• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Durant Signing With Warriors

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only people applauding the move are GS fans.

For the record Sonics fans love this too. To see OKC have to suck it, and when I hear things like this is bad for the NBA it makes me feel all warm inside after how the league treated Seattle. This is awesome!

I hope Durant wins some rings now.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only people applauding the move are GS fans. The fans with no dog in the fight are trying to get Cavs fans to take off the blinders and look in the mirror, because before Durant, it was LeBron jumping from Cleveland to Miami to make a super team and then it was LeBron again jumping from Miami to Cleveland to do it again.

The only difference is -- GS had drafted so well, they could add a player like Durant instead of recruiting multiple FA's or in Cleveland's case, winning the NBA lottery 3 times in 4 years to be able to trade for Kevin Love.
And Lebron haters :dhd:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only people applauding the move are GS fans. The fans with no dog in the fight are trying to get Cavs fans to take off the blinders and look in the mirror, because before Durant, it was LeBron jumping from Cleveland to Miami to make a super team and then it was LeBron again jumping from Miami to Cleveland to do it again.

The only difference is -- GS had drafted so well, they could add a player like Durant instead of recruiting multiple FA's or in Cleveland's case, winning the NBA lottery 3 times in 4 years to be able to trade for Kevin Love.

:clap:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think Durant will stay long term?

Yes. He does not like the scrutiny that comes with free agency. He will extend on a max deal next season and will be in GS at least 5 years.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron was never as close as durant was. Lebron was still the man, even when he left to miami...LeBron went to a team with 2 guys that only 1 had finals experience

"Durant is going to a team with a two-time MVP, a 2 time runner up DPOY and all nba 2nd team, a repeat 3rd all nba team sg that is one of the better 2 way players in the league---and they all have heaps of playoff and championship experience---- and a coach that has championship experience.

you can try and generalize the two situations into the same thing- but if you do any kind of in depth analysis the situations are not apples to oranges...its more like apples to wrenches."

I will agree players are very concerned about rings, but no guarantee he gets one...And a lot more pressure and embarrassment if they lose
LeBron never got to the finals before leaving Cleveland? Really? Maybe Cavs fans have decided to wipe LBJ's career before Miami from their memory.

And personally, IMO, it was more embarrassing when LBJ left to Miami. You had the best player in the league, not being able to get it done in Cleveland, so he recruited the top SG and the top PF to try and win a championship.

While Durant is one of the best players in the NBA -- he did you recruit anyone. He played out his contract and it just so happens, the team who has run their franchise the best thru the draft could sign him.

Do I think both are weak? Absolutely. In Durant's defense -- he didn't handpicked his teammates, didn't make his FA time a spectacle and didn't make a big to do about changing teams. He was humble and signed with the team who gave him his best chance to win a title.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron never got to the finals before leaving Cleveland? Really? Maybe Cavs fans have decided to wipe LBJ's career before Miami from their memory.

And personally, IMO, it was more embarrassing when LBJ left to Miami. You had the best player in the league, not being able to get it done in Cleveland, so he recruited the top SG and the top PF to try and win a championship.

While Durant is one of the best players in the NBA -- he did you recruit anyone. He played out his contract and it just so happens, the team who has run their franchise the best thru the draft could sign him.

Do I think both are weak? Absolutely. In Durant's defense -- he didn't handpicked his teammates, didn't make his FA time a spectacle and didn't make a big to do about changing teams. He was humble and signed with the team who gave him his best chance to win a title.

Listen Miami hadn't made it out of the 1st round of the playoffs in 4 years with wade...Bosh was not the even close to the top PF...Duncan/Nowitzki/garnet were all the top PF's

Lebrons teammates were terrible and getting very old on top of it and they were worse than the year before. He had to leave, difference is durant didn't because he had a much better team capable of winning. Are you comparing lebrons teammates to durants? They never should have been in the finals in 07 so i don't really count it.

He didn't have to recruit or handpick anyone, he joined a 73 win team that was in the finals lol

While both moves were weak, Durant took it to another level

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen Miami hadn't made it out of the 1st round of the playoffs in 4 years with wade...Bosh was not the even close to the top PF...Duncan/Nowitzki/garnet were all the top PF's

Lebrons teammates were terrible and getting very old on top of it and they were worse than the year before. He had to leave, difference is durant didn't because he had a much better team capable of winning. Are you comparing lebrons teammates to durants? They never should have been in the finals in 07 so i don't really count it.

He didn't have to recruit or handpick anyone, he joined a 73 win team that was in the finals lol

While both moves were weak, Durant took it to another level

What does Miami's success previous to Bosh and LBJ signing have to do with anything? The entire team was gutted and handpicked around those 3 players. As far as who was the best, you can argue whatever you'd like, I will say one of the best -- he had almost 50 double doubles in Toronto, the year before joining Miami, whining average 23 ppg. He is an 11 time all-star.

As for who HAD to leave. NEITHER of them had to leave. They CHOSE to leave. LBJ handpicked his team and then put on an embarrassing spectacle to thumb his nose at his hometown, the same fans praising him now. Durant did take the east road, but he did so with humility and he didn't need to stroke his ego with am hour special to say he was joining the team that gives them the best chance to win a ring.

In the end -- neither Durant or LBJ have the killer mentality, where they will put a team on tear back and dunk on their own mom if it means winning a game. You can't teach it, you either have it or u don't. They need other superstars surrounding them to get to the end goal. They are both tremendously blessed with physical skills, but theyes are not like MJ, Kobe, Bird, etc. The all time greats who will step on your throat if it means winning a game. And there is nothing wrong with that. We are always going hear about players being the next MJ, but if they lack the killer mentality they will never get to that level IMO

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does Miami's success previous to Bosh and LBJ signing have to do with anything? The entire team was gutted and handpicked around those 3 players. As far as who was the best, you can argue whatever you'd like, I will say one of the best -- he had almost 50 double doubles in Toronto, the year before joining Miami, whining average 23 ppg. He is an 11 time all-star.

As for who HAD to leave. NEITHER of them had to leave. They CHOSE to leave. LBJ handpicked his team and then put on an embarrassing spectacle to thumb his nose at his hometown, the same fans praising him now. Durant did take the east road, but he did so with humility and he didn't need to stroke his ego with am hour special to say he was joining the team that gives them the best chance to win a ring.

In the end -- neither Durant or LBJ have the killer mentality, where they will put a team on tear back and dunk on their own mom if it means winning a game. You can't teach it, you either have it or u don't. They need other superstars surrounding them to get to the end goal. They are both tremendously blessed with physical skills, but theyes are not like MJ, Kobe, Bird, etc. The all time greats who will step on your throat if it means winning a game. And there is nothing wrong with that. We are always going hear about players being the next MJ, but if they lack the killer mentality they will never get to that level IMO

I would agree with you, except lebron put the smack down on the greatest team ever. Led both teams in points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks...No player has ever done that, including jordan

Listen there is a reason no team or player has down what lebron and gilbert did, they all learned from that...I respect what gilbert did because at least he was honest...

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On its way down?

They won the title the year before in grand fashion by sweeping the Magic. The decline began when Sir Charles arrived, not before.
You're missing, or ignoring, the details again. The decline was well under way before Barkley ever got there. They didn't win the title the year before Barkley got there--lots of radio talk shows are getting that wrong. The Rockets won the title in 94-95. The next year, in 95-96, they got swept in the 2nd rd. Barkley was brought in for the 96-97 season. That season, Barkley turned 34, Olajuwon turned 34 and Drexler turned 35. It's easy to call that a team in decline (Father Time). Like I said, the Rockets were an old team and on the way down when Barkley got there. Not nearly the same thing as Durant joining the Ws.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with you, except lebron put the smack down on the greatest team ever. Led both teams in points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks...No player has ever done that, including jordan

Listen there is a reason no team or player has down what lebron and gilbert did, they all learned from that...I respect what gilbert did because at least he was honest...

No doubt. LBJ is a beast and will go down as one of the top 5-10 players of all time.

Personally, even though I love him as a player, he will never be in the conversation as the GOAT, because he lacks the killer instinct. When the game is on the line in the final seconds, more times than not, his teammates will be taking the shot to win the game, as Irvin knocked down the big 3 with less than a minute left in game 7.

If I'm on a fast break -- I'd take lebron over anyone as he is a freight train. If it comes down to the game on the line and needing a big shot, I'd take multiple players in the NBA right now over him. That is why I couldn't call him an all-time great. To get his rings, he had to handpick a team in Miami and then go to Cleveland and do the same.

As far as Cleveland fans -- I can't help but laugh. The same people burning his jersey and calling him a traitor, are now the same one praising him, when in reality, if Cleveland didn't win the draft lottery 3 times and get Irvin and Wiggins -- LBJ wouldn't have even given Cleveland a 2nd thought.

As someone who knows what it is like to cheer for a team who constantly let's you down (the lions) I don't blame you. But don't try throw shade on another player for doing what is essentially the same thing LBJ did, which is take the easy way out to win a ring and stack the deck.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. LBJ is a beast and will go down as one of the top 5-10 players of all time.

Personally, even though I love him as a player, he will never be in the conversation as the GOAT, because he lacks the killer instinct. When the game is on the line in the final seconds, more times than not, his teammates will be taking the shot to win the game, as Irvin knocked down the big 3 with less than a minute left in game 7.

If I'm on a fast break -- I'd take lebron over anyone as he is a freight train. If it comes down to the game on the line and needing a big shot, I'd take multiple players in the NBA right now over him. That is why I couldn't call him an all-time great. To get his rings, he had to handpick a team in Miami and then go to Cleveland and do the same.

As far as Cleveland fans -- I can't help but laugh. The same people burning his jersey and calling him a traitor, are now the same one praising him, when in reality, if Cleveland didn't win the draft lottery 3 times and get Irvin and Wiggins -- LBJ wouldn't have even given Cleveland a 2nd thought.

As someone who knows what it is like to cheer for a team who constantly let's you down (the lions) I don't blame you. But don't try throw shade on another player for doing what is essentially the same thing LBJ did, which is take the easy way out to win a ring and stack the deck.

Please, if he beats a durant led warriors team next year...He will be the goat imo

In the playoffs LeBron has now taken 10 potential go-ahead shots in the final five seconds of the fourth quarter or overtime. He's connected on six of them, according to ESPN's Brian Windhorst. Jordan was 5-of-11 in such situations during his career.

And if you expand to the final minute of playoff Q4/OT, Lebron is 13/27 and Kobe is 10/37 on game-tying/go-ahead field goals.

LeBron James is now measurably as clutch as Michael Jordan

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think lebron is better than Jordan too?

When a team is so scared of lebron that they have to add another superstar to a team that won 73 games something no nba team has ever done...that speaks volumes

GS was on par or better statistically in a lot of categories than the 72 win bulls with HC and lebron shit all over that team....nuff said

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a team is so scared of lebron that they have to add another superstar to a team that won 73 games something no nba team has ever done...that speaks volumes

GS was on par or better statistically in a lot of categories than the 72 win bulls with HC and lebron shit all over that team....nuff said

Jordan never head to team up with two superstars (twice) to win titles. Thoughts?