• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagle Fans MIA?

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When they’re hitting on all cylinders there’s no question that they’re the best team in the league. They have an elite pass rush and when the secondary is healthy is one of the top units in the league. In back to back weeks this season the Eagles threw for 350 yards and then ran for 350 yards. They possess a balance that nobody else in the league has. The Eagles are the most complete team in the league when they’re dialed in.
Completely unbiased take.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely unbiased take.
I’m actually pretty critical of my teams. Just tell me what aspect is off. They’re 3 sacks away from the all time record for sacks in a season. They’re the first team in NFL history to have 4 guys with double digit sacks. Before the CJ Gardner Johnson and Avonte Maddox injuries they were leading games generating a pass script from the opponent and still holding teams under 200 yards passing a game. They have 2 1,000 yard receivers. They have a top 3 OL in the league. They have a 1200 yard RB. They have an MVP candidate at QB.

Their run defense has looked leaky at times and their coverage units on special teams have been less than special. That’s about it. Give me a team and I’ll show you how their holes are greater than the Eagles.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles have sacked opponents on a league-best 11.2 percent of their pass plays. The difference between them and the second-ranked Cowboys is the same as the difference between the Cowboys and the 28th-ranked Titans.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m actually pretty critical of my teams. Just tell me what aspect is off. They’re 3 sacks away from the all time record for sacks in a season. They’re the first team in NFL history to have 4 guys with double digit sacks. Before the CJ Gardner Johnson and Avonte Maddox injuries they were leading games generating a pass script from the opponent and still holding teams under 200 yards passing a game. They have 2 1,000 yard receivers. They have a top 3 OL in the league. They have a 1200 yard RB. They have an MVP candidate at QB.

Their run defense has looked leaky at times and their coverage units on special teams have been less than special. That’s about it. Give me a team and I’ll show you how their holes are greater than the Eagles.
Just crown them I guess.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just crown them I guess.
Well, that would be great but it’s not gonna happen. I know it’s been awhile that a Minnesota team has been involved in competing for a championship, but all these leagues make the people play it out on the field.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that would be great but it’s not gonna happen. I know it’s been awhile that a Minnesota team has been involved in competing for a championship, but all these leagues make the people play it out on the field.
You're being a douchebag.

Playing they're A game I'd put bills, eagles, and chiefs all in same tier.

The issue is eagles haven't been playing their A game in few weeks and you think they'll just turn it on and only way they can be beat is if they don't. There is too much parity.

Eagles are good. But they're not as superior as you're making them to be. In a must win game for 1 seed you beat giants playing mostly backups by 6. Any other team you would be ripping them as proof they're not good. Your team? Of they just didn't play good.

But you and Rtk can circle jerk all you want

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're being a douchebag.

Playing they're A game I'd put bills, eagles, and chiefs all in same tier.

The issue is eagles haven't been playing their A game in few weeks and you think they'll just turn it on and only way they can be beat is if they don't. There is too much parity.

Eagles are good. But they're not as superior as you're making them to be. In a must win game for 1 seed you beat giants playing mostly backups by 6. Any other team you would be ripping them as proof they're not good. Your team? Of they just didn't play good.

But you and Rtk can circle jerk all you want
The Eagles are 14-1 with their starting QB playing and that 1 was a game in which they uncharacteristically turned it over 4 times.

You’re right, if we were leaning heavily on the last game played they wouldn’t be very good. At the same time, they were limited in what they ran on both sides of the ball. No QB run. No long developing routes. On defense it was limited looks and a bunch of zone.

Light switch? I don’t think that’s the case. I don’t think they turned it off. I think the QB’s skill set makes them dynamic on offense and that wasn’t there after the Chicago game. There’s no reason to hold him back. If the shoulder doesn’t respond, that’s one thing. But playcalling and thinking about protecting tomorrow isn’t an issue any longer. They’re going to turn him loose. Sal Palantonio’s report out of practice today essentially said same old Hurts from the mechanics to accuracy to the zip on the ball.

But it’s sports so we will have to see.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait… People are trying to sell the Eagles as a juggernaut? They beat the Bears by 5 points. F*ck outta here

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles have sacked opponents on a league-best 11.2 percent of their pass plays. The difference between them and the second-ranked Cowboys is the same as the difference between the Cowboys and the 28th-ranked Titans.
you know.
I have no idea what the actual stats are, but
When you present stats like this. All I read into it is Teams like to run against the Eagles.
Stats to sports fans are like Facts to Lawyers.

We can make them say whatever we want.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know.
I have no idea what the actual stats are, but
When you present stats like this. All I read into it is Teams like to run against the Eagles.
Stats to sports fans are like Facts to Lawyers.

We can make them say whatever we want.

What does running have to do with sack percentage on passing plays? Sacks only happen on passing plays. Running plays doesn't factor into that at all.

You know how percentages work right? You also realize the Eagles just had the 3rd most sacks ever in a season with 70 right?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does running have to do with sack percentage on passing plays? Sacks only happen on passing plays. Running plays doesn't factor into that at all.

You know how percentages work right? You also realize the Eagles just had the 3rd most sacks ever in a season with 70 right?
if the Eagles led the league in Sacks. Then you would simply say that. Nothing to debate. Straight forward no spin stat.
When you add a this & a that into a stat. There is a spin involved.
Now I know the Eagles have a good defense, but for this school lesson son. Lets say they sucked against the run.
If teams ran more against the Eagles. Because that was the best way to defeat the defense. Means you would have less opportunity to get sacks on passing plays. Because again. If the Eagles led the league in sacks. You would put that as your stat without the spin. But that must not be true, since you did not do this. So now you presented a per pass play.
Now again. I know their defense is good but for this lesson. Lets say you ranked 12th in sacks. Suddenly as a defense as a whole, this #1 per pass play isnt so glamorous. Now for coaches looking at individual play sure, dive into the details. But as some fan boasting we are the best? There in lies the spin.
Stats to us are like facts to lawyers.

Facts are actually facts, but how they are presented for presentation, which sways judgement, is a whole other thing.
Again. I have not looked for any of the stats you are presenting, just making my observation on why you added your spin.

Class dismissed.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Eagles led the league in Sacks. Then you would simply say that. Nothing to debate. Straight forward no spin stat.
When you add a this & a that into a stat. There is a spin involved.
Now I know the Eagles have a good defense, but for this school lesson son. Lets say they sucked against the run.
If teams ran more against the Eagles. Because that was the best way to defeat the defense. Means you would have less opportunity to get sacks on passing plays. Because again. If the Eagles led the league in sacks. You would put that as your stat without the spin. But that must not be true, since you did not do this. So now you presented a per pass play.
Now again. I know their defense is good but for this lesson. Lets say you ranked 12th in sacks. Suddenly as a defense as a whole, this #1 per pass play isnt so glamorous. Now for coaches looking at individual play sure, dive into the details. But as some fan boasting we are the best? There in lies the spin.
Stats to us are like facts to lawyers.

Facts are actually facts, but how they are presented for presentation, which sways judgement, is a whole other thing.
Again. I have not looked for any of the stats you are presenting, just making my observation on why you added your spin.

Class dismissed.

First off they don't suck against the run though. They are middle of the pack against he run.

Second off you clearly don't understand how percentages work. A team can only get a sack on passing plays. Running plays does not at all factor into this. It's just a way to show the Eagles pass rush is by far and way the best in the league.

And again, we didn't rank 12th in sacks. We didn't just rank first in sacks but we had the 3rd most sacks all time in a single season for a defense. We are hitting sacks at a rate that no one else is coming close.

Also the stat is from the below article on the percentage gap.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles fans : there is a difference between greatness and hype. High expectations lead to despair. You not winning the Superbowl.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God help Giants fans tonight. This will not end well. This is a recipe for the national media to awake that trope about Philly fans.