• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles may try and trade for David Johnson

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooooh. I don’t think they are in trouble being 20 million over next year but I do think things will be severely impacted when Wentz resigns. No getting around $200,000,000

Those guys that you think can just be cut to get below the cap, do they not contribute this year?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are getting Ezekiel Elliott!

Dude I wish that were true. I can't even fathom what the return to Dallas would be. I'll deal with facing him twice a year for the next decade if it means we get all your picks for a couple of years.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it were just this last week then that might be the case. It's been all season.

Jesus dude he’s the best RT in the NFL. 1st team all pro. First it was Dak is slightly better then Wentz, now a 1st team All Pro is just an average player that needs to be upgraded. He has given up a few bad plays this year but he is probably our 2nd or 3rd best player. Yes, he had a bad game last week but he is the best RT in football. Players have bad games in their career.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tbh havent checked this seasons grades

He has been mediocre the last two games. He gave up a sack that led to a fumble back to back weeks. He is still a star and the best RT in the game.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been mediocre the last two games. He gave up a sack that led to a fumble back to back weeks. He is still a star and the best RT in the game.
well if 40% of the games this year hes sucked, hes not grading out thsi year as tops, just honest answer.........

gurley has dominated, he was and is the best back........every game

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on the cap. If a team wants to spend money, they can rework deals, convert bonuses and extend players for a decade before really having to bite the bullet, and if teams don't want to spend, they simply say they have no cap space.
Problem is the more you shovel contracts around the deeper you get into cap hell, and eventually have to cut key personnel. Case in point Demarcus Ware. As a Cowboys I know you can play and manage the cap for years, but it handcuffs you in the future. If anything I could claim Steven Jones is a expert cap manager, as he has played the cap shell game for years.

This next off season the Eagles will have to cut 3 or 4 players to get cap even. They will have to make additional cuts to sign draft picks. Add into the equation they are set to be 20M over with only 41 players under contract. Therefore after cutting 5 or 7 players and signing their draft picks the are caped out but they are still 10 players short of a whole roster.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those guys that you think can just be cut to get below the cap, do they not contribute this year?

Foles, Jernigan, our safety who is out for the year equal over 30 million in savings.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if 40% of the games this year hes sucked, hes not grading out thsi year as tops, just honest answer.........

gurley has dominated, he was and is the best back........every game

He totally isn’t playing great... especially the last 2 weeks. He’s been dominant his entire career though.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus dude he’s the best RT in the NFL. 1st team all pro. First it was Dak is slightly better then Wentz, now a 1st team All Pro is just an average player that needs to be upgraded. He has given up a few bad plays this year but he is probably our 2nd or 3rd best player. Yes, he had a bad game last week but he is the best RT in football. Players have bad games in their career.

Lol. He’s not anywhere near being the best

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is the more you shovel contracts around the deeper you get into cap hell, and eventually have to cut key personnel. Case in point Demarcus Ware. As a Cowboys I know you can play and manage the cap for years, but it handcuffs you in the future. If anything I could claim Steven Jones is a expert cap manager, as he has played the cap shell game for years.

This next off season the Eagles will have to cut 3 or 4 players to get cap even. They will have to make additional cuts to sign draft picks. Add into the equation they are set to be 20M over with only 41 players under contract. Therefore after cutting 5 or 7 players and signing their draft picks the are caped out but they are still 10 players short of a whole roster.

You can claim Jones as an expert cap manager if you want but we will be more then fine next year. The difference between the two GMs is one is in trouble because he picked up a young superstar QB and a SB trophy. Jones can barely muster up a simple playoff win and has no star QB.