• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Duke @ SU - Keys to Getting the Win

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a hell of a game. First game I remember rooting for Duke in a long time. They got a whole bunch of lucky bounces and made some great plays but then the refs messed up a call. Still had a chance to win at the end but the whole thing seems like a game you just throw out when determining seeding and RPI and such. Both teams can play

It only adds to both their resumes, IMO. :suds:

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game! Tough loss for the Devils. But I have a feeling nobody wants to play them in March.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game! Tough loss for the Devils. But I have a feeling nobody wants to play them in March.

Forget march, syracuse aint gonna want to see those threes get drained in three weeks!

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome game... foul trouble made all the difference (and that non-call on the dunk).

Can't wait for the game in a couple weeks in Cameron... will be nuts.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say; this game makes a strong case for ACC basketball.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I agree with Dick V... #17 for Duke? That is BS.

My Gators are #3 and they have 2 losses....Duke lost to Kansas and Arizona... and only has one semi-bad loss. How are they #17???? Should be maybe #8 to #10 range at most. Kansas and Arizona are no shame losses. They should move up after this even with 4 losses.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say; this game makes a strong case for ACC basketball.

:agree:

I was actually thinking that as well. The preseason polls skew everyone's perception of who is good and who isn't... which leads to the talk about "x number of teams in our conference are ranked...", etc.

This year it is the B1G. A few years ago it was the Big East who got a crazy number of teams in and then got embarrassed. When one high ranged team beats another in the same conference, you hear how great they all are... but we are starting to see some of them fall.

I was actually thinking that the ACC may just be the toughest conference based on what we have seen the last two weeks... and with teams without a lot of national brand equity in the rankings as part of the ACC (e.g. Virginia, Pitt, etc.) it definitely impacts their overall perception.

Will be an interesting rest of season....

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget march, syracuse aint gonna want to see those threes get drained in three weeks!
Or what happens if they dont get drained? Syracuse is def the more consistent team

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or what happens if they dont get drained? Syracuse is def the more consistent team

Syracuse is a better team for sure. They thrived inside where Duke has no answer for their height.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to believe that any team going into the NCAA does not want Duke in their bracket. Syracuse was very fortunate to come away with a win tonight. Both teams played excellent. Other than having to listen to Dick Vitale for 3 hours, my disappointment was the lack of play by Plumlee. He was really the only non entity in the game. How about C. J. Fair....27 points and really showed why he will be an NBA player. Duke will be a better team in spite of this loss. They now know they are possibly the best team in the NCAA.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke by 8-10. Boeheim may have to change his game plan.

I think Duke definitely exposed some weakness in that zone tonight.

In the 1st half, the high post would get the ball... and wouldn't even face up the basket.

Late in the 2nd half, they started facing up the basket and driving... and would kick out for the 3. They needed to do more of that to put pressure on Cuse.

Can't wait for that game in Cameron though...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Syracuse is a better team for sure. They thrived inside where Duke has no answer for their height.
Yeah, Syracuse is a much scarier tournament team but I do think Duke played really hard and really well in this game

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They had two players to foul out and it was that stupid zone that gave Duke those threes and kept them in it. What u think is going to happen in Durham? If Boeheim doesnt mix in some man defense, they're gonna get hammered.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Duke definitely exposed some weakness in that zone tonight.

In the 1st half, the high post would get the ball... and wouldn't even face up the basket.

Late in the 2nd half, they started facing up the basket and driving... and would kick out for the 3. They needed to do more of that to put pressure on Cuse.

Can't wait for that game in Cameron though...

Yeah, that's true.....however had you known Duke would score 15 3 pointers, could you see that team losing? My point; even though Duke is great from beyond the arc; that's a lot of 3's and still lose. My question; will they get that production at home...not so sure about that. Syracuse only made 3 3 pointers; they usually are better. Duke could not deal with Grant and Fair..to me that was the key and those two guys will still get theirs next time.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And not just the three ball, Duke gave up a lot of close shots just to kick it out for a three. They will take those open shots next time which will make their three game much more dangerous.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And not just the three ball, Duke gave up a lot of close shots just to kick it out for a three. They will take those open shots next time which will make their three game much more dangerous.

But that's not Duke... They are a 3 point shooting team and not an inside team. They should be more imo but that's not how they are built

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, that's true; I was surprised that Parker did not face the basket and make some shots from the foul line. Have to make the defense respect that shot.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's not Duke... They are a 3 point shooting team and not an inside team. They should be more imo but that's not how they are built

Not so much inside, I mean those mid range shots they gave up. Look for coach K to emphasize those shots especially with floaters. They will take more next time along with the usual three pt assault.