• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagle Fans MIA?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know what to do with the KC over because I think it is a total blowout. Like I said, I have the two in a parlay with the money lines. Been struggling to find something I like more but also took both amd laid the points. I actually agree with RTK - blowouts today amd close ones tomorrow
Fair points. My opinion of the Chiefs all year is that they struggle to run and hide vs opponents because of that defense. The offense can put up 40 vs everybody. I also don’t like the matchup of the Chiefs run game vs the Jags run d. I think that extends the game where even if the Chiefs hold a lead and want to possess the football, that still translates to 1st down run but pass on 2nd and 3rd down even with a double digit lead. I think it’s an over at 53, I would lobby taking an alternated total at over 48.5 just to be safe. Or another angle…instead of Eagles and Chiefs ML, Eagles -2.5 and Chiefs -2.5 is essentially the same bet but maybe better payout number.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the true indicator of favorite vs underdog is too often attributed to the spread and not the money line. Lower scoring games for example have lower spreads but the money line may be comparable. And HFA is a big part of it and they aren’t playing at a neutral site so I can’t discount the points given for HFA. Yes it means the two teams are thought to be close, but they are playing in SF so that is a big part of how the game’s potential outcome is viewed
Can’t disagree. Especially in the playoffs, home field is a real advantage.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a 4 point dog in the NFL isn’t a big underdog. Underdog? For sure. The customary bump for a home team is roughly 3 points. So with a line of -4, they’re essentially saying these teams match up pretty evenly vs each other.

For me, tomorrow’s game is about the Cowboys ability to limit Niners run game. If the Cowboys can handle their run, they stand a chance of beating them with the game in Purdy’s hands. The Eagles have been getting ripped on who they’ve played all season. However, if you look closely at the Niners 11 game win streak it’s full of marginal opponents. Even the ones who made the playoffs performed poorly vs other playoff teams (Seahawks 3 times, Chargers, Miami). I think the Niners have been overvalued by the public and the talking heads.
I don’t think the niners are necessarily a great team and hardly better than the Cowboys but it’s about the matchups. The concern last year was that SF would “Big Boy” the Cowboys and just be too physical and that is pretty much what happened. The game almost went The Cowboys way even though they played horribly most of the game and had a bunch of huge penalties and were pushed all over the field in the trenches. Both teams are better this time around but the physical aspect is still the number 1 issue for Dallas when it comes to playing SF. It’s why I am hoping both Hankins and Bohanna are active this week And would go a little more two/three TE sets to help with the run game against the SF LBs. They need to do better at the LOS

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think the niners are necessarily a great team and hardly better than the Cowboys but it’s about the matchups. The concern last year was that SF would “Big Boy” the Cowboys and just be too physical and that is pretty much what happened. The game almost went The Cowboys way even though they had a bunch of huge penalties and were pushed all over the field in the trenches. Both teams are better this time around but the physical aspect is still the number 1 issue for Dallas. It’s why I am hoping both Hankins and Bohanna are active this week And would go a little more two/three TE sets to help with the run game against the SF LBs.
I think the Cowboys can run the ball on anybody. They would be best served tomorrow being almost 50/50 run pass. That metric is almost impossible to attain anymore in a pass happy league but possessing the ball reduces the number of possessions in the game which in my mind puts more pressure on Purdy with reduced numbers of possessions.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO
huge dogs? slight dogs? or hot dogs?
Sonic has an underrated hotdog offering. I’m not a big fast food guy but I can be down with a Coney Island dog and some chili cheese tots from Sonic.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s hedging. He’s preparing himself with rationalizations in case they lose.

so much shit talk, so little time

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

scum bags !!!!

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iDK. Lane Johnson who I admit is one of the top 5 lineman has injury issues. They may get by the Giants if lucky
I think Lane is a bigger injury concern than Hurts. He taking a shot but that doesn’t make your groin respond with healthy strength for pushing off. He’s going to be gutting it out and playing in pain. The questions become, can he make it through the whole game, and if so how effective will he be relative to the way he would be if totally healthy.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe there aren't any Eagles fans here because they're already tailgating:
si said:
According to NBC Philadelphia reporter Brenna Weick, Eagles fans weren’t able to get into the parking lots surrounding Lincoln Financial Field until 4 p.m. ET for the 8:15 p.m. kick. However, some of those same lots opened at 8 a.m. on Saturday morning for a 1 p.m. National League Lacrosse game between the Philadelphia Wings and the Toronto Rock.
As a result, Eagles fans bought Wings tickets just to get into the lots and get their tailgates rolling. The move gave those supporters a potential 12 hours to conduct their pregame festivities as opposed to a measly four hours.

I'm guessing the field is artificial turf. I can't imagine them holding an event on the field on the same day if it was natural grass.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe there aren't any Eagles fans here because they're already tailgating:

I'm guessing the field is artificial turf. I can't imagine them holding an event on the field on the same day if it was natural grass.

Wings are an indoor lacrosse team so they’re playing in the Wells Fargo Center. In Philly, they have a sports complex in South Philadelphia. Sixers/Flyers/Wings are in the same building. Right across the parking lot is Lincoln Financial Field for the Eagles and across the street is Citizens Bank Park home of the Phillies. It’s a cool set up but a nightmare getting out if you catch multiple events in the same day.