• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Durant Signing With Warriors

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a team is so scared of lebron that they have to add another superstar to a team that won 73 games something no nba team has ever done...that speaks volumes

So they shouldn't try to improve the team? The Cavs just won a title, should they not try to improve either?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they shouldn't try to improve the team? The Cavs just won a title, should they not try to improve either?

They were talking about trading love for cousins or for westbrook...not sure how i feel about making changes to a championship team...you think it's a good move?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were talking about trading love for cousins or for westbrook...not sure how i feel about making changes to a championship team...you think it's a good move?

Not sure I'd like either move. If they get Westbrook, they add another ball dominant player to the 2 ball dominant players they already have.

Cousins would make more sense from a position standpoint, because they could use a center so TT doesn't have to play center as much.

But Cousins and JR Smith on the same team seems a bit combustible. JR has behaved himself with no other malcontents on the team, but no telling how Cousins will be, especially if he feels like he's not getting the ball enough.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I'd like either move. If they get Westbrook, they add another ball dominant player to the 2 ball dominant players they already have.

Cousins would make more sense from a position standpoint, because they could use a center so TT didn't have to play center as much. But Cousins and JR Smith on the same team seems a bit combustible.

Yeah i'd like to see if love plays better next year with more confidence anyways...no reason to rush a trade they can always make a trade midseason if he is still stinking it up

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i'd like to see if love plays better next year with more confidence anyways...no reason to rush a trade they can always make a trade midseason if he is still stinking it up

He definitely seemed a little better when Lue took over. He was still "odd man out" a lot of the time, but it was better. Maybe after a complete training camp with Lue as HC he will fit in even better.

Also, as you point out, they can unload him at the trade deadline if need be.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, if he beats a durant led warriors team next year...He will be the goat imo

In the playoffs LeBron has now taken 10 potential go-ahead shots in the final five seconds of the fourth quarter or overtime. He's connected on six of them, according to ESPN's Brian Windhorst. Jordan was 5-of-11 in such situations during his career.

And if you expand to the final minute of playoff Q4/OT, Lebron is 13/27 and Kobe is 10/37 on game-tying/go-ahead field goals.

Please stop. LBJ is now 3-4 in NBA finals. 6 of those are with teams he HANDPICKED. Jordan, who played the hand he was dealt, and after years of falling to the Pistons in the playoffs, overcame that obstacle and won 6 straight titles, with a 3 year break to "play baseball" (i'm convinced it is for gambling still).

The only thing missing from Jordan's resume of being the greatest all-time is hitting a game winning shot in game 7 of the NBA. The reason why? He has never went to a 7th game in the NBA finals while going 6-0 in his appearances, while winning 6 finals MVP awards.

Game winning shot for a NCAA championship? Check. (See North Carolina) Dozen up dozen of game winning shots in the regular season to win games? Check. (See just about every team in the NBA) Game winning shot to win a series in the playoffs? Check (See Craig Ehlo) Title winning shot to win a ring? Check. (See Bryon Russel)

There will never be a "goat" from this era, as long as the NBA the league's best players continue to join forces to chase a ring. Hell -- imagine if Jordan, after losing to Boston and losing to Detroit, decided to join forces with Isiah Thomas and Larry Bird. Or if Jordan left to join Magic Johnson and Abdul Jabaar. That is basically what Lebron and Durant have done.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right he already had them on his team

He did? Who were the superstars he brought over to the Bulls? Scottie Pippen? They traded to get him at the draft with the Super Sonics -- Pippen went to a NAIA school, hardly "stacking the deck". Who are the other superstars? Steve Kerr? Craig Hodges? Bill Cartwright? Horace Grant?

I'd love to hear how Chicago did anything remotely close to what Miami and Cleveland have done to coddle James?

And I hate you for making me talk about the Bulls in a positive light, as I cannot stand anything to do with Chicago, other than the Cubs -- they deserve a title, they suffered enough.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Westbrook would be horrible for the Cavs and make no sense at all. They have Kyrie Irvin already, no reason to bring in a shoot first point guard to pair with him.

Cousins would be awesome for Cleveland, but everything I hear about him, he is a complete head case and a cancer in the locker room.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Love and pieces for Cousins would be a good move for the Cavs in my opinion. He's not a plodding low post center. He has some range so he wouldn't necessarily clog up the paint for LeBron and Irving drives. He would punish Golden State inside. I think he'd be less of a head case on a winning team.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please stop. LBJ is now 3-4 in NBA finals. 6 of those are with teams he HANDPICKED. Jordan, who played the hand he was dealt, and after years of falling to the Pistons in the playoffs, overcame that obstacle and won 6 straight titles, with a 3 year break to "play baseball" (i'm convinced it is for gambling still).

The only thing missing from Jordan's resume of being the greatest all-time is hitting a game winning shot in game 7 of the NBA. The reason why? He has never went to a 7th game in the NBA finals while going 6-0 in his appearances, while winning 6 finals MVP awards.

Game winning shot for a NCAA championship? Check. (See North Carolina) Dozen up dozen of game winning shots in the regular season to win games? Check. (See just about every team in the NBA) Game winning shot to win a series in the playoffs? Check (See Craig Ehlo) Title winning shot to win a ring? Check. (See Bryon Russel)

There will never be a "goat" from this era, as long as the NBA the league's best players continue to join forces to chase a ring. Hell -- imagine if Jordan, after losing to Boston and losing to Detroit, decided to join forces with Isiah Thomas and Larry Bird. Or if Jordan left to join Magic Johnson and Abdul Jabaar. That is basically what Lebron and Durant have done.

this is why players lose a little respect when they pull this kinda stuff imo. Deion Sanders did the same thing when he imo sold out to the Cowboys in the NFL...

FA era for you, though...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is why players lose a little respect when they pull this kinda stuff imo. Deion Sanders did the same thing when he imo sold out to the Cowboys in the NFL...

FA era for you, though...
Without a doubt. As I said, imagine if Jordan could hand pick two teammates, what his team would have done? Good lord.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did? Who were the superstars he brought over to the Bulls? Scottie Pippen? They traded to get him at the draft with the Super Sonics -- Pippen went to a NAIA school, hardly "stacking the deck". Who are the other superstars? Steve Kerr? Craig Hodges? Bill Cartwright? Horace Grant?

I'd love to hear how Chicago did anything remotely close to what Miami and Cleveland have done to coddle James?

And I hate you for making me talk about the Bulls in a positive light, as I cannot stand anything to do with Chicago, other than the Cubs -- they deserve a title, they suffered enough.

Jordan had the best supporting cast in the history of the nba, they ranked supporting casts and jordone had the #1, 5 and 6...they broke down by statistics so your 1 all star theory holds no water....

Where This Year’s Cavs Rank Among LeBron’s NBA Finals Supporting Casts

As far as durant and lebron, my main difference is Durant left a championship contender and lebrons cavs were not championship contenders...

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love and pieces for Cousins would be a good move for the Cavs in my opinion. He's not a plodding low post center. He has some range so he wouldn't necessarily clog up the paint for LeBron and Irving drives. He would punish Golden State inside. I think he'd be less of a head case on a winning team.

Yeah, maybe like a jr smith. I am convinced he is much better, but i would be scared to mess with a championship core...never know how it will turn out

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan had the best supporting cast in the history of the nba, they ranked supporting casts and jordone had the #1, 5 and 6...they broke down by statistics so your 1 all star theory holds no water....

As far as durant and lebron, my main difference is Durant left a championship contender and lebrons cavs were not championship contenders...
Good lord. I now understand why the guy who gave the finger to his hometown team is now their hero. They are delusional. :L

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wanted to get a look at how the supporting cast fared when Jordan left the Bulls for good after the 3peat from 96-98 since he had the greatest supporting cast in the history of the NBA.

From 1996-1998 -- the Bulls won 203 games on the regular season.

From 1999-2001 -- the first 3 years after Jordan retired for good from Chicago. They won 45 games. Not 45 games per season. 45 GAMES total in three years.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Holy shit if that is true it makes Dirks 2011 championship that much crazier. Lebron had his best supporting cast ever. :D