• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles may try and trade for David Johnson

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Lane sucks this year because he's not having as much fun? :noidea:

More likely it's because he can't take banned substances.

He hasn’t taken banned substances in over 2 years and he was able to make 1st team all pro without them.
This is right up there with your Wentz will hurt his arm because of the angle he throws the ball theory.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I mistaken or do they not even check for HGH?

They do - at least in most other sports - but AFAIK the problem is that HGH is actually a bit of an umbrella term, and many types are difficult if not impossible to trace directly at all, or after only a short time. Most indicators are (or at least until very recently were) indirect - and therefore hard to use as basis for a PED suspension.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This part doesn't make sense. I get your point, but a Tackle always has to react to what the rusher is doing and if he ever "presets to defend a bull rush" he is going to get beat like a drum when the DE runs right around him to the outside or gives him a fake or spin move. I don't buy any of that as an excuse for Johnson. He is very athletic and when playing well should be able to slide and react as well as any Tackle in the game. Right now he isn't.

Most tackles have at least one side (inside or outside) that is protected regularly by either chipping players, or the line sliding towards him. Basically, one option for the defender to attack the QB is taken away/seriously limited for a substantial portion of the game (or the whole game). Which means that as a tackle you can focus on taking away the other two options (which is much easier). Lane rarely has that support/aid during the game.

Much easier to block if you have only two options - where if you overset for one, it is fairly easy to recover to block the other if wrong initially - to defend rather than three (where oversetting for one extreme makes recovery for the other extreme all but impossible). Also, the fact that there is support on one side, in many ways eliminates a counter-move for the defending rusher (who, for instance, will spin into the space occupied by the neighbouring guard that has slid over).

Lane's athleticism comes in to play in the fact that he is better than just about every OT in the game in recovering if the opponent goes for a spin or an inside-out move/outside-in. Hence the fact that - apparently - he is left on an island far without additional help far more than just about any OT in the game. On the strip-sack against the Vikings he overset (expecting an outside rusher, as well as inside help) and could not recover when his expectation turned out to be wrong, and the inside help did not arrive. Pretty much his only bad play in the whole game, BTW.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this could be why he is playing so poorly (for him)

Lane Johnson - T - Eagles
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports it will be "difficult" for Lane Johnson (ankle, questionable) to play Thursday night against the Giants.

Johnson was added to the injury report Thursday morning after a lingering high-ankle sprain flared up. Rapoport said Johnson will "do everything he can and test it pre-game," but it is likely he ends up sitting out Thursday's game. Halapoulivaati Vaitai will get the start at right tackle if Johnson cannot play.

Why wouldn't they start future stud LT Jordan Mailata???

Mailata is not ready yet - or at least not to go against pro's. Mailata's potential is off the charts, and his rate of improvement (never played footall until TC) offers hope. His first snap in pre-season was his first snap of football in ANY game ever (that snap went horribly wrong). Mialata might be active tonight though as back-up tackle if Johnson cannot go.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn’t taken banned substances in over 2 years and he was able to make 1st team all pro without them.
This is right up there with your Wentz will hurt his arm because of the angle he throws the ball theory.

Took em a year or so to figure out his new drug the 2nd time too.
And he will hurt his arm. For now he is just inaccurate.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took em a year or so to figure out his new drug the 2nd time too.
And he will hurt his arm. For now he is just inaccurate.

Jesus Ford... I never thought you’d join in with the stupidity of other Cowboy fans. Lane Johnson is 1st team all pro and tested positive for something that is now legal years ago.

70% inaccurate this year. Come on man. The Eagles have their problems. Their secondary is the worst in the league. They have a massive hole at LG. The play calling and lack of discipline (penalties) has been abysmal.
With that said Lane Johnson is the best RT in the game and is 1st team all pro which RTs rarely achieve and Carson Wentz is a flat out star. You are the only one who has ever brought up this nonsense about his delivery is going to ruin his arm.
But I still love you... just not used to you trolling.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Ford... I never thought you’d join in with the stupidity of other Cowboy fans. Lane Johnson is 1st team all pro and tested positive for something that is now legal years ago.

70% inaccurate this year. Come on man. The Eagles have their problems. Their secondary is the worst in the league. They have a massive hole at LG. The play calling and lack of discipline (penalties) has been abysmal.
With that said Lane Johnson is the best RT in the game and is 1st team all pro which RTs rarely achieve and Carson Wentz is a flat out star. You are the only one who has ever brought up this nonsense about his delivery is going to ruin his arm.
But I still love you... just not used to you trolling.
REggie white was a great player at one time too, doesn't mean jack squat now. This season Lane has been average to below. Blame it on whatever you want, but thems the facts.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
REggie white was a great player at one time too, doesn't mean jack squat now. This season Lane has been average to below. Blame it on whatever you want, but thems the facts.

Them ain’t the facts. A guy can have a bad game or two every now and then just like your all pro Guard has been having. He is only 28 and was 1st team all pro last season. He has been struggling a little but he isn’t a liability all game. I’m guessing it his ankle sprain and he might not play tonight. But you don’t write off a 1st team all pro tackle because he’s been only good not dominating while having an ankle injury.
Maybe I should say the exact same thing about Zack Martin having a so so season. I’ll go to the Cowboy board and say Dallas is stupid for not drafting 2 guards (one to replace Martin). Wonder how that would go over.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right tackle Lane Johnson, a 2017 Pro Bowler and an integral piece of the team's Super Bowl LII run, could miss the Eagles' Week 6 game because of a high-ankle sprain, as NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported. The Eagles announced only that Johnson is dealing with an ankle injury on Thursday morning and downgraded him to "questionable" for the Giants game.

According to Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News, Johnson will likely be a true "game-time call."

"Obviously he'll do whatever he can to play," Bowen tweeted. "That's where these Thursday games are tough, (because) he kind of needs more than four days after playing on it Sunday."

Johnson has actually been among the chief culprits of the Eagles' slow offensive start in 2018, allowing strip-sacks of quarterback Carson Wentz in back-to-back weeks. But his absence would be an obvious blow to the depth up front, where second-year swing tackle Halapoulivaati Vaitai would be in line to start at right tackle if Johnson is unable to go. Vaitai has also seen time at left tackle, where longtime starter Jason Peters has taken brief breaks amid his own injuries, so if Johnson is inactive, the Eagles may need to be creative on the edges.

Eagles OT Lane Johnson could miss Thursday night game vs. Giants with high ankle sprain

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know where I can find a 1st team all pro?

I don't need one, asking for a friend and if comes with a fathead:wank:

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Them ain’t the facts. A guy can have a bad game or two every now and then just like your all pro Guard has been having. He is only 28 and was 1st team all pro last season. He has been struggling a little but he isn’t a liability all game. I’m guessing it his ankle sprain and he might not play tonight. But you don’t write off a 1st team all pro tackle because he’s been only good not dominating while having an ankle injury.
Maybe I should say the exact same thing about Zack Martin having a so so season. I’ll go to the Cowboy board and say Dallas is stupid for not drafting 2 guards (one to replace Martin). Wonder how that would go over.

you'd get banned from the Cowboys board, fuck face.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they can run... they just don’t. The OLine has been good at run blocking but bad at pass protection. We definitely aren’t close to Seattle in the secondary department. I think the turn it around but the Giants play us tough

Possibly true with the run/pass ratio being out of whack

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a fan of the team that got destroyed by Philly in last season's NFC championship game, thus costing us a home Superbowl appearance in our 2nd most successful season in franchise history - I really don't understand all the saltiness towards Philly ITT. Let them have their moment in the sun before we write them off as destined to suck for the foreseeable future. At least they're not like Seahawks fans where 90% of their internet fan base presence appeared out of thin air in 2012 and then vanished like a fart in the wind by 2016.

Still here :wave: