• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Durant Signing With Warriors

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny i remember you saying the cavs couldn't make excuses last year and injuries are part of the game..now curry was injured who played the entire series...lol

Winning a road game 7 hasn't happened in like 40 years...if that game 7 was in CLE it would have been a blowout for the 3rd straight game....

Nobody is trying to make excuses. Cleveland won, end of story.

You are trying to make it seem as if Cleveland was the vastly superior team both this year and last. We are simply trying to show how unbelievably wrong you are. I never said Cleveland didn't deserve to win. They had some things go their way and played well enough to finish the job. That is it.

You can't come out with outrageous comments then accuse people of making excuses when they are merely trying to refute your claims.

By the way, stats from this year's series don't prove Cleveland was better, just like stats from 2015 don't prove GS was better.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is trying to make excuses. Cleveland won, end of story.

You are trying to make it seem as if Cleveland was the vastly superior team both this year and last. We are simply trying to show how unbelievably wrong you are. I never said Cleveland didn't deserve to win. They had some things go their way and played well enough to finish the job. That is it.

You can't come out with outrageous comments then accuse people of making excuses when they are merely trying to refute your claims.

By the way, stats from this year's series don't prove Cleveland was better, just like stats from 2015 don't prove GS was better.

I didn't say they were vastly superior, but in order to win a game on the road let along a game 7 you have to be a lot more superior then the other team, because even evenly matched teams the home team gets most of the calls/role players play better, other advantages....there is a reason that it almost never happens and why no team has ever come back from a 3-1 deficit...

but like i said they should have won both years in a row...think about it, that series went 6 without irving and love and gs was much better this year than last year on almost every statistical category top to bottom...Odds are had they been there we would have won...not saying we would have swept them but when we went up 2-1 we finish the job...this year we won so i have no argument

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say they were vastly superior, but in order to win a game on the road let along a game 7 you have to be a lot more superior then the other team, because even evenly matched teams the home team gets most of the calls/role players play better, other advantages....there is a reason that it almost never happens and why no team has ever come back from a 3-1 deficit...

but like i said they should have won both years in a row...think about it, that series went 6 without irving and love and gs was much better this year than last year on almost every statistical category top to bottom...Odds are had they been there we would have won...not saying we would have swept them but when we went up 2-1 we finish the job...this year we won so i have no argument

Except that the 2 wins came without Irving. You can't be sure they would have won those games with him, because they would have played out differently. Also, Delly was lights out in at least one of those wins.

You saying that Cleveland would have won with Irving and Live last year is every bit as pointless as me saying that Golden State would have won with Bogut, a healthy Curry, or a non-suspended Draymond. While I believe those things to be true, I am also not naive enough to think they matter. You seem to.

I can't wait until you get humbled next year.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny i remember you saying the cavs couldn't make excuses last year and injuries are part of the game..now curry was injured who played the entire series...lol

Winning a road game 7 hasn't happened in like 40 years...if that game 7 was in CLE it would have been a blowout for the 3rd straight game....

I never used the word excuse.
Warriors were the healthier team 2 years ago, Cavs this year.
It just is what it is.
Next man up must perform if you expect to win.

And, I don't really think you should assume any game 7 would be a blowout.
Warriors won the title on your court last year, they won regular season games, and they won a Finals game this year.
You seem to keep ignoring the fact that it turned into a 1 minute series.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that the 2 wins came without Irving. You can't be sure they would have won those games with him, because they would have played out differently. Also, Delly was lights out in at least one of those wins.

You saying that Cleveland would have won with Irving and Live last year is every bit as pointless as me saying that Golden State would have won with Bogut, a healthy Curry, or a non-suspended Draymond. While I believe those things to be true, I am also not naive enough to think they matter. You seem to.

I can't wait until you get humbled next year.

Delly shot 28% in that series last year...don't ever call that "lights out" lol

You may think it's pointless, but comparing 2 all-stars being out vs 1 player missing 1 game, btw love missed a game with a concussion and our center was out all series this year (Never heard me use it as an excuse), it is not comparable in any way shape or form

It's a pretty easy argument for me to make tho....

Cavs without Irving and Love lose to gs

Cavs with Irving and Love win vs a better gs team with championship experience and better stats down the line

You were humbled this year, so well you have to wait, i don't...

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delly shot 28% in that series last year...don't ever call that "lights out" lol

You may think it's pointless, but comparing 2 all-stars being out vs 1 player missing 1 game, btw love missed a game with a concussion and our center was out all series this year, it is not comparable in any way shape or form

It's a pretty easy argument for me to make tho....

Cavs without Irving and Love lose to gs

Cavs with Irving and Love win vs a better gs team with championship experience and better stats down the line

You were humbled this year, so well you have to wait, i don't...

Whatever man. Injuries happen.

Delly had 20 points in game 3 and guarded Curry a hell of a lot better than Irving would have. Like I said, he was lights out in 1 of the games Cleveland won.

Enjoy it while you can. You won't have long.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Delly had 20 points in game 3 and guarded Curry a hell of a lot better than Irving would have. Like I said, he was lights out in 1 of the games Cleveland won.

Irving had multiple 40+ point nights....

You honestly think the cavs won't add another player? There will always be someone available mid season from Griffin to who knows...I bet if the bulls are sucking wade will be available and then suddenly we are still better than gs...

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You honestly think the cavs won't add another player? There will always be someone available mid season from Griffin to who knows...I bet if the bulls are sucking wade will be available and then suddenly we are still better than gs...

Irving had 1 40 point night not "multiple"

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Youre exactly right injuries do happen, you can make the argument that warriors win in 5 with draymond and bogut playing. Who are defesive monsters. But im not gonna be a baby about it

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With irving and lebron playong in 14-15 warriors were 1-0 with both. Without him they were 3-2..

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except thats your opinion

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre exactly right injuries do happen, you can make the argument that warriors win in 5 with draymond and bogut playing. Who are defesive monsters. But im not gonna be a baby about it

I DEFINITELY believe this would've been true, but debating it is pointless and doesn't change the outcome...

thing is LAST season doesn't = this upcoming one. and as much as Cavs fans want to blow this off the simple fact is that the Warriors got better. and yeah, the Cavs can make a deal before the trade deadline, etc etc blah blah blah, but what move are they REALLY gonna make to counter Durant...?

good luck...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Serious delusion.

Wade wouldn't even make the Cavs that much better, first of all, and secondly, they could not get a player like him without trading Love or multiple key pieces because of the cap. Cleveland is limited to making minor moves or dealing a core player.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are still better even with the addition of wade lol

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious delusion.

Wade wouldn't even make the Cavs that much better, first of all, and secondly, they could not get a player like him without trading Love or multiple key pieces because of the cap. Cleveland is limited to making minor moves or dealing a core player.

He clearly has no understanding of how the salary cap works.
Shouldn't bet surprised though, he was talking about using the amnesty a few weeks ago.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are still better even with the addition of wade lol

Cavs fans have said for 2 seasons that Wade was the reason James left the Heat.

I do think James wants to play with Wade again, but it won't be this season.
If the Cavs flame out, it could very easily be in NY or Chicago next year, though.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He clearly has no understanding of how the salary cap works.
Shouldn't bet surprised though, he was talking about using the amnesty a few weeks ago.

Agreed...

Like i said earlier in the thread, seriously, honestly, what move can the Cavs make that counters Durant? I mean really...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed...

Like i said earlier in the thread, seriously, honestly, what move can the Cavs make that counters Durant? I mean really...

You mean Dunleavy doesn't qualify?

Cavs won the Finals fair and square, but there is no way to convince me that the Cavs have a better team then the Warriors BEFORE they added Durant.

I also love now, how Cavs fans are diminishing what Delly did in the first Finals, when at the time, they acted like he was a God.
Mozgov was also good in that Finals, and then never really healthy last year.

Even with a giant cap hike it's pretty hard to keep your roster together, let alone add when yoy have to deal with the boys from Klutch.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the East finally getting better or close to the West?

East certainly has a ton of depth in the Conference- no that the West doesnt....but at least last year I think the East had more depth.
I never used the word excuse.
Warriors were the healthier team 2 years ago, Cavs this year.
It just is what it is.
Next man up must perform if you expect to win.

And, I don't really think you should assume any game 7 would be a blowout.
Warriors won the title on your court last year, they won regular season games, and they won a Finals game this year.
You seem to keep ignoring the fact that it turned into a 1 minute series.
cmon man- thats some a disengenuine argument-

Curry put up like 20 in overtime over a month before the series fucking started...gmafb