one where he got beaten for the strip-sack - ironically - was when the line was supposed to slide towards him (Brooks was supposed to fill up the inside gap), which remained open when Brooks got occupied/stone-walled by the DT.

The Indianapolis game O-line problems were mostly a product of massive and consistent holding by the D-line (Indianapolis finally got called for it late in the game); something the Eagles were pointing out to the refs from the 1st quarter onwards. BTW, that was the opinion of Geoff Schwartz having looked at the game tape.

Last edited:

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it depends on how you measure success. In the past decade 5 trips to the playoffs. Three WC losses, a division loss and a SB win. One SB win in 50 years. Sorry winning is new to the Eagles in most people's mind. Then again you're measuring success against the Cowboys who have sucked for two decades. Next you'll be measuring against the Browns and Jets.

The homer in you is strong little one.

Yes....the homer in me is strong I don't deny it just like the troll in you is strong. I was talking to a Cowboys fan that was talking shit and his has lost every playoff game they have been in this decade and has a playoff record of 1-8 since the last won a Superbowl. I am sure he will make sure we remember they have 5 of them.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, it was actually proven for the second PED violation. No idea for the first one. And quite often you can see a difference in PED levels traced between actually juicing (or most likely juicing) and it being contamination ingested by accident/coincidental to legal medicine use. Something that has come up in other sports (cycling, track and field, swimming) which have a much longer and more extensive track record of going after PED use.

BTW, the bolded simply is not true (though most claim innocence).

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They reported what he was using and it’s now legal but with that said 99% of them use HGH.
They reported one of the things he used and he attributed all to that and he said that's all he used. I don't buy it at all and I totally agree with the bolded. But I'm confused why you have both opinions - that Lane only used those supplements and that a lot of players (even ones not caught cheating) use things they shouldn't