• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles camp

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf is it with Riley Cooper? Dumb ass making racist slurs on video? JFC dude. Will not be surprised if the Eagles cut ties with him. Kelly, Roseman. and Lurie will not take this well at all.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf is it with Riley Cooper? Dumb ass making racist slurs on video? JFC dude. Will not be surprised if the Eagles cut ties with him. Kelly, Roseman. and Lurie will not take this well at all.

I say we cut him today. He's not even as good as Hank was.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say, how you discipline him is lock him the locker room with the team.

Apparently the team already talked it out, everything is cool. He is forgiven.

Still think he deserves a punch to the face though.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh no a racial slur... Give me a break... Many people say the word, when they are pissed off or insulting people. Not saying its appropriate but I think the situation is blown out of proportion.

What is amazing... Professional athletes are stupid enough to let their guard down in public... as every movement and word they say is recorded.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no a racial slur... Give me a break... Many people say the word, when they are pissed off or insulting people. Not saying its appropriate but I think the situation is blown out of proportion.

What is amazing... Professional athletes are stupid enough to let their guard down in public... as every movement and word they say is recorded.

Yep, gotta realize they live their life in a fish bowl now. Everyone has eyes on them, and in this day and age with social media/camera phones. You're a pro, you will be seen in public and everyone else will know about it.

Maximilian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think if Cooper stays on the team, when they start playing games that other players will take cheap shots at him?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think if Cooper stays on the team, when they start playing games that other players will take cheap shots at him?

Probably not, by the time season starts up people will have probably forgotten about the comment, in the big picture of things, there are other NFL players doing a lot worse this off-season that what Cooper idiotically said.

Overall, he's just a douche and now his peers see it and he is probably realizing it.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Professional athletes.

Cooper is not even close to being a professional, even before he opened his mouth..

I got a feeling that word is used on the field too, they all talk trash and I'm sure someone has been foolish enough to use the same word...

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was such a big deal then "the word" should not be used as common as using the word dude! It's common in lyrics in music today, its common to hear it used in a conversation on the street, it's just used without having a racial derogatory theme in general on a daily basis in todays culture unfortunately. Rewatch the video of him going off and substitute "the word" with "dude" or even "MF'er" for that matter it has the same effect! In Riley's case it a matter of circumstance and environment in which his job works, he works in a job where I'm pretty sure that name is being used very frequently on and off the field, so to him it's commonplace to hear and more then likely he has used it on the field a few times as well, as would be expected from people who talk shit before and after plays. I would even go out on a limb and say a majority of shit talking white guys in the league use "the name" directed at black guys when a good shit talking match happens and he gets a pass because it's part of the culture of the sport. Also what's the likelihood of hearing a song being blasted at one of chips practices one day that has "the word" in the lyrics, are they gonna run over to the DJ and have him turn it off??? Hell no! This along with Paula Dean from 20 years ago is being blown way outta proportion! Get a grip people and move on, it's 2013 not 1960!

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries all around. Jason Peters is still not practicing, Kelce now is out. What is up with these guys? Do they need stay in shape during the off-season? You can bet that this time next year they will all come into camp in very good Shape. Chip isn't going to let this fly.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries all around. Jason Peters is still not practicing, Kelce now is out. What is up with these guys? Do they need stay in shape during the off-season? You can bet that this time next year they will all come into camp in very good Shape. Chip isn't going to let this fly.

This is exactly why I wanted a draft about OL.... I know the defense need postions, but jesus this unit needed a huge push with depth.....

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, did the same at Oregon. Maybe from time to time he would do tackling to the ground (because he didn't have pre-season games to do that) So of course his players needed to take others to the ground, but in this case he has preaseason games to do it.

Honestly, do not be concerned with the D. Jerry Azzinaro is a genius in his own field here. McNabb you can vouche for me when I say he is, because when he arrived in Eugene, he made Alliotti look like a GREAT DC. Eagle fans may not know this, but Alliotti has been attempted ot be run out of Eugene for years for being a bad DC, but since Azzinaro arrived he made Oregons defense awesome.

Kelly says no need to tackle to ground in practice because of pre-season games. I like the move, it teaches the fundamentals of tackling and breaking it down step by step, and then you get to go out and do it in pre-season games. PLUS, these are pro's they've been tackling for their entire lives. I think they are fine limiting it in Fall camp practices.

Well after seeing the first preseason game so far, I can see that Chip's plan sure did work. By not allowing tackles in practice, the Pats steam rolled the eagles with 6 plays and a TD. There was not D and lots of missed tackles. Hopefully Vick can stay healthy.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not like Cary Williams and my guess is he wont be on this team much longer. Seems like a total douche. Lots of talking for someone who rarely has practiced and hasn't played yet.

Let's not for get his stupid comments that Riley Coopers comments were bigger than the season.