• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dungy really???

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think pretty much everything possible has been discussed about it. Sexual preference, freedom of speech, rights, religion, and race.

I bet I could squeeze global warming in there ...but I won't.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with a lot of what you said. Why would any coach want to deal with the circus that will come with drafting the first gay player, even if you are in full support of it.

But as a black head coach, you would think regardless of how mediocre the players was, he would go the extra mile, make a sacrifice and draft him.

It just comes off as him taking the path of least resistance and ignoring the similarities of his past struggles as a African american

I think the fact he is not coaching anymore is what gave him the liberty to voice that opinion. Current head coaches have to worry about perception of the team, & in extreme cases being fired. An ex-coach doesn't have to worry about what is perceived other than for himself. Allows them to be less PC & more honest.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the issue. Dungy is a black male. It wasn't too long ago where someone could say, "I won't draft Dungy because the locker room is filled with white players and I don't want to bring the drama into our team by drafting a black player. That's the issue! Personally I hope Sam turns into an absolute superstar and wrecks this league. Just as years ago we had racism put on black people our country is going through the next stage of accepting people. It's disgusting that someone would try to act like Sam isn't a man or a regular guy. I hate homophobes because the majority of gay people I've met in my life are the most stable, caring, good and generous group of people in our society. If his team mates can't accept that F them just as how if someone didn't accept Dungy cause he's black Id say F them too.

We need love and acceptance in our world not racism and homophobia.
I hate it when people try and compare the Gay experience to the Black experience. Two complete and separate issues. :gaah:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a simple issue that is being blown up into a complicated issue. We are being force fed that only complete acceptance of the " LGTB " lifestyle is acceptable. Anything but that is unacceptable and means you are intolerant.

WAIT JUST A MINUTE! Why can I not disapprove of the lifestyle and just get along. It is kind of like the old Model A that Henry Ford sold and you could buy it in any color you want as long as it was Black.

My issue is not with anybody that is LGTB it is with being force fed that it must be completely accepted and that no other viewpoint is allowed period. That sure seems intolerant to me.

Dungy spoke his mind on his convictions and his opinions. When did it become automatically divisive to speak your mind and espouse your thoughts and beliefs with no tolerance from those that believe different ? You see that flag fly's both ways and causes a complete blockage to sharing viewpoints.

On Sam's I don't care about his skin color or his sexual preference as long as he can play Football. But to think that his sexual preference wont raise awareness, distractions or issues is naïve at best and dumb at worst.

JMHO
I couldn't agree with you more sir. To add to that why if I don't agree with this life style I'm labeled a "homophobe" . I don't hate or fear Sam or any other gay person for that matter....I just don't condone that life style nor do I condone abortion, r*pe, murder, ect.

As far as him not wanting attention that's also some nonsense did we forget he had a reality show on the Oprah network that got canned because it would have been a major distraction for the team.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't agree with you more sir. To add to that why if I don't agree with this life style I'm labeled a "homophobe" . I don't hate or fear Sam or any other gay person for that matter....I just don't condone that life style nor do I condone abortion, r*pe, murder, ect.

As far as him not wanting attention that's also some nonsense did we forget he had a reality show on the Oprah network that got canned because it would have been a major distraction for the team.

You are right (in your previous comment), being Gay is nothing like being black. It's like being a rapist or a murderer...wait,,,what? You lost me...

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your sexuality isnt your choice either. You're born that way. When your 7 years old you dont say, "I think Im going to be straight."

Murdering 10 ' s of millions of people and not wanting to accept homosexuals are so far away from each other trying to use that as a guage is simply asinine.

It isn't assinine, its an analogy. Analogies dont have to be on the same level to try and illustrate an example.

I do not think it is right for ESPN to repeatedly air Sam and his mate kissing when there are a lot of people that would rather not see that or have their children see it

I agree with a ton of what you said but America is really fucked if parents are OK with their kids spending their summer playing Grand THeft Auto and watching people get slaughtered in movies but then think it will harm their kids if the see two men who LOVE each other.

You can't hide your color. Faulty comparison. Did gays have to overcome 400 years of slavery?

No, but they still get treated HORRIBLY and its wrong. With your line of thinking it seems as if your saying its OK to be sexist or homophobic because they didnt have it as bad a black people in our country. I respect peoples religion but when its been proven that being gay is genetic and one has no say over being straight or gay I personally feel its wrong. I dont want to offend anyone for their beliefs but why are so many CHristians pick a tiny verse out of a huge book and act like they need to be anti gay. THe bible speaks to a myriad of topics but they let other topics slide. I'd waaaaay rather see my kids watch two gay people that LOVE each other then turning their back on the amount of murders they see.
I don't believe that statement can be proved either way(if people are or aren't born gay we are all born sinners so its possible). Regardless you have to act out on whatever behavior you choose to display. I believe its a choice to exchange the natural function of your body, opposed to something that's unnatural. That's simply my opinion based on my beliefs. I believe Sam has the right to play and live his life how he see fit. I personally believe it's an unnatural behavior and don't condone this choice. No hate not fear I just personally believe it's wrong. I couldn't agree with you more concerning the things some exposed their children to via video games and television. That's why our society is so violent. Comparing Dungy to Hitler in my opinion is poor judgment and not fair. :suds:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right (in your previous comment), being Gay is nothing like being black. It's like being a rapist or a murderer...wait,,,what? You lost me...
Was responding to statement some else made. My point is I don't condone any of these behaviors don't twist my words I never said one is like the other.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know how you came up with that, that's irritating I said being gay is like being a murder or rapist? please read my statement again. No sir I didn't you kind of cross the line on that one.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no clue what the heck you were trying to say. That is why I wrote it like that. What exactly does this mean?

"I just don't condone that life style nor do I condone abortion, r*pe, murder, ect."

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no clue what the heck you were trying to say. That is why I wrote it like that. What exactly does this mean?

"I just don't condone that life style nor do I condone abortion, r*pe, murder, ect."

Okay gotcha thanks, Someone thing it was PE1 suggested that some people have a problem with gays, but the same ppl or okay with Murders, Rapist, etc. I was responding to that. Each of those are separate issues lol. To be clear just because I don't condone them doesn't mean I see them in the same way. Infact I'm okay with Sam in the NFL. I don't care that he's gay....can he help his team? Just don't parade and flaunt it. Be who you are and live your life according. Don't hide who you are. He said it, he should have addressed it and we should all have moved on. Instead he had cameras in the house and then the kiss and the canned Oprah show. To me it felt like...like with all things the media and people with agendas wanted to force this issue down our throats and incite a controversy. I know or I believe 100% he's not the first openly gay in the NFL. It's been said that Ernest Givings of the Oilers was openly gay and even had his partner at practice (rumor). Jeff Alm R.I.P was also rumored to be gay and it resulted in his death and I have made ems calls with guys who supposedly made the scene and they confirm the incident of his death to be true. Is it true I don't know.

Anyway thanks for giving me the chance in clearing up my statements. :suds:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"PE1 suggested that some people have a problem with gays, but the same ppl or okay with Murders, Rapist, etc. I was responding to that"

I had you all the way.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"PE1 suggested that some people have a problem with gays, but the same ppl or okay with Murders, Rapist, etc. I was responding to that"

I had you all the way.

So you got what I was trying to say....thank you, maybe I needed to proof read my last remarks.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to be a jerk at all but people dont understand analogies at all. "Comparing Dungy to Hitler in my opinion is poor judgment and not fair. "

I wasn't comparing Dungy to Hitler at all. I was drawing an analogy that if one says something we dont agree with (like Dungy) we have the right to rip him. People were saying that Dungy shouldnt be ripped because these were his feelings. Then I said if Hitler says something moronic like how Dungy did are we not allowed to rip hitler because Hitler was just saying his feelings.

THats not comparing Dungy to Hitler. THats trying to illustrate if one says something idiotic we have the right to rip them.

Analogy example... "Sam feels like a fish out of water in the locker room". Im not comparing Sam to a fish in this analogy just as I wasnt comparing Dungy to Hitler.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to be a jerk at all but people dont understand analogies at all. "Comparing Dungy to Hitler in my opinion is poor judgment and not fair. "

I wasn't comparing Dungy to Hitler at all. I was drawing an analogy that if one says something we dont agree with (like Dungy) we have the right to rip him. People were saying that Dungy shouldnt be ripped because these were his feelings. Then I said if Hitler says something moronic like how Dungy did are we not allowed to rip hitler because Hitler was just saying his feelings.

THats not comparing Dungy to Hitler. THats trying to illustrate if one says something idiotic we have the right to rip them.

Analogy example... "Sam feels like a fish out of water in the locker room". Im not comparing Sam to a fish in this analogy just as I wasnt comparing Dungy to Hitler.

Our country has gotten to the point where we think our rights to free speech only apply to those who agree with us. They don't seem to understand the part about all of us being able to speak freely. You're aboslutely right, if someone says something ignorant and hateful, others are going to give them a verbal lashing and we all have that right. We also all have the right to shut the hell up and keep our opinions to ourselves and if we choose to share an unpopular opinion, be prepared to get ripped. At the end of the day I haven't heard word the first about Tony Dungy being arrested for what he said so his rights are fully intact.

Also, if you don't condone homosexuality then don't fuck men!!

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our country has gotten to the point where we think our rights to free speech only apply to those who agree with us. They don't seem to understand the part about all of us being able to speak freely. You're aboslutely right, if someone says something ignorant and hateful, others are going to give them a verbal lashing and we all have that right. We also all have the right to shut the hell up and keep our opinions to ourselves and if we choose to share an unpopular opinion, be prepared to get ripped. At the end of the day I haven't heard word the first about Tony Dungy being arrested for what he said so his rights are fully intact.

Also, if you don't condone homosexuality then don't fuck men!!

This goes both ways, FYI I do understand what an analogy is too.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to be an your azz Snook because I agree with a lot you say. Sorry to nit-pick.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway thanks for giving me the chance in clearing up my statements. :suds:

No problem. We always get a chance to go back and explain what we really meant. The written word often can come off wrong to the reader. I figured you couldn't possibly mean that, but i think you can see why I brought it up based on the way you wrote it. Glad you explained.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to be an your azz Snook because I agree with a lot you say. Sorry to nit-pick.

Good we can communicate, we won't agree on everything, hopefully we can always find a way to meet in the middle or if nothing else learn to respectfully understand each other opinions rather we agree or not.:suds: