• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles at Redskins Week 15

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lurie has to get a real personnel expert in here, so we can draft like the ravens, Packers, and Steelers, and also make the best free agent moves.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to miss some of the second half today so was watching the highlights. Damn Sanders looked good. We haven’t had a guy this shifty since Shady. And the speed on that long run, wow!

I am just going to say on that TD to him in the corner Wentz was going to him the whole time. If he was going for JJAW he would have expected him to go up and make a play. Come on....we all know the guys not doing that. Lol

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something that may be lost in this victory is just how awful the defense actually was today. The Redskins who have the worst scoring offense in the NFL scored 27 points today. What makes this so bad is the time of possession gap. The Eagles had the ball for 37 minutes to the Redskins 23 minutes.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something that may be lost in this victory is just how awful the defense actually was today. The Redskins who have the worst scoring offense in the NFL scored 27 points today. What makes this so bad is the time of possession gap. The Eagles had the ball for 37 minutes to the Redskins 23 minutes.

And that highlights the challenge next week. We need to control clock solidly. We did that today, and showed this offense can take long drives. But even though we left less time for Washington they scored almost at will.

It’s going to be interesting/nerve wracking next weekend.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys will shred this defense next week. I just hope our offense can keep up and stick to the run game. We just need to score and keep the Girls offense off the field to win imo.

With the game in Philly I think we will have a fighting chance ... The D needs to get up for this game though. If they play like they did today, the Pokes will score 35+

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we are playing a meaningful game next week ... It's all playoff football for us moving forward. Lose and we're done.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know....I didn’t really see any of that “don’t give a shit” malaise today. Being able to play as whole units at a top level for four quarters isn’t going to happen with this team due to talent, not attitude.
On the post game show, Seth Joyner said that the defense didn't play with very much intensity. He particularly pointed out Fletcher Cox. There must have been others also. Washington did have quite a few easy scores.
Oh Well. We'll see how they play against Dallas.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the post game show, Seth Joyner said that the defense didn't play with very much intensity. He particularly pointed out Fletcher Cox. There must have been others also. Washington did have quite a few easy scores.

Maybe so. I’m just going by what I saw in broadcast. For all I knew Cox was being doubled all game. He was quiet for sure, and that’s not a talent issue there.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so. I’m just going by what I saw in broadcast. For all I knew Cox was being doubled all game. He was quiet for sure, and that’s not a talent issue there.

When it comes to Fletcher Cox talent definitely is not the issue. In all honesty the best part of the defense is the defensive line and Jim Schwartz has not figured out how to use that to his advantage. Teams are leaving an extra blocker in so Cox can be double team. Add the dumb ass wide 9 pass rush we use and it makes it more difficult to get to the QB. I think Cox is frustrated because of the defensive scheme we are using.

I have been one of the biggest advocates for Schwartz being fired and his performance this year only solidifies my thought of his being fired. For the past two years the excuse is that he did not have any talent in the secondary. I now call bullshit on that. While I am not going to sit here and say that we don't have a secondary full of pro bowlers they are not as bad as the numbers show. Often when they are getting beat in man coverage it is all about technique. Jalen Mills for the most part seems to have done a good job of staying with his man but never seems to be able to make the play. He is there but his technique is poor.

Then there is the issue with tackling. I don't think there is a team in the NFL that tackles as poor as the Eagles. Then there is the constant zone calls on obvious passing situations. We make average at best QB's look all world. I put that on Jim Schwartz.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cox hasn’t done anything since he got his monster contract. Imagine that

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won the fucking Super Bowl, wahoo.

The only thing that actually matters, he fucking did it for us, and you are going to say some dumb shit like that? Come on!

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Going to have to disagree with you there. Cox has had no help and he gets double teamed just about every play. I don;'t think there is an offensive lineman in NFL that can solo block Fletcher Cox.

Screamin Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won the fucking Super Bowl, wahoo.

The only thing that actually matters, he fucking did it for us, and you are going to say some dumb shit like that? Come on!
History my friend, history

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the last drive again and can't even begin to tell you how good Greg Ward was on that drive. It has nothing to do with his dominating the players around him. It was his precision to the details. His route running was very good and to be honest will only get better. The pass late that he made to take us into the 5 yard line shows that. It was a designed pick play where Goedert was to get into the way of Ward's defender. What made it work was Ward's hesitation at the line. He knew what he needed to do to make sure he was wide open. The same thing for his TD catch. The Skins were in man coverage and Ward had a slight hesitation and a little cut that disguised his pattern. It was just a little move that cause Norman to hesitate.

Greg Ward does the little things and he is obviously a very smart player. You can only look at JJAW to put it in perspective. Twice during the game JJAW ran the wrong pattern and was in the way of the intended receiver. Now I put that on coaching as well because when a player does not know his assignment he is either a very bad player or not properly coached. I am not quite there yet to say JJAW is a bad player.

Screamin Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the last drive again and can't even begin to tell you how good Greg Ward was on that drive. It has nothing to do with his dominating the players around him. It was his precision to the details. His route running was very good and to be honest will only get better. The pass late that he made to take us into the 5 yard line shows that. It was a designed pick play where Goedert was to get into the way of Ward's defender. What made it work was Ward's hesitation at the line. He knew what he needed to do to make sure he was wide open. The same thing for his TD catch. The Skins were in man coverage and Ward had a slight hesitation and a little cut that disguised his pattern. It was just a little move that cause Norman to hesitate.

Greg Ward does the little things and he is obviously a very smart player. You can only look at JJAW to put it in perspective. Twice during the game JJAW ran the wrong pattern and was in the way of the intended receiver. Now I put that on coaching as well because when a player does not know his assignment he is either a very bad player or not properly coached. I am not quite there yet to say JJAW is a bad player.
One has to wonder why it took this long for someone to recognize his ability. It tells me that the coaching staff sucks.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One has to wonder why it took this long for someone to recognize his ability. It tells me that the coaching staff sucks.

I think a lot of it has to do with the role a practice squad player will have on a team. Given that they are only practice squad player they probably rarely get any reps especially since backups don't get many reps either.

Screamin Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of it has to do with the role a practice squad player will have on a team. Given that they are only practice squad player they probably rarely get any reps especially since backups don't get many reps either.
That might play a part but they get plenty of time in the pre season. Another thought is that they are not given real consideration to begin with (coaches with blinders).