• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Durant Signing With Warriors

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On its way down?

They won the title the year before in grand fashion by sweeping the Magic. The decline began when Sir Charles arrived, not before.

The decline happened because Jordan was back

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No superstar has walked away from what KD walked away from, it hasn't happened. Shaw closest thing I can think of but Orlando blew the hell out of that deal.

KD is a bitch, he's also injury prone, and won't stand up to the scrutiny when they start losing...imagine how stupid he is going to look when if they lose next year

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not a bitch, but in truth is about as weak minded as Lebron. They are a lot alike in that regard.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD is a bitch, he's also injury prone, and won't stand up to the scrutiny when they start losing...imagine how stupid he is going to look when if they lose next year

No dumber than when LeBron failed in year 1 with the Heat.

Why is everyone so worked up about this? It's pretty fascinating actually...let's see if the superteam can be beaten, or not. Was the NBA worse when the Bulls won every year?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not a bitch, but in truth is about as weak minded as Lebron. They are a lot alike in that regard.

LOL yeah like you would have thought that 2 weeks ago.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This board is funny, the only reason some people applaud the move is because they hope it can push their agenda on lebron and hope it makes it harder for him to win...If Durant had signed with the cavs the same people would all be bitching their heads off lol
The only people applauding the move are GS fans. The fans with no dog in the fight are trying to get Cavs fans to take off the blinders and look in the mirror, because before Durant, it was LeBron jumping from Cleveland to Miami to make a super team and then it was LeBron again jumping from Miami to Cleveland to do it again.

The only difference is -- GS had drafted so well, they could add a player like Durant instead of recruiting multiple FA's or in Cleveland's case, winning the NBA lottery 3 times in 4 years to be able to trade for Kevin Love.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only people applauding the move are GS fans. The fans with no dog in the fight are trying to get Cavs fans to take off the blinders and look in the mirror, because before Durant, it was LeBron jumping from Cleveland to Miami to make a super team and then it was LeBron again jumping from Miami to Cleveland to do it again.

The only difference is -- GS had drafted so well, they could add a player like Durant instead of recruiting multiple FA's or in Cleveland's case, winning the NBA lottery 3 times in 4 years to be able to trade for Kevin Love.

The Warriors drafted 3 of their big 4. The Warriors took advantage of the salary cap spike, but they took no short cuts.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have already explained to you it's not the same. It's similar, but not the same. Any of lebrons teams without him are not the finals favorites....period end of story

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have already explained to you it's not the same. It's similar, but not the same. Any of lebrons teams without him are not the finals favorites....period end of story
So it is just fine to jump around to build a super team, but if a team has drafted well and has the resources to sign someone like Durant it is different and weak.

Sounds to me, GS did the exact same thing as LeBron but because of their front office, they were able to do it better

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it is just fine to jump around to build a super team, but if a team has drafted well and has the resources to sign someone like Durant it is different and weak.

Sounds to me, GS did the exact same thing as LeBron but because of their front office, they were able to do it better

I think it was a great move for gs, i don't blame them at all. I said kd is weak and what he did was different, big difference.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a great move for gs, i don't blame them at all. I said kd is weak and what he did was different, big difference.
Newsflash -- what KD AND LeBron did was weak.

Stating that they are somehow different is splitting hairs. Lebron left a team that won 66 and 61 games to handpicked a team in Miami. Durant left a team who was one win away from the finals, to join the team that beat him.

The difference --one team was handpicked, one team was built by great front office movespace and the biggest difference, it isnt the the big 3 now, it is the big 4.

Someone on the radio said it perfectly today here in Detroit. What LeBron and Durant have done is akin to Isiah Thomas back in the day, leaving the Pistons and joining Bird and McHale in Boston, or Jordan leaving the Bulls to join the Pistons.

Players today are worried about one thing. Winning a ring. Loyalty and competitive spirit are thrown out the window. They only care if they get a ring and want the quickest way to achieve this.

I shouldn't have said "players" -- I should have said today's superstars.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What you are hearing is the sounds of serious butt hurt from fans letting to many farts slip from their crack

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think KD stays with the Warriors long-term? Or switch teams again after about 1-3 years?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think KD stays with the Warriors long-term? Or switch teams again after about 1-3 years?

After what just happened how could anyone claim to have a feeling one way or another?

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're from OKC or an OKC fan, better not answer yet cos you're being more emotional instead of being intellectual in sharing your thoughts.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newsflash -- what KD AND LeBron did was weak.

Stating that they are somehow different is splitting hairs. Lebron left a team that won 66 and 61 games to handpicked a team in Miami. Durant left a team who was one win away from the finals, to join the team that beat him.

The difference --one team was handpicked, one team was built by great front office movespace and the biggest difference, it isnt the the big 3 now, it is the big 4.

Someone on the radio said it perfectly today here in Detroit. What LeBron and Durant have done is akin to Isiah Thomas back in the day, leaving the Pistons and joining Bird and McHale in Boston, or Jordan leaving the Bulls to join the Pistons.

Players today are worried about one thing. Winning a ring. Loyalty and competitive spirit are thrown out the window. They only care if they get a ring and want the quickest way to achieve this.

I shouldn't have said "players" -- I should have said today's superstars.

Lebron was never as close as durant was. Lebron was still the man, even when he left to miami...LeBron went to a team with 2 guys that only 1 had finals experience

"Durant is going to a team with a two-time MVP, a 2 time runner up DPOY and all nba 2nd team, a repeat 3rd all nba team sg that is one of the better 2 way players in the league---and they all have heaps of playoff and championship experience---- and a coach that has championship experience.

you can try and generalize the two situations into the same thing- but if you do any kind of in depth analysis the situations are not apples to oranges...its more like apples to wrenches."

I will agree players are very concerned about rings, but no guarantee he gets one...And a lot more pressure and embarrassment if they lose

Last edited:

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron was never as close as durant was. Lebron was still the man, even when he left to miami...LeBron went to a team with 2 guys that only 1 had finals experience

"Durant is going to a team with a two-time MVP, a 2 time runner up DPOY and all nba 2nd team, a repeat 3rd all nba team sg that is one of the better 2 way players in the league---and they all have heaps of playoff and championship experience---- and a coach that has championship experience.

you can try and generalize the two situations into the same thing- but if you do any kind of in depth analysis the situations are not apples to oranges...its more like apples to wrenches."

I will agree players are very concerned about rings, but no guarantee he gets one...And a lot more pressure and embarrassment if they lose
Wade had just as much accolade and playoff experience when he joined Lebron. I would argue Wade is alot more impressive since he had to do it himself :noidea:. Sure Bosh never had that experience but this is really splitting hairs at this point.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup Lebron is "weak minded". No way he could step up and lead a team to an NBA Championship ... won't ever happen.

(Curry ... on the other hand ... will always step up and hit the big shot at crunchtime in the NBA Finals.)

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly it's funny listening to ESPN radio where the people say this is a weak move, yet they aren't willing to leave what is by far the most dominant career path for sports media to try and find somewhere else and make that a competitor.

GS is in a great position right now to add, and of course they are going to try to add the best player, and that's got to be by far the best looking career path for Durant from a basketball perspective if he wants to win. It obviously is a lot different from Lebron's situation (I like Westbrook a lot better than them throwing Jameson and old Shaq out there for Lebron, and that roster is a million times better than the heat's.).

I could care less to be honest. Smart move by him.