• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwayne Haskins killed

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not offended. I don't give a shit about Haskins the person. He was a moron.

But a little tact should be expected of any reporter.
he didn’t say anything offensive. He provided context to those who don’t consider Haskins a household name (90% of the US, probably 60% of NFL fans)

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the lights and warnings in todays cars, how do you run out of gas? Mine will start with a dashboard light when there is approx. 3 gallons left in tank, goes to a chime when it gets to 1.5 gallons….I’ve never gone beyond that so I don’t know what comes next, but I do know enough that when the light comes on, you get gas.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the lights and warnings in todays cars, how do you run out of gas? Mine will start with a dashboard light when there is approx. 3 gallons left in tank, goes to a chime when it gets to 1.5 gallons….I’ve never gone beyond that so I don’t know what comes next, but I do know enough that when the light comes on, you get gas.
To be fair, it was a rental.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rentals don’t have low fuel warnings?
I rented a car in December. They told me bring it back empty. I dropped the car off with 16 miles left in it. according to the odometer. Needle was definitely on E. Sounds like he misjudged empty by about a 1/4 of a gallon. He was right near the Airport.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he didn’t say anything offensive. He provided context to those who don’t consider Haskins a household name (90% of the US, probably 60% of NFL fans)

dont-care-idc.gif

You have to work with the players. They are not robots.

Haskins was a top level dick, but parsing down his life in a crap tweet just to break a story, you are an asshole.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give Gil Brandt a pass more than Schefter. Simply because I'm surprised that old fuck is still alive and coherent enough to form a single thought. He's one of those fossil sports writers/reporters that everyone wants to retire, but just won't, because they know it's over for them if they stop working. We had one in MN named Sid Hartman.

Schefter, on the other hand, has a fully functional brain and still tweeted out because he was the guy that needed to break it first. No details. Just that he was first. He's a classless asshole and deserves all of this criticism.

You can't use Brandt's age as an excuse. What Schefter did was insensitive, Brandt went out of his way to make multiple critical remarks about a 24 year old who was just killed tragically. There's a big difference.

So is the running out of gas theory been confirmed?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give Gil Brandt a pass more than Schefter. Simply because I'm surprised that old fuck is still alive and coherent enough to form a single thought. He's one of those fossil sports writers/reporters that everyone wants to retire, but just won't, because they know it's over for them if they stop working. We had one in MN named Sid Hartman.

Schefter, on the other hand, has a fully functional brain and still tweeted out because he was the guy that needed to break it first. No details. Just that he was first. He's a classless asshole and deserves all of this criticism.
The "good old boys" of the media circles only stick around because their name carries credibility & reputation and media outlets can lean on them as both a draw for ratings & for sourcing. But their "filters" make them a liability IMO. Gil Brandt carries a HOF resume which makes everyone turn a blind eye towards his remarks. This isn't the first time that his words have landed him in a bad spotlight, but radio shows keep bringing him around to talk football.

I'd hate to be the person at NFL.com that has to publish his articles. Guarantee that after that person is done editing the entire article is practically rewritten in their own words.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is the running out of gas theory been confirmed?
A couple of videos surfaced of truckers confirming it. 1 of the videos confirmed it by going to the location and seeing both the rental car on the eastbound shoulder of the i-95 exit off the i-595 (which is the route to the airport), as well as seeing the dump truck that struck him being towed.

The theory is that he wanted to cross the median & westbound lanes to walk a half mile to the nearest gas stations.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of videos surfaced of truckers confirming it. 1 of the videos confirmed it by going to the location and seeing both the rental car on the eastbound shoulder of the i-95 exit off the i-595 (which is the route to the airport), as well as seeing the dump truck that struck him being towed.

The theory is that he wanted to cross the median & westbound lanes to walk a half mile to the nearest gas stations.

Those videos are just speculation.

This is on CNN as of 2 hours ago.

"The incident was reported shortly after 6:30 a.m., the patrol said. He had been "walking on (the highway) for unknown reasons," the patrol said in a news release."

Personally I doubt the out of gas part, because if his car was found on the highway, the police would mention it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"The incident was reported shortly after 6:30 a.m., the patrol said. He had been "walking on (the highway) for unknown reasons," the patrol said in a news release."

Personally I doubt the out of gas part, because if his car was found on the highway, the police would mention it.
Yep. It is speculation & nothing has been confirmed about the rental car. I watched the vlogger video again and I wasn't recalling it correctly. He simply said that he ran out of gas in his rental. There was no mention of the location of the car. Said vlogger theorized that he jumped the median to "possibly go get fuel"

There are some serious details missing here. Doesn't make any sense for someone to be strolling along the shoulders of a major 8-10 lane expressway before attempting to cross.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So he got up at 3:30 in the morning and drove towards the airport and decided to get out and walk the last half-mile?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. It is speculation & nothing has been confirmed about the rental car. I watched the vlogger video again and I wasn't recalling it correctly. He simply said that he ran out of gas in his rental. There was no mention of the location of the car. Said vlogger theorized that he jumped the median to "possibly go get fuel"

There are some serious details missing here. Doesn't make any sense for someone to be strolling along the shoulders of a major 8-10 lane expressway before attempting to cross.
ok - and that's why they do the investigation.
Information is coming out. Some are factual and some are not.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he got up at 3:30 in the morning and drove towards the airport and decided to get out and walk the last half-mile?
Or he was never in a car on the highway. I haven't seen any confirmation he was heading to the airport.

There seems to be at least one person killed here in LV on I-15 every year. Usually right near Flamingo. Why cross the 15 when 1/2 mile away theres a road that will get you accross out of harms way

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or he was never in a car on the highway. I haven't seen any confirmation he was heading to the airport.

There seems to be at least one person killed here in LV on I-15 every year. Usually right near Flamingo. Why cross the 15 when 1/2 mile away theres a road that will get you accross out of harms way
wait for the investigation to complete?
Why is it that we all want to know exactly what happened before the investigation is complete?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it that we all want to know exactly what happened before the investigation is complete?
Just curiosity. Seems like these details that are being omitted are fairly easy to ascertain. But the police have their methods & do things a certain way for a reason. Probably just due-diligence & not wanting to preemptively release details that later could turn out to be false. I agree, we need to wait for the investigation to be completed before we form our opinions/judgements.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am waiting. Im not assuming he ran out of gas or not, until the police find his car or not.

I'm not assuming he was heading to the airport, unless the police say he had a confirmed flight or luggage with him.