• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles camp

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing big to report.......

Offense didn't look particularly good. A couple good plays here and there, but the D actually seemed to be covering them pretty well, although I think some of the plays might have been flagged for Defensive PI in a real game.

The best pass of the day came at the hands of Dennis Dixon....... A nice over the shoulder bomb for like 60 yards and a TD to D-Jax. D-Jax had a couple nice plays. Avant also looked good. Shady had a couple nice runs. It was also funny to see Nick Foles run the option..... He actually kept the ball and ran it himself a couple times. He got a few yards too.

The thing I was disappointed in was that this was supposed to be their first contact practice, but there was absolutely no tackling, and barely any contact. I figured there would be more. I would like to see it more live to get a better feel.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too worried about the Eagles O...

Yea, the QB will be an interesting choice. The longer Vick is sharing the #1 team reps the more likely he will not be on the team come the start of the season.

I am really worried, about the Defense. It won't matter if the eagles toss up 30+ points a game if the D can't keep their opponents from scoring.

pghkid

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Kelly's offense was about speed. If Foles is the starter at qb, he will probably wear high top football shoes like Johnny Unitas. Vick is the only present qb who can run this system. Some of you have to get on board with the new offense. It was made for Vick.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Kelly's offense was about speed. If Foles is the starter at qb, he will probably wear high top football shoes like Johnny Unitas. Vick is the only present qb who can run this system. Some of you have to get on board with the new offense. It was made for Vick.

Foles can run the uptempo style of play. He did a little of that at Arizona. The only person that this system doesn't fit is Barkley.

As far contact in practice..Dont know if Eagles will do A LOT of it, maybe some from time to time, but Chip didn't do much contact in practice while at Oregon. Unsure if that style will carry to the NFL as well.

You guys are going to see so many different unconventional things from Chip, that you may be left scratching your head. But trust me, the dude knows what he is doing. You'll be satisfied with his results.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be no tackling to the ground in practices during Eagles camp, Chip says that is what preseason games are for. Also, teaches better fundamentals in practice without tacking someone to the ground. And of course, prevents injuries.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must say that his practices were pretty unique...... There was never anyone stopping or standing around really. Music was blaring and when the timer counted down for that session, a recording came over the PA announcing the next session and everyone immediately went to their stations. I didn't see any smoothies though, but maybe they were kept in the locker room for afterwards.

I am surprised to see you say OD that Barkley really doesn't fit the system at all, especially when Chip drafted him. Unless Chip really didn't have a say. There has got to be something Chip saw that he liked.

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must say that his practices were pretty unique...... There was never anyone stopping or standing around really. Music was blaring and when the timer counted down for that session, a recording came over the PA announcing the next session and everyone immediately went to their stations. I didn't see any smoothies though, but maybe they were kept in the locker room for afterwards.

I am surprised to see you say OD that Barkley really doesn't fit the system at all, especially when Chip drafted him. Unless Chip really didn't have a say. There has got to be something Chip saw that he liked.

Yeah, Chip liked Barkley picking his Oregon team apart when they played USC. :lol:

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be no tackling to the ground in practices during Eagles camp, Chip says that is what preseason games are for. Also, teaches better fundamentals in practice without tacking someone to the ground. And of course, prevents injuries.

This is a dumb move. While I understand you don't want your guys to get hurt in practice, but by not tackling in practice is bad advice. I can't remember which team it was last year who decided to do the same thing but when the season started, they missed all kinds of easy tackles.

Did he do the same when he was coaching Oregon?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far contact in practice..Dont know if Eagles will do A LOT of it, maybe some from time to time, but Chip didn't do much contact in practice while at Oregon. Unsure if that style will carry to the NFL as well..

I don't know if I like that?? This team, (defense) 95% of their problem last season was they missed to many tackles and didnt know who to wrap up ....

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a dumb move. While I understand you don't want your guys to get hurt in practice, but by not tackling in practice is bad advice. I can't remember which team it was last year who decided to do the same thing but when the season started, they missed all kinds of easy tackles.

Did he do the same when he was coaching Oregon?

I don't know if I like that?? This team, (defense) 95% of their problem last season was they missed to many tackles and didnt know who to wrap up ....

Yes, did the same at Oregon. Maybe from time to time he would do tackling to the ground (because he didn't have pre-season games to do that) So of course his players needed to take others to the ground, but in this case he has preaseason games to do it.

Honestly, do not be concerned with the D. Jerry Azzinaro is a genius in his own field here. McNabb you can vouche for me when I say he is, because when he arrived in Eugene, he made Alliotti look like a GREAT DC. Eagle fans may not know this, but Alliotti has been attempted ot be run out of Eugene for years for being a bad DC, but since Azzinaro arrived he made Oregons defense awesome.

Kelly says no need to tackle to ground in practice because of pre-season games. I like the move, it teaches the fundamentals of tackling and breaking it down step by step, and then you get to go out and do it in pre-season games. PLUS, these are pro's they've been tackling for their entire lives. I think they are fine limiting it in Fall camp practices.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what is pissing me off. NFL officials are telling the Eagles "not too fast" to their tempo. wtf.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see some Eagles posters on here. Btw, not trying to get off track here, but I really would like to make a deal w Buffalo to get Byrd on this roster. That would be a very sweet secondary. I wonder if the Bills would deal Byrd? He is not reporting to camp and will remain out. I'm thinking a 2nd rounder? Possibly a 1st, but I doubt it.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what is pissing me off. NFL officials are telling the Eagles "not too fast" to their tempo. wtf.

Lol. It's not just the Eagles that are running an up temp offense? A few teams are running this style of offense. Heck the Pats have been doing it for years now. Geez!

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. It's not just the Eagles that are running an up temp offense? A few teams are running this style of offense. Heck the Pats have been doing it for years now. Geez!

Chip's system is faster than the Patriots. And it is constant, Pats use it from time to time in games.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I heard that today and I was pissed too, as well as shocked. I am surprised they could get away with that. Apparently they can though. That is bullshit.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McNabb you can vouche for me when I say he is, because when he arrived in Eugene, he made Alliotti look like a GREAT DC.

I got you kid, yes the man did make a huge difference for the Ducks, there were a very talent front, and they do tackle....

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Payton Manning rule, yes Pats run the up tempo offense, but this goes back to Manning in Indy, he one year where he got in officals faces about getting the ball down quicker ....

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see some Eagles posters on here. Btw, not trying to get off track here, but I really would like to make a deal w Buffalo to get Byrd on this roster. That would be a very sweet secondary. I wonder if the Bills would deal Byrd? He is not reporting to camp and will remain out. I'm thinking a 2nd rounder? Possibly a 1st, but I doubt it.

I wouldnt this year, they need the draft picks, if there missing one starting corner to make the team a playoff caliber team, then sure, but there not even close....

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got you kid, yes the man did make a huge difference for the Ducks, there were a very talent front, and they do tackle....

not to mention he converted players into STUD defenders. Dion Jordan was a TE out of HS. Converted him to D-Line. Look at him now.

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was surprised to read about that too. It will be interesting if the NFL allows the refs to control the pace of the game.