• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Durant Signing With Warriors

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs had serious chemistry issues during the regular season that all magically disappeared and they became a band of brothers seemingly overnight. You are right. I did not think the Cavs had a chance because I did not think they could play together as well as they did. I was wrong there.

Still though, There was a lot that went Cleveland's way during the Finals. They earned it, but they had as many breaks in beating GS as GS had last year. Maybe more.

Regardless of outcome, nobody can convince me Cleveland was the best team if both were 100% for 7 games. it is a shame we did not get to see that, and I truly hope both will be at peak form next season to settle the debate.

Don't worry you weren't the only one that didn't think they had a chance. I told myself to believe, but it was very hard after watching the first 2 games. Even after a 3-1 deficit I believed they could still do it, but don't get me wrong I didn't have much faith lol.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is pretty shitty KD didn't even tell Westbrook what he was doing beforehand.

You mean like how Lebron let his teammates know what he was doing when he left Cleveland?

Or like how he told D-Wade what he was doing before he left Miami so Wade wouldn't sign for less?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They earned it, but they had as many breaks in beating GS as GS had last year. Maybe more.

??? WOW

I was completely with you right up until that point. I don't really want to get too much into it... because it doesn't really matter. Warriors won the title in 2015 and Cavs won in 2016 and that's all that really matters.

But, I am floored by that statement.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nobody can convince me Cleveland was the best team if both were 100% for 7 games.

If both teams were 100%????

Are we talking about Bogut missing 1.5 games?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If both teams were 100%????

Are we talking about Bogut missing 1.5 games?

No.

Curry playing at 75% had as much impact on GOlden State this year, as Cleveland playing without Kyrie last year.

Sounds crazy, but I believe that to be true. Delly was a much better defender, at least in 2015, and the Warrior offense simply did not work with Curry unable to penetrate.

Also, those who keep pointing to Kyrie's heroics this season forget that the Cavs had serious issues last season during the playoffs. Players had 0 respect for the head coach, and the chemistry between Irving, Love and LeBron simply had not developed yet.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like how Lebron let his teammates know what he was doing when he left Cleveland?

Or like how he told D-Wade what he was doing before he left Miami so Wade wouldn't sign for less?

You mean Lebron and a bunch of role players in Cleveland, not your wingman for 7 or 8 years lol.

He announced his decision late, but you as well as everyone else knows Wade was one of the first to know about his decision other than his family, friends, etc.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Curry playing at 75% had as much impact on GOlden State this year, as Cleveland playing without Kyrie last year.

Sounds crazy, but I believe that to be true. Delly was a much better defender, at least in 2015, and the Warrior offense simply did not work with Curry unable to penetrate.

Also, those who keep pointing to Kyrie's heroics this season forget that the Cavs had serious issues last season during the playoffs. Players had 0 respect for the head coach, and the chemistry between Irving, Love and LeBron simply had not developed yet.

Kyrie and Love missing were way more of an impact than Curry being "75%-90%". The Cavs had it much worse bc the Warriors could focus on only Lebron.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
??? WOW

I was completely with you right up until that point. I don't really want to get too much into it... because it doesn't really matter. Warriors won the title in 2015 and Cavs won in 2016 and that's all that really matters.

But, I am floored by that statement.
floored is not the word....

tlance needs to lay off the peyote laced with crack laced with PCP with that one...lol.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing worse than hearing injury excuses is hearing injury excuses for players that played.

Yeah the injury excuse is beyond lame. Instead of excuses I'd rather focus on facts. Like the fact that the Cavs are the only team in NBA history to win it all after being down 3-1.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
75-90? More like 60-65
what day did Curry score 19 in overtime?

what day did he leave a game with a grade 1 MCL sprain?

how long is the recovery for a grade 1 MCL sprain?

what day did the Finals start?

just wondering.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

just wondering.

Grade 1 MCL sprain takes 5-6 weeks to heal with rest. He came back in 2 weeks. Its pretty obvious even in the portland series. Just looked like he was stuck in mud all throughtout the playoffs. He looked great in 14-15

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

just wondering.

It is not an excuse. The Cavs won fair and square this year, just like the Warriors won last year. Again not an excuse.

But, if you are suggesting Steph was playing at full strength, you are either biased, did not watch him before the injury, or do not have eyes.

The Warriors offense depends on ball movement and Curry's ability to create for others. He could not do it after he got hurt. If you want to think it is because an athletic, but undisciplined Westbrook and a mediocre defender in Irving locked him up, go right ahead. Curry was playing at a much slower speed in the playoffs and it wasn't just because of the defense.

Because of Curry's role and importance to his team, and the fact that he could not do his highly important job of creating, yes, I think this injury was every bit as tough on the Warriors as Irving's last year.

I realize no Cleveland sympathizer will ever agree, but it is the truth and I think some of the neutral folks on here will agree. But, Curry, or any of the big three for that matter, are more important to Golden State than Irving is to Cleveland because of their synergistic style. Steph's inability to play like Steph crippled the team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these players dont care about legacy anymore. they care about playing with their friends. LBJ threw it away, durant didnt want to be like malone or barkley. most take the easy way out. thats life. they dont care about being great they rather play with their buddies and win a championship that doesnt mean much. durant wins one no one will care. if anything it will be a negative.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these players dont care about legacy anymore. they care about playing with their friends. LBJ threw it away, durant didnt want to be like malone or barkley. most take the easy way out. thats life. they dont care about being great they rather play with their buddies and win a championship that doesnt mean much. durant wins one no one will care. if anything it will be a negative.

Not true.

If he wins multiple rings with multiple MVPs, he will be an all time great like the previous generation. The league is different in the free agency era. Saying that Durant or LeBron are lesser players because they changed teams is crazy. Comparing their career choices with Jordan's is the same as comparing stats from era to era. They tell you absolutely nothing. The game is different, the league is different. Players need to be evaluated differently too.