• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Durant Signing With Warriors

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs fans trying to convince themselves that KD will
Turn himself
Into harrison barnes lulzies

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs fans trying to convince themselves that KD will
Turn himself
Into harrison barnes lulzies
Well not only Cavs fans but everyone who are now afraid of how the good the Warriors will be are convincing themselves that the chemistry won't work and all that shit. It's funny tho lol

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be even funnier if/when the Warriors fall on their face. The melt down will be epic!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well not only Cavs fans but everyone who are now afraid of how the good the Warriors will be are convincing themselves that the chemistry won't work and all that shit. It's funny tho lol

There is always the possibility that the chemistry won't work. The Warriors are the best team in the NBA when it comes to sharing the ball. But does the addition of KD stretch that a little too far?

However, given how the Warriors share the ball and how unselfish (almost to a fault) KD is, it seems like that shouldn't be an issue. The more likely issue, imo, is that they struggle because they are being too unselfish. Similar to the Heat in the first season of Lebron, Wade and Bosh.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is always the possibility that the chemistry won't work. The Warriors are the best team in the NBA when it comes to sharing the ball. But does the addition of KD stretch that a little too far?

However, given how the Warriors share the ball and how unselfish (almost to a fault) KD is, it seems like that shouldn't be an issue. The more likely issue, imo, is that they struggle because they are being too unselfish. Similar to the Heat in the first season of Lebron, Wade and Bosh.

Do u think they would have been better keeping their team in tact and picking up 1 or 2 really good bigs?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do u think they would have been better keeping their team in tact and picking up 1 or 2 really good bigs?

Not sure I understand the question. Who would have been better at keeping their team intact? Warriors or Thunder?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I understand the question. Who would have been better at keeping their team intact? Warriors or Thunder?

I ment instead of getting durant going out and getting a marc gasol type player and keeping all their players from last year (bogut, speights, barnes, etc)

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ment instead of getting durant going out and getting a marc gasol type player and keeping all their players from last year (bogut, speights, barnes, etc)

LOL. Yeah, I'm sure the Grizzlies are dying to just trade Gasol to the Warriors, for nothing. You do realize KD signed as a free agent right and we didn't trade for him?

Also exactly how many Marc Gasol type players are there in the NBA.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Yeah, I'm sure the Grizzlies are dying to just trade Gasol to the Warriors, for nothing. You do realize KD signed as a free agent right and we didn't trade for him?

Howard was available, so was pau...Honestly if you put a howard type on your team that would have shored up your defense and increased your rebounding...Which would have ment even more shots for the 3 point shooters....adding durant just means less shots for 1 of your players no improvement on defense and no improvement on rebounding...all the things that gs actually needed to address...offense wasn't one of them imo

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard was available, so was pau...Honestly if you put a howard type on your team that would have shored up your defense and increased your rebounding...Which would have ment even more shots for the 3 point shooters....adding durant just means less shots for 1 of your players no improvement on defense and no improvement on rebounding...all the things that gs actually needed to address...offense wasn't one of them imo

Howard wants to be a focal point of the offense, and the Warriors offense is not designed to accommodate him and the amount of touches he wants. If he wanted to be strictly a defensive presence and rebounder, I would have been all for it. But that's not what he wants, so it was never a plausible move.

As for Pau, if the Warriors got him, it would have meant that Bogut would still needed to have been traded to make room for him and still released the rights to Barnes and Ezeli, and overall would have impacted the Warriors defense just as much. Pau isn't much of a defender these days, but would have been a big upgrade offensively.

So any route the Warriors went in Free Agency, any direction, would have resulted in them having to trade Bogut, and not retain any of their bench players, including Barnes and Ezeli.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard wants to be a focal point of the offense, and the Warriors offense is not designed to accommodate him and the amount of touches he wants. If he wanted to be strictly a defensive presence and rebounder, I would have been all for it. But that's not what he wants, so it was never a plausible move.

As for Pau, if the Warriors got him, it would have meant that Bogut would still needed to have been traded to make room for him and still released the rights to Barnes and Ezeli, and overall would have impacted the Warriors defense just as much. Pau isn't much of a defender these days, but would have been a big upgrade offensively.

So any route the Warriors went in Free Agency, any direction, would have resulted in them having to trade Bogut, and not retain any of their bench players, including Barnes and Ezeli.

Plus, Dwight Howard is no longer a superstar player, but he expects to be paid like one. The Warriors would've probably had to make the same moves in order to afford Howard.

Edpsy77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Durant joining the Warriors is a great thing for the Warriors. I am happy he signed but he did sign for the team that just beat him.

Edpsy77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This deal will not happen.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Durant joining the Warriors is a great thing for the Warriors. I am happy he signed but he did sign for the team that just beat him.
I'm not going to keep approving your "the sky is blue and water is wet" posts. If you're here to promote something, it's not going to happen. Pick some teams and contribute some compelling opinions or be gone.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paying Dwight to clog the paint (without guards that are so good at drawing contact from bigs like Harden) and paying him like an elite player when his D has REALLY regressed big time seems odd. No way I'd pay him instead of Durant to be there.

Pau, not at this point in his career. Use the midlevel exemption on him if he wants to play, but don't waste your shot at a top player to grab him.

I really thought they lose because offense was an issue for them. Barnes couldn't make Lebron pay for freelancing on D. Lebron was diving into the paint, ripping steals, blocking shots, boxing guys out and Barnes wasn't making him pay for that. Now if Lebron wants to do that, he's going to be leaving Durant.

Durant to me was the only option who's dynamic, who can create, who can force mismatches and get open shots for others, which is something I think they really missed when Curry was banged up.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont htink chemistry will be a problem.... i think the problem remains- as long as they cant smother lebron with 3 guys- no one or two guys can stop him. Having the best player in the league who is an absolute beast of a player is quite the trump ( ;) ) card...In the first Finals lebrons numbers were freaking INSANITY- but his efficiency was off since his usage was way up and he had very little help on the offensive end with KI and Love being out. Still-

36, 13 and 9...lol....for a 6 game series....in the NBA Finals!.....thats fucking ludicrous....

this year? Love- even if he is not always hitting- is always spacing. This is why the people that said Love is just a jump shooter need to slow down...Lue did a good job of getting Love on the block in rotations without Bron in the game---- but with Bron in the game and Kyrie- A. you dont want to clog the lane, and B. you have one of the best big men shooters in the history of the league...MIGHT be a good idea to take advantage...

and of course- Kyrie....all he did was go for 27, 4 and 4 and shot over 40% from 3....thats what you call HELP....

not only that- but then JR goes from being totally miscast- as the #2 scorer- to being the #4 scorer...

As long as the Cavs are healthy- i feel confident that LeBron will get the help he needs on offense where the other team- who ever they face in the Finals- wont be able to key in on him.....as long as he gets help and can utilize energy on the defensive end i feel confident that lebron can control the pace.

its gonna be a ton of fun.

and ya know--- something totally unexpected might happen to one of those 2 teams- who knows- an injury, someone gets pissed off, a deal happens etc. etc.....you never know whats gonna happen.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont htink chemistry will be a problem.... i think the problem remains- as long as they cant smother lebron with 3 guys- no one or two guys can stop him. Having the best player in the league who is an absolute beast of a player is quite the trump ( ;) ) card...In the first Finals lebrons numbers were freaking INSANITY- but his efficiency was off since his usage was way up and he had very little help on the offensive end with KI and Love being out. Still-

36, 13 and 9...lol....for a 6 game series....in the NBA Finals!.....thats fucking ludicrous....

this year? Love- even if he is not always hitting- is always spacing. This is why the people that said Love is just a jump shooter need to slow down...Lue did a good job of getting Love on the block in rotations without Bron in the game---- but with Bron in the game and Kyrie- A. you dont want to clog the lane, and B. you have one of the best big men shooters in the history of the league...MIGHT be a good idea to take advantage...

and of course- Kyrie....all he did was go for 27, 4 and 4 and shot over 40% from 3....thats what you call HELP....

not only that- but then JR goes from being totally miscast- as the #2 scorer- to being the #4 scorer...

As long as the Cavs are healthy- i feel confident that LeBron will get the help he needs on offense where the other team- who ever they face in the Finals- wont be able to key in on him.....as long as he gets help and can utilize energy on the defensive end i feel confident that lebron can control the pace.

its gonna be a ton of fun.

and ya know--- something totally unexpected might happen to one of those 2 teams- who knows- an injury, someone gets pissed off, a deal happens etc. etc.....you never know whats gonna happen.

a lot of blah blah here, but it SOUNDS like you're saying that LeClown/Kyrie/Love>Curry/KD/Klay/Green. oh, guess you didn't feel like taking THAT into account...ESPECIALLY on the Cavs defensive side of the ball...

is gonna be a ton of fun though...to see IF the Cavs are going to be able to keep up with the offense they'll be facing against these guys...IF they get back to the finals...

just sayin'...