• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Durant Signing With Warriors

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the East finally getting better or close to the West?

East certainly has a ton of depth in the Conference- no that the West doesnt....but at least last year I think the East had more depth.

cmon man- thats some a disengenuine argument-

Curry put up like 20 in overtime over a month before the series fucking started...gmafb

For whatever reason(s), Curry played a 'strange' series.
And, the reason(s), don't matter, Cavs won.
James was a monster, and was the difference make.

I just don't understand the mindset of some saying that what just happened is any barometer on what might happen a year from now.

It's very hard to repeat.

Now that the Cavs have already won, and that drama is over, I can't honestly say that I wouldn't want to see round 3 next June.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the East finally getting better or close to the West?

East certainly has a ton of depth in the Conference- no that the West doesnt....but at least last year I think the East had more depth.

cmon man- thats some a disengenuine argument-

Curry put up like 20 in overtime over a month before the series fucking started...gmafb

What does that have to do with anything? He is the best shooter in the history of the game and he got hot. He had streaks against OKC and Cleveland too.

What Curry was completely unable to do after his injury was create in the lane. Westbroon and Irving played well defensively, but Curry at 100% makes plays and creates scoring opportunities that the version we saw in the Finals could not. Since Curry was the only player on the team who creates his own shots, it was a pretty huge blow for the offense that he could not do it. Enter KD, and good luck.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that have to do with anything? He is the best shooter in the history of the game and he got hot. He had streaks against OKC and Cleveland too.

What Curry was completely unable to do after his injury was create in the lane. Westbroon and Irving played well defensively, but Curry at 100% makes plays and creates scoring opportunities that the version we saw in the Finals could not. Since Curry was the only player on the team who creates his own shots, it was a pretty huge blow for the offense that he could not do it. Enter KD, and good luck.

It will be harder to beat them with kd no doubt, but with this comes in the pressure...gs said they felt the pressure last year, while this year will be even worse

I have to watch them play tho before i will make my judgement...I already know what the cavs are bringing to the table, i want to see how the pieces fit with gs...they fit pretty well before the trade, and a lot of pieces are gone now for gs

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I DEFINITELY believe this would've been true, but debating it is pointless and doesn't change the outcome...

thing is LAST season doesn't = this upcoming one. and as much as Cavs fans want to blow this off the simple fact is that the Warriors got better. and yeah, the Cavs can make a deal before the trade deadline, etc etc blah blah blah, but what move are they REALLY gonna make to counter Durant...?

good luck...

The argument is pathetic

Green played in game 6 and 7 and 1, 2, 3 and 4

Irving played 1 game and love was out for the ENTIRE series is much different than missing 1 game as we all saw they won when they both played

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The argument is pathetic

Green played in game 6 and 7 and 1, 2, 3 and 4

Irving played 1 game and love was out for the ENTIRE series is much different than missing 1 game as we all saw they won when they both played

Spin it any way you'd like, the point is you have no clue what happens if Green played in game 5. 'sides, not talking about that anyway. Talking about what will the Cavs do(IF they can do anything...which i doubt) to counter the KD signing since you, Wiggy, etc have all the answers...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ment instead of getting durant going out and getting a marc gasol type player and keeping all their players from last year (bogut, speights, barnes, etc)

Gasol is a great player. He'd be very interesting on the Warriors. He'd be a big defensive upgrade, but he might be a bit of a tough fit on offense because of their tempo. On the other hand, he'd certainly be better in the middle than Bogut.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gasol is a great player. He'd be very interesting on the Warriors. He'd be a big defensive upgrade, but he might be a bit of a tough fit on offense because of their tempo. On the other hand, he'd certainly be better in the middle than Bogut.

Bogut has been in the top 5 in defensive RPM almost ebery year for GS. Not sure gasol is better on defense

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be harder to beat them with kd no doubt, but with this comes in the pressure...gs said they felt the pressure last year, while this year will be even worse

I have to watch them play tho before i will make my judgement...I already know what the cavs are bringing to the table, i want to see how the pieces fit with gs...they fit pretty well before the trade, and a lot of pieces are gone now for gs

They will fit well. Dont you worry bud

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogut has been in the top 5 in defensive RPM almost ebery year for GS. Not sure gasol is better on defense

Bogut ever been defensive player of the year?

Gasol has. Yes, he's better on defense.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Curry peaked, he is not going to get any better, more than likely he is going to get worse....He was hitting shots at that were unstatistically bad shots...so well he may do that again, odds and statistics say he won't...Irving has lots of room to get much better thtat was just his 1st finals ever....there is a reason they ran out to get durant...they knew they were never beating the cavs again as is...

Durant has been on the decline since winning his mvp too. Westbrook however has continued to get better each year.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant has been on the decline since winning his mvp too. Westbrook however has continued to get better each year.

This is a sour grapes post. Durant is not on the decline. He was hurt in 2015. This year he was as good as ever and only 27. Westbrook may have outshined Durant this year, but only because he completely dominated the ball. Durant's efficiency stats were better.

KD will never say this, but I bet he would still be in OKC if Westbrook plated more unselfishly.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a sour grapes post. Durant is not on the decline. He was hurt in 2015. This year he was as good as ever and only 27. Westbrook may have outshined Durant this year, but only because he completely dominated the ball. Durant's efficiency stats were better.

KD will never say this, but I bet he would still be in OKC if Westbrook plated more unselfishly.
Without a doubt regarding Westbrook. Without Durant, Westbrook may set the NBA record for FG attempts, which is next to impossible to do in today's NBA, but I can see Westbrook making a run.
This is the reason I said Westbrook wouldn't work with the Cavs. If he acted like a PG, it could work, but he puts up shots like he is Kobe Bryant. Great player, but he is a shoot first and shoot second, before thinking of passing PG

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You think KD is currently better than Russ?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think KD is currently better than Russ?

No doubt. He can do everything.

Now, if I were building from scratch and had little other talent, I think Russ would better be able to carry the load and lead the team further. If assimilating with other talented players, I want KD 10 times out of 10, and I take him over everybody not named LeBron. His combination of size, athleticism, and perimeter skill is unprecedented. KD has the skill to play 2-4, and Russ doesn't really have a traditional position. It is not easy to play with a guy like him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is pretty shitty KD didn't even tell Westbrook what he was doing beforehand.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For whatever reason(s), Curry played a 'strange' series.
And, the reason(s), don't matter, Cavs won.
James was a monster, and was the difference make.

I just don't understand the mindset of some saying that what just happened is any barometer on what might happen a year from now.

It's very hard to repeat.

Now that the Cavs have already won, and that drama is over, I can't honestly say that I wouldn't want to see round 3 next June.

You're right. I want to see the Cavs play another team in the Finals, especially the fact GS picked up KD. It would be a complete failure if GS didn't make it back to the Finals though.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 73-win team just added a top-5 player. Of course the Warriors are the favorite and the best team on paper.

I would've thought you guys had learned your lesson, though. Still making predictions of the Cavs inevitable downfall to Golden State as if it is a foregone conclusion?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 73-win team just added a top-5 player. Of course the Warriors are the favorite and the best team on paper.

I would've thought you guys had learned your lesson, though. Still making predictions of the Cavs inevitable downfall to Golden State as if it is a foregone conclusion?
as long as we have LeBron- and he gets help- in KI the Cavs can beat anyone.

The biggest trump card in the league is having the best player. Thankfully that best player owns Durant...and Kyrie matches up well against Curry.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Cavs had serious chemistry issues during the regular season that all magically disappeared and they became a band of brothers seemingly overnight. You are right. I did not think the Cavs had a chance because I did not think they could play together as well as they did. I was wrong there.

Still though, There was a lot that went Cleveland's way during the Finals. They earned it, but they had as many breaks in beating GS as GS had last year. Maybe more.

Regardless of outcome, nobody can convince me Cleveland was the best team if both were 100% for 7 games. it is a shame we did not get to see that, and I truly hope both will be at peak form next season to settle the debate.