• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dungy really???

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm a dick too them because if I'm a football coach I wouldn't want to have those same issues boiling up in my locker room. When blacks were first allowed into professional sports coaches and managers had to deal with the race issues on their locker rooms. It took awhile for the league to finally except it, same thing with fans in the NFL it will take years before it is fully excepted, if it ever will be.

Vince Lombardi accepted gay players on his team | ProFootballTalk

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coverage of Sam and his boyfriend during the NFL draft was not cool. Glad he is not on the Cowboys

uofmarmyguy

Meat Popsicle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the issue. Dungy is a black male. It wasn't too long ago where someone could say, "I won't draft Dungy because the locker room is filled with white players and I don't want to bring the drama into our team by drafting a black player. That's the issue! Personally I hope Sam turns into an absolute superstar and wrecks this league. Just as years ago we had racism put on black people our country is going through the next stage of accepting people. It's disgusting that someone would try to act like Sam isn't a man or a regular guy. I hate homophobes because the majority of gay people I've met in my life are the most stable, caring, good and generous group of people in our society. If his team mates can't accept that F them just as how if someone didn't accept Dungy cause he's black Id say F them too.

We need love and acceptance in our world not racism and homophobia.

So your world of love acceptance and tolerance should not be tolerant of a Christian worldview of belief in the Bible?

And I am so flippen sick of homophobia thrown around by idiot liberals:

of HOMOPHOBIA
: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals

Right out of Webster's.

Not accepting the homosexual lifestyle in a non-derogatory way is not homophobia, it is Christian! Which he has stated he has been for most of his life. Love how homosexual groups and supporters want to throw not being labeled in our faces then label us when we disagree.

Pot, the kettle is calling!

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Closeted guys vs. Out guys are a different story, especially in today's media world. Yes Lombardi said if anyone harasses a gay player they'd be cut but do you really believe Lombardi carried out that threat? He may have with a 3rd string fringe player but he wouldn't cut a star. People credited Jimmy Johnson for cutting a player for sleeping, but if that player wasn't a bottom of the roster guy Jimmy wasn't going to cut him.

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt this all get resolved in the movie Remember the Titans? "Sunshine" became the starting qb and they won the title. duh

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your world of love acceptance and tolerance should not be tolerant of a Christian worldview of belief in the Bible?

And I am so flippen sick of homophobia thrown around by idiot liberals:

of HOMOPHOBIA
: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals

Right out of Webster's.

Not accepting the homosexual lifestyle in a non-derogatory way is not homophobia, it is Christian! Which he has stated he has been for most of his life. Love how homosexual groups and supporters want to throw not being labeled in our faces then label us when we disagree.

Pot, the kettle is calling!
I am a Christian, and I believe it is wrong, but there are a couple of things. Number one, who know's if Sam is a Christian or not? America is a free country, and that freedom includes freedom of religion. Second, if he is a Christian, it's still not our place to judge, as we shall all be judged. I have a bigger problem with ESPN than I ever had with Sam. While he has a right to lead whatever lifestyle he chooses, I do not think it is right for ESPN to repeatedly air Sam and his mate kissing when there are a lot of people that would rather not see that or have their children see it

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sam was a first round talent he could be whatever he wants to be and any coach would accept the "distraction" but fact is he's a 7th rounder that may or may not make the team so he would be an unwanted distraction so what Dungy is saying is he wouldn't want it, no problem with that in my book.

Wait till Sam is cut then the rams will be public enemy #1 with the rainbows out there and then you'll see a distraction IMHO

Hbomb

Mobile Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,923.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dungy says the reason is only because he wouldn't want the distraction.

Yet he was all for someone giving Vick a chance after prison. Yeah that wasn't a distraction.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yet he was all for someone giving Vick a chance after prison. Yeah that wasn't a distraction.

Vick first round talent
Sam 7th round talent
That's the difference IMO

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vick first round talent
Sam 7th round talent

Additionally we all knew Vick did have NFL talent.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm a dick too them because if I'm a football coach I wouldn't want to have those same issues boiling up in my locker room. When blacks were first allowed into professional sports coaches and managers had to deal with the race issues on their locker rooms. It took awhile for the league to finally except it, same thing with fans in the NFL it will take years before it is fully excepted, if it ever will be.

Your not a dick... youre just not a man. A man faces the wrongs in this world and tries to change it. If everyone had your attitude there still would be racism, sexism and homophobia in our country. There are bigger things in this world then winning football games. You are essentially saying I wouldnt have drafted a black man or a hispanic man on to my team because I wouldnt want to ruffle any feathers and change the status quo.

Its funny how so many people are sticking up for Dungys right to say what he wants and ripping the people who disagree. Hilter murdered 10s of millions but I shouldnt rip him because he said what he believes. Huhh
?

Lastly, I thinks its even more hillarious that people let their little kids play video games where they spend their entire summer murdering people. Then they let them watch movies where people get blown up, shot, ripped to a shread and the parents couldnt give a crap. But when two men that dont harm anybody decide to love each other... then we have a problem. Why dont you talk about your religion and its non acceptance of murder then let your 6 year old kid watch 4,000 murders a day. Makes no sense to me.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing Manster... you posting this.. Help control the Idiot population, have your democrats spayed or neutered!

THe educated party is the liberal party. Even Fox news put out an article saying the 10 most educated states are all Liberal states and the 10 least educated states are all Republican states. I hate arguing politics because it never goes anywhere but get your facts straight. I have some very smart, good republican friends and the same on the democrat side. But damn thats some offensive crap. There are morons on both sides. People just disagree on how the country should be run. I have tons of friends on both sides. THis is another issue thats messing up our country.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murdering 10 ' s of millions of people and not wanting to accept homosexuals are so far away from each other trying to use that as a guage is simply asinine.

You did say one thing I can't argue. If I was a NFL coach before the NFL integrated I would have had concerns about bringing in a black player. I want my team to be one cohesive unit. If bringing in one player risks that I'd avoid it at. Here's the truth about teams becoming integrated. A few teams took a chance and the other teams soon realized the talent was there and if they didn't change their ways they were not winning anytime soon. If and when gays are completely accepted will be after a few inclosed gays become perennial pro-bowlers. You need as many of the 53 players to buy into your system as possible, if one man can disrupt that I don't want him. T.O. is a perfect example. Great talent but a roster devider.

And another thing. I am a dick. Always have been and I know it.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing Manster... you posting this.. Help control the Idiot population, have your democrats spayed or neutered!

THe educated party is the liberal party. Even Fox news put out an article saying the 10 most educated states are all Liberal states and the 10 least educated states are all Republican states. I hate arguing politics because it never goes anywhere but get your facts straight. I have some very smart, good republican friends and the same on the democrat side. But damn thats some offensive crap. There are morons on both sides. People just disagree on how the country should be run. I have tons of friends on both sides. THis is another issue thats messing up our country.

Saw it on a bumper sticker and thought it was funny. Odds are very high you can find the same bumper sticker about republicans.

Now with that said just because you have a degree doesn't mean you are smart. There's educated people making dumb mistakes everyday.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the issue. Dungy is a black male. It wasn't too long ago where someone could say, "I won't draft Dungy because the locker room is filled with white players and I don't want to bring the drama into our team by drafting a black player. That's the issue! Personally I hope Sam turns into an absolute superstar and wrecks this league. Just as years ago we had racism put on black people our country is going through the next stage of accepting people. It's disgusting that someone would try to act like Sam isn't a man or a regular guy. I hate homophobes because the majority of gay people I've met in my life are the most stable, caring, good and generous group of people in our society. If his team mates can't accept that F them just as how if someone didn't accept Dungy cause he's black Id say F them too.

We need love and acceptance in our world not racism and homophobia.
You can't hide your color. Faulty comparison. Did gays have to overcome 400 years of slavery? I hate when people make the stupid comparison of blacks and gays. I do agree that any type of discrimination is wrong. I don't care about who anyone sleeps with

Last edited by a moderator:

bgduece

Kiss my Ass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is that your sexual conduct is a choice that you make...you race is something that you do not have a choice in...I don't see the comparison.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw it on a bumper sticker and thought it was funny. Odds are very high you can find the same bumper sticker about republicans.

I have seen that sticker about Rednecks, Republicans, Gay rights, Gun rights, Democrats, Redskin fans , Eagle fans, Cowboy fans on a pickup truck on 635 in Dallas Traffic and about any group you can imagine. I took it as a tongue in cheek reference that I don't like your politics football team whatever and I'm going to let you know. Laughed at some seethed at others but its about free speech & you cant agree with everybody then life would just be boring. Right ?

Life is to short enjoy the ride we all end up the same in the end.

JMHO

Last edited by a moderator:

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you talked to a black guy about sports, can you tell he is black? Obviously that is a dumb question. He cannot hide the fact that he is black, even if the situation has nothing to do with him being black.

If you talked to a gay guy about sports, can you tell he is gay? No. You are not talking about his sexual preference so you can't really tell.

Don't compare how blacks were treated and how gays are treated. Blacks don't need to reveal they are black for people to know. I don't get why gay people feel the need to reveal their homosexuality to think they are treated like everyone else, when before their revelation that are treated like everyone else.

You think you could hide your sexuality from your teammates?

Every guy in the locker room probably regularly talks his wife/girlfriend, etc. The news would have come out eventually. Which means the chances of him ever being "treated like everyone else" were very, very slim.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vick first round talent
Sam 7th round talent

So Dungy would only show a little backbone if the payoff was worth it?

As a black man he just failed to see how stupid his comments were.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think you could hide your sexuality from your teammates?

Every guy in the locker room probably regularly talks his wife/girlfriend, etc. The news would have come out eventually. Which means the chances of him ever being "treated like everyone else" were very, very slim.

Players have hid their sexuality for years in all sports. Sometimes there may be rumblings but until they come out or are caught the rest of the team doesn't know. Hell some gays get "girlfriends" to hide what they really are. Sorry you cannot compare gay to being black.