• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles camp

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started today, love Chips liner about the depth chart, "Our depth chart is written in sand."

Gotta LOVE the dude. Classic Chipism.

Anyways, following the Philly beat writers on twitter, they seem disgusted with Chip because he lets the fans into watch practice, but kept the media out early on. I don't follow much Philly news other than the eagle writers on twitter. But is chip not well liked so far by Philly media? I know Philly media can be a tough group and I know Chip can be a tough guy, so that battle will be entertaining to watch.

But cant wait for Aug 9th to see the first preseason game vs Patriots.

My guess is Vick gets starts role early on, if it doesn't work out by week 4 chip makes the change to Foles.

But I wont be surprised at all to see Foles win the starting job by week 1.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard any of the media bash Chip or say they don't like him. In fact, it is quite the opposite. Most consider him a breath of fresh air. They like his sarcasm.

Also, I don't think Vick will be on this team come regular season.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard any of the media bash Chip or say they don't like him. In fact, it is quite the opposite. Most consider him a breath of fresh air. They like his sarcasm.

Also, I don't think Vick will be on this team come regular season.

Interesting about Vick, why do you say? Eagles cut? Vick leaves? If Vick is out of race who do you see as the starter?

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting about Vick, why do you say? Eagles cut? Vick leaves? If Vick is out of race who do you see as the starter?

Vick just isn't a good enough QB. His only strengths are his speed, and his rocket arm (even though he isn't accurate). I don't care how good Chip Kelly is..... He isn't gonna get Vick to stop turning the ball over, make the right reads, be accurate, nor stay healthy.

Eagles will cut or trade Vick, but most likely cut. Foles will be the starter for at least this year.

pghkid

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree. I think this offense is made for Vick. His injuries over the past two years were due to NO protection. Kelly will take care of that.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as the QB spot is a hot topic I believe its the defense that needs to be the hot topic. Lets face it they lost last season cause of this unit...

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Vick fits Kelly's system really well. It will be whether or not Vick can stay healthy, or if he is too old to still run as well as he has in the past.

But as far as making Vick better, Kelly came in and in one season made Dennis Dixon a Heisman candidate, before Kelly coached Dixon, Dixon was absolutely terrible, and was very close to quitting football and going pro in baseball because he wasn't going to be the starter at Oregon anymore.

I know NFL is different to compare to College QB coaching, but nonetheless, I think Kelly could coach up Vick. In his offense it is all about making the split second decision.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree. I think this offense is made for Vick. His injuries over the past two years were due to NO protection. Kelly will take care of that.

What about EVERY year before that. Vick is injury prone. You can blame the line for his struggles all you want, but his whole career is shit AS A QB. He is athletic and a very good runner with a rocket arm, but sucks AS A QB.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about EVERY year before that. Vick is injury prone. You can blame the line for his struggles all you want, but his whole career is shit AS A QB. He is athletic and a very good runner with a rocket arm, but sucks AS A QB.

I would agree with on this one and it started all the way back with the Falcons. I really hope Nick Foles wins the job for you guys, I think he is going to be a pretty solid QB one day.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Vick fits Kelly's system really well. It will be whether or not Vick can stay healthy, or if he is too old to still run as well as he has in the past.

But as far as making Vick better, Kelly came in and in one season made Dennis Dixon a Heisman candidate, before Kelly coached Dixon, Dixon was absolutely terrible, and was very close to quitting football and going pro in baseball because he wasn't going to be the starter at Oregon anymore.

I know NFL is different to compare to College QB coaching, but nonetheless, I think Kelly could coach up Vick. In his offense it is all about making the split second decision.

I have 2 problems with what you said......

Isn't part of Kelly's system for a QB to be accurate, be able to make the right reads, get rid of the ball quickly, and not turn the ball over? Because Vick SUCKS at all them things. No, he isn't just below average or average at them things and can be made better. HE SUCKS at all them things. Vick also isn't a 20 year old college QB that can be taught. Vick is a 33 year old 12 year NFL vet that has NEVER learned.

The other part is, if Kelly is that good at making QBs good...... Why start with one that is bad to start with? Why not start with one that is already accurate, can read defenses, and make quick decisions? And why does everyone feel just because Vick has speed that he is the perfect fit? Kelly could have drafted many QBs with speed. He drafted one without it though.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know I'm a fan of a division rival, but I hate to see stuff like this. Speedy recovery, Jeremy.

Last edited by a moderator:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Come on OD, you actually think Vick can be "coached up" in split second decisions? This guy has turned the ball over so much the last three seasons , when he's healthy and on the field running the west coast offense...

Personally I think Chipper is setting him as the fall guy, OL needs work and time, so why not run Vick out there then let Foles sit back and watch and study, line gets better, Vick is hurt by week three enter Foles...

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Vick doesn't get the starting job I could see him throwing a drama fit and skipping town.

I don't like Vick, for personal reasons and don't want to see him be the starter, but thought athletically eh fits the system the best. I thought they would at least give him a shot to start things off, but from the sounds of it, Foles seems to be doing decent early on here.

maclin news is unfortunate, hope for a speedy recovery.

Eagles signed former New Hampshire WR Bell today. Dude broke randy moss' D1-AA record in receiving while at NH under Kelly.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Vick doesn't get the starting job I could see him throwing a drama fit and skipping town.

There would be one hell of a party in Philly if he did leave town.. He can make all the drama in the world, bottomline is new coaching staff so change is gonna happen, he can whine but nobody is gonna listen..

Sucks about Mac, plus wasn't this a contract year for him???

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There would be one hell of a party in Philly if he did leave town.. He can make all the drama in the world, bottomline is new coaching staff so change is gonna happen, he can whine but nobody is gonna listen..

Sucks about Mac, plus wasn't this a contract year for him???

Yeah it was........ I think he will be back at least 1 year though. Probably his best option. Since he is gonna be out for the season...... No one is gonna risk big dollars or big years on him if they aren't sure he is healthy, so I think he will end up being back in Philly on a 1 year deal next year. I would rather have Maclin than D-Jax.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am gonna be heading to the 1st Eagles camp at the Linc in a little bit..... 1st open to the public and 1st with contact. I will be back to report anything noteworthy.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am gonna be heading to the 1st Eagles camp at the Linc in a little bit..... 1st open to the public and 1st with contact. I will be back to report anything noteworthy.

Nice take good notes....watch that 'D' I want to see Philly with a dominate defense again...

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am stoked to see the Eagles D-Line. Azzinaro is a GEM. A GEM of a line coach and defensive coach. The dude knows how to coach up players and get them flying around, I expect he will do just fine in Philly, definitely an improvement over last years squad.

I too see MAclin coming back for another year. Chip will keep him, as long as he has that speed he has a job in Philly.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am stoked to see the Eagles D-Line. Azzinaro is a GEM. A GEM of a line coach and defensive coach. The dude knows how to coach up players and get them flying around, I expect he will do just fine in Philly, definitely an improvement over last years squad.

Defense went to crap when Jim Johnson passed away, the guy could take an average defensive player and turn him into a star, that's been one of the biggest disappointments the past couple of seasons, all those years of JJ in Philly none of those other coaches paid attention or picked his brain....

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think youll be disappointed with Azzinaro. Dude made Allioti look like a genius DC.