• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles may try and trade for David Johnson

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never juiced, just twice was busted taking banned PEDs. Since being back he grades as average, while before each suspension he graded well above average.

The second time was not using PED's, it was taking polluted vitamin pills containing trace elements of PED's. Which were actually approved by the League/NFLPA, BTW.

Had he gone to the local butcher in Texas, and gotten some steak, odds are he could have tested positive for PED's as well.

As for Goedert, doesn't matter if he is serviceable. You reached for a TE when you already had a great one at the expense of OL.

It was no reach, and another weapon for Wentz. Note the importance of 2 TE sets for Philly in their scheme. Yes, I would have liked them to address O-line, but I can see where they got Goedert from. And - arguably - it is easier today to coach up O-line talent than finding high calibre weapons on offense, especially TE (which BTW says more about the gap between NFL and College for O-line play than anything else).

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far they really haven't done much kicking the can down the road. I know they restructured Cox, but I don't know the details of that. Drafting well will absolutely be the key.

That part of your comments are great key point. Here is the thing. In today's NFL you cannot build a championship team via free agency. On top of that if you are very good at drafting it could bite you in the ass well because teams would have one epic draft where all the key components would come due for contracts all at once and you are having to make very tough choices. Take the Legion of Boom for instance. The most important components of that group was drafted over 2 seasons (2010 -2011) and they were not just good they were all pro. Then Russell Wilson was drafted in 2012. So you have serious All-Pro Defenders and a franchise QB all coming due for contracts within a couple years of each other. They could not sign everyone. Which is why there is so much parity in the NFL.

I can see the comparison with Seattle and Philly from a salary cap perspective. The Eagles have a franchise QB that is going to get a contract probably close to Aaron Rodgers money at $35 mil plus per year. We also have other good players that will eventually need to be signed as well. They are going to have do some serious cap management but this is not something new to them. They have been doing this for years.

Drafting is how the Eagles and any other playoff team will need to be good at to remain relevant. The Eagles are not going to be able to sign everyone. It is not possible in today's salary cap era. The only way a team can stay good for longer than a small window is by drafting well....all the time. That is hard to do.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never juiced, just twice was busted taking banned PEDs. Since being back he grades as average, while before each suspension he graded well above average.
As for Goedert, doesn't matter if he is serviceable. You reached for a TE when you already had a great one at the expense of OL.
Lane Johnson was a machine last year. He looked like dog Shit on Sunday. I'm sure whatever vitamins he was taking he found replacement vitamins anyway. Insignificant.

Which available rookie OL would be better at OL than Goedert is at TE? That's a wash at best. We did lose two TEs in the off-season. We only had 1 and like to use 3.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe you talk about your fellow Eagle fans like that. But I agree. They all need to knock this "we have a smurt GM" because that GM has tied your hands for the next couple of years at least. You won't be able to go after FA's and you apparently are intent on trading your draft picks. DOH
They said this about the Eagles for the last 2 years. It's still not true because GMs (and apparently especially Howie Roseman for some reason) can use any trick of contractual language they want to create more cap room. THIS ALREADY HAPPENED.

And you better believe I'll say that about my fellow Eagles fans because I already said all this last year to them when this ALREADY ALL HAPPENED for the second time.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said this about the Eagles for the last 2 years. It's still not true because GMs (and apparently especially Howie Roseman for some reason) can use any trick of contractual language they want to create more cap room. THIS ALREADY HAPPENED.

And you better believe I'll say that about my fellow Eagles fans because I already said all this last year to them when this ALREADY ALL HAPPENED for the second time.
nut hanging on by a thread

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What are you talking about. He’s known as the best Right Tackle in football, gave up one sack last year and was all pro. Grades as average? You are 100% completely wrong.

We “reached” for a TE? He looked incredible in the preseason and we run a 2 TE set. I’m completely pumped we got him. We have a LT in training they are sky high on. You’re being terribly biased.
Lane Johnson serviceable. Hilarious
1st team all pro is average? No, he’s the best RT in football.

Last edited:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lane Johnson was a machine last year. He looked like dog Shit on Sunday. I'm sure whatever vitamins he was taking he found replacement vitamins anyway. Insignificant.

Which available rookie OL would be better at OL than Goedert is at TE? That's a wash at best. We did lose two TEs in the off-season. We only had 1 and like to use 3.

He said he graded out as average (Lane Johnson). He was absolutely incredible and all pro. Graded out as average... Jesus man. 1st team all pro! Oh, and the supplement he was banned for is now legal.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His nonchalant attitude about how the Eagles will have no salary cap issues.

It's funny

Ooooh. I don’t think they are in trouble being 20 million over next year but I do think things will be severely impacted when Wentz resigns. No getting around $200,000,000

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooooh. I don’t think they are in trouble being 20 million over next year but I do think things will be severely impacted when Wentz resigns. No getting around $200,000,000

I don't think it will be $200 mil unless it is a 6 year deal. I am thinking about $30-35 mil per year but the guaranteed money I think will be around $100 mil. I do hope they sign his deal before Goff signs his.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it will be $200 mil unless it is a 6 year deal. I am thinking about $30-35 mil per year but the guaranteed money I think will be around $100 mil. I do hope they sign his deal before Goff signs his.

I’m sure they’ll want to lock him up for more than 3 years. Let’s just settle at 10 years 300,000,000. :)

Ohhh... lets forfeit a year and use the entire 170,000,000 salary cap on Wentz. Then we can comeback the following year with a franchise QB and only have him count as 5 mill per year.