• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Durant Signing With Warriors

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think too much is being made of who is going to score. The Warriors have 3 premiere scorers in the NBA and will be able to stagger their minutes so that each can get rest and each gets an opportunity to produce. The guy here who really takes a back-seat is going to be Draymond.

Klay won't need to come off the bench because his normal rotation last year was to come out with 6 minutes to go in the 1st quarter and come back to start the 2nd with the second unit. I would imagine Durant would fill that role now. With Durant on the second unit, Klay won't be needed to come off the bench because KD is the most versatile scorer in the NBA. Klay can do what he does best and be a gunner.

The Warriors will likely play a 10 man rotation as they have the last couple years. But here's my example with just their top 8 players:

Rotation
Staters: Curry, Thompson, Durant, Green, Pachulia
6 minute mark: Curry, Livingston, Iguodala, Green, West
2nd Quarter: Livingston, Thompson, Iguodala, Durant, West
6 minute mark: Curry, Thompson, Durant, Green, Pachulia.

Total Minutes:
Curry: 36
Thompson: 36
Durant: 36
Green: 36
Iguodala: 24
Livingston 24
Pachulia: 24
West 24

I think west is going to get closer to 15-20 minutes not 25. We need another big

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think too much is being made of who is going to score. The Warriors have 3 premiere scorers in the NBA and will be able to stagger their minutes so that each can get rest and each gets an opportunity to produce. The guy here who really takes a back-seat is going to be Draymond.

Klay won't need to come off the bench because his normal rotation last year was to come out with 6 minutes to go in the 1st quarter and come back to start the 2nd with the second unit. I would imagine Durant would fill that role now. With Durant on the second unit, Klay won't be needed to come off the bench because KD is the most versatile scorer in the NBA. Klay can do what he does best and be a gunner.

The Warriors will likely play a 10 man rotation as they have the last couple years. But here's my example with just their top 8 players:

Rotation

Total Minutes:
Livingston 24
West 24

You have 3 guys who are capable of being the #1 option on virtually any other team in the league. They also have Draymond, who many say, kind of makes the whole thing work.

Obviously, there is always the possibility that someone will let their ego get in the way and start complaining if they aren't getting their "touches." After all, they still only let teams play with 1 basketball.

Having said that, I can't think of any players of this caliber who are more likely to be able to make it work. Steph and Klay are already used to sharing with each other and Draymond. One of the things that KD has been criticized for is being too unselfish. Based on that, it seems like a squabble over shots is less likely.

Imo, if GSW struggles, it'll be more likely to be the result of trying to share the ball too much. Similar to Lebron, D-Wade and Bosh in their first season together.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think west is going to get closer to 15-20 minutes not 25. We need another big

He definitely will, all those minutes I indicated will be less because of a lengthened rotation for the regular season. That was just a generalization based only an 8 man rotation. It was showing how they could stagger the players so they had fire power at all times.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rotation

Total Minutes:
Livingston 24
West 24
With that rotation of your all stars, it's hard to imagine this team getting beat.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Klay's rotation more to do with saving his legs so he can play his great defense but still have legs to go off? With Durant, they won't need Klay's legs as much since he won't counted as much?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Kyrie saying that he's gonna make fun of his Warrior Olympic teammates this summer was used by Klay and Draymond in recruiting Durant. Maybe Draymond said, "KD, you can't let Kyrie put Harrison through that this summer. He'll lose his focus and miss all of his shots for Team USA. If you take his place on the Warriors, Kyrie will probably leave him alone!"

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So KD, Klay, and Green will learn the chemistry in Team USA. KD and Steph during the regular season

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exaggeration .... Jordan without a doubt was the best the game has ever seen, he's the man, the jedi .... But your not winning a title without a team around you... You can't do it all .. Jordan had some solid Bulls teams around him later in his career... And that's not bagging on Jordan, but it's a team game and you can't get it done without other guy's doing there jobs... It your playing 1 on 1 that's different... Now if you take Jordan off those Bulls teams they wouldn't have won anything... He was the guy that sent them over the top, but like I said guy's had to do there jobs around him....

Didn't they almost get to the ECF's witout him. The Cavs got nowhere without Lebron, just sayin. MJ had a much better team around him and they knew their roles. The players for the Cavs understood their roles more this season, Love a little more but still really didn't fit, crazy to think about.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have 3 guys who are capable of being the #1 option on virtually any other team in the league. They also have Draymond, who many say, kind of makes the whole thing work.

Obviously, there is always the possibility that someone will let their ego get in the way and start complaining if they aren't getting their "touches." After all, they still only let teams play with 1 basketball.

Having said that, I can't think of any players of this caliber who are more likely to be able to make it work. Steph and Klay are already used to sharing with each other and Draymond. One of the things that KD has been criticized for is being too unselfish. Based on that, it seems like a squabble over shots is less likely.

Imo, if GSW struggles, it'll be more likely to be the result of trying to share the ball too much. Similar to Lebron, D-Wade and Bosh in their first season together.
you think klay is versatile enough offensively to be a #1 offensive option? you put him on a team with mediocre spacing and im not so sure.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the season hasnt even started yet....

this guy is gonna crack under the pressure.....those other guys better be prepared to carry him when the going gets tough because this dude is gonna fold like a lawn chair like he always has.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this guy is gonna crack under the pressure.....those other guys better be prepared to carry him when the going gets tough because this dude is gonna fold like a lawn chair like he always has.

Well this time he put it on himself. The pressure might be too much or we might see a different KD. There is no reason he should fail with this team, possibly the best starting lineup constructed lol.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't they almost get to the ECF's witout him. The Cavs got nowhere without Lebron, just sayin. MJ had a much better team around him and they knew their roles. The players for the Cavs understood their roles more this season, Love a little more but still really didn't fit, crazy to think about.

Lebron wasn't getting it done without help in Cleveland, he figured out it's impossible to do it on your own.. The last couple year the Cav's have been stacked though, Back in the day the Cav's didn't have good rosters at all, so I agree with that.... But Miami's roster was more stacked than the Bulls for sure.... Wade, Bosh, Lebron, Allen ... That's 4 legit stars... Jordan had Pippen those were the 2 stars of the Bulls teams, everyone else just filled there rolls nicely...

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah yeah yeah yeah

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this time he put it on himself. The pressure might be too much or we might see a different KD. There is no reason he should fail with this team, possibly the best starting lineup constructed lol.

Even without KD this team is still the favorite lul